You are Here:
The Sensual Goddess playing cards

Author (Read 1015 times)

The Sensual Goddess playing cards
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »

Oleanna

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Hi, my name is Oleanna. I don't know why it took me so long to find you, but I am happy that I have! I run a small publishing company that specializes in unique playing cards. We combine model photography with computer environments to produce some fabulous images which we have incorporated into our playing cards, tarot and books. The themes surround tasteful photo art nude pieces, but these are not "girly" pictures. Our images have won numerous awards and we are the only photo studio to have our work featured in Heavy Metal Magazine as well as a couple of television segments and gallery displays.

I thought it was about time I connected with the larger community to gain inspiration, feedback and make some real connections. I look forward to visiting here and I hope that this is a nice place to chat and make some new friends. Thanks for letting me in and I hope to connect with you real soon!

Our latest deck, just released this week, is called "The Sensual Goddess of Dark Fantasy" and it's all about dungeons, dragons, sci-fi and a little bit of the horror genre. Take a peek, if you dare, and I hope you like the photo art we have created.

- Oleanna  :)
Beauty and seduction, I believe, is nature's tool for survival, because we will protect what we fall in love with.

Re: The Sensual Goddess playing cards
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:59:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi, my name is Oleanna. I don't know why it took me so long to find you, but I am happy that I have! I run a small publishing company that specializes in unique playing cards. We combine model photography with computer environments to produce some fabulous images which we have incorporated into our playing cards, tarot and books. The themes surround tasteful photo art nude pieces, but these are not "girly" pictures. Our images have won numerous awards and we are the only photo studio to have our work featured in Heavy Metal Magazine as well as a couple of television segments and gallery displays.

I thought it was about time I connected with the larger community to gain inspiration, feedback and make some real connections. I look forward to visiting here and I hope that this is a nice place to chat and make some new friends. Thanks for letting me in and I hope to connect with you real soon!

Our latest deck, just released this week, is called "The Sensual Goddess of Dark Fantasy" and it's all about dungeons, dragons, sci-fi and a little bit of the horror genre. Take a peek, if you dare, and I hope you like the photo art we have created.

- Oleanna  :)

First, welcome to the forum.  We're glad to have you here.

The photo looks nice, but you didn't include a link to find the cards anywhere!

I found them on eBay.  There's a few things worth noting.

First, the cards are not what would be defined as either "family-friendly" or "suitable for work."  They have partial nudes throughout.  I'm personally not opposed to that, but there are people here who would be.

Second, the cards are published in Canada - but by what printer?  The printer makes a big difference to many collectors - it's often an indicator of the quality of the production.  A pack of cards from the US Playing Card Company would be different than a pack from Cartamundi, which would be different than a pack from Expert PCC, which might be different than Legends PCC (many of their decks are printed in the same factory!), and all of them would be way different than one from a no-name, fly-by-night print shop somewhere in mainland China.  I've never seen a major brand of cards from out of Canada, not since the International Playing Card Company ceased producing on Canadian soil and instead started shipping decks from their parent company, USPC.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: The Sensual Goddess playing cards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »

Oleanna

• Newcomer

• Facebook:
Thanks for the reply! You're right, I suppose I should have included a link, but I guess I am a little shy and this section was supposed to be to introduce myself and I didn't want to appear too pushy in my first post. (BLUSH). So you can find us here: http://www.sensual-goddess.com. For sure the cards are aimed at adults as the content is not "family friendly". The cards are printed in China. We had a lot of trouble finding a printer that met the quality standards we have. The printer's name is The Honest Vantage Printing Company. They are a well-known company and Apple used them to print their iPhone boxes. The cards are a 300gsm glossy stock that is coated with this cool polymer varnish that makes them a dream to shuffle. The color reproduction on the images is superb. We used a super-fine offset screen and shipped color proofs to them so they could color match the images. They did an excellent job. The printing cost is higher than we got other quotes for but we didn't want to compromise the quality. We thought that serious card aficionados would be willing to pay a little more if the quality was there. It's hard to see the images properly on Ebay, so here is a link to the product page on our web site: http://www.sensual-goddess.com/Sensual-Goddess-of-Dark-Fantasy.php

Thanks for the reply and your feedback!

Huggers,
- Oleanna
Beauty and seduction, I believe, is nature's tool for survival, because we will protect what we fall in love with.