$75 Gold Arcane Deal from Ellusionist
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Ellusionist writes

Limited time only. The Gold Arcanes are now available to anyone who places a shippable order over $75. Let's these babies snuggle up next to your LTD and Red Artifice decks now, because this offer vanishes in 48 hours. Once you get them, take a picture of all your rare decks and show them off.

But remember, after 48 hours, these decks won't be available at this level again.

CBJ

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: $75 Gold Arcane Deal from Ellusionist
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow! They're having a ton of great deals recently! I just home they do one of them for the Black Ghost First Edition. Thats the only Ellusionist deck that I don't have!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Nah, I'll pass on this one, my LTD and red artifice orders were already more than I thought I could handle ::)
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Wow! They're having a ton of great deals recently! I just home they do one of them for the Black Ghost First Edition. Thats the only Ellusionist deck that I don't have!

...and I hope you aren't holding your breath!  I haven't seen any BG1E specials since I started buying from them a year ago.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

...and I hope you aren't holding your breath!  I haven't seen any BG1E specials since I started buying from them a year ago.
They have given away every rare deck they have printed this holiday except for the BG1E so i am pretty confident they will give them away. I dont think it will be for $75 probably more like $150 or $200 but i think they will give them away.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

They have given away every rare deck they have printed this holiday except for the BG1E so i am pretty confident they will give them away. I dont think it will be for $75 probably more like $150 or $200 but i think they will give them away.

Did they do it last Christmas or the one before?  I've seen multiple "$75 specials" on the Gold Arcanes, the Red Artifices were actually available for purchase, and the LTD deck is very new and a holiday season special.  But with all the specials E ran in the last twelve months, none of them involved the BG1E, which is now the rarest deck they've got - they had around a thousand earlier this year and that number's probably in the upper to mid triple digits by now.

It would be a great thing, but also not highly likely.  Compared to the other sites, E's already been running the biggest and most attractive specials in the greatest numbers.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 04:54:39 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Did they do it last Christmas or the one before?  I've seen multiple "$75 specials" on the Gold Arcanes, the Red Artifices were actually available for purchase, and the LTD deck is very new and a holiday season special.  But with all the specials E ran in the last twelve months, none of them involved the BG1E, which is now the rarest deck they've got - they had around a thousand earlier this year and that number's probably in the upper to mid triple digits by now.

It would be a great thing, but also not highly likely.  Compared to the other sites, E's already been running the biggest and most attractive specials in the greatest numbers.
Because they havn`t done one last year, or the year before, or the year before that is one of the reasons I think they will do one this year :)  I think that they probably have about 650-800 left so if they did they they would probably make it a bit more expensive but I do think they will do domething. Last year they did a Gold Arcane special on the 23rd of December i think or 24th and that is where i got mine but i think they will do something at that time this year. The Red Artifice giveaway ended Sunday at midnight and then one day later they have done a gold arcane thing that ends on Thursday. So if they leave 1 more day between that a new giveaway will start Christmas Eve. It may not be a BG1E giveaway because they are running low on them but i think it will for sure be something like maybe 25% off everything or Free Shipping over X ammount.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:55:45 PM by Aaron »

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 12:07:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I could easily agree that E will run some other kind of special between now and the end of the holiday season - and possibly yet another next week or the week after to catch after-Christmas shoppers as well as clear out some merchandise and make room for new goodies.  But just looking at the numbers makes me inclined to think that BG1E won't be a special.  Based on the numbers given mid-year and since, here's my estimates on their rare giveaway decks:

BG1E: in the ballpark of 700, plus or minus a few dozen.
Gold Arcane: perhaps 2,500, maybe a little less.
Red Artifice: less than 1,700.  (3,000 were sold in the first day, the only time one of these baddies was purchasable so far.)
LTD: unknown.  Maybe over 4,000, plus or minus a few hundred.  Largely depends on how many large-enough orders have been placed so far this season.

My guess - totally a guess - is that they're going to stretch out the supply of BG1E by only using them in the $350 and $475 prize brackets.  Let's face it - it draws big purchases.  They have other decks to draw the smaller ones, and the LTD will be the new go-to deck for contest prizes but E's been swearing up and down it won't return as a purchase premium.  So you'll see the odd "sale" of Red Arts and Gold Arcs as you have in the past two weeks over the course of the coming year, but the BG1E will be reserved for the whales.

It makes sense to me, even though I know everyone here wishes it was the easiest thing in the world to get.  Does anyone else have a logical theory (and not a wish fulfillment theory)?

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I could easily agree that E will run some other kind of special between now and the end of the holiday season - and possibly yet another next week or the week after to catch after-Christmas shoppers as well as clear out some merchandise and make room for new goodies.  But just looking at the numbers makes me inclined to think that BG1E won't be a special.  Based on the numbers given mid-year and since, here's my estimates on their rare giveaway decks:

BG1E: in the ballpark of 700, plus or minus a few dozen.
Gold Arcane: perhaps 2,500, maybe a little less.
Red Artifice: less than 1,700.  (3,000 were sold in the first day, the only time one of these baddies was purchasable so far.)
LTD: unknown.  Maybe over 4,000, plus or minus a few hundred.  Largely depends on how many large-enough orders have been placed so far this season.

My guess - totally a guess - is that they're going to stretch out the supply of BG1E by only using them in the $350 and $475 prize brackets.  Let's face it - it draws big purchases.  They have other decks to draw the smaller ones, and the LTD will be the new go-to deck for contest prizes but E's been swearing up and down it won't return as a purchase premium.  So you'll see the odd "sale" of Red Arts and Gold Arcs as you have in the past two weeks over the course of the coming year, but the BG1E will be reserved for the whales.

It makes sense to me, even though I know everyone here wishes it was the easiest thing in the world to get.  Does anyone else have a logical theory (and not a wish fulfillment theory)?
After reading that I am acctually understanding why you think that they wont give them away. They make more money off them being in the $350 and $475 prize brackets. If someone is at a order of $400 they will probably add $75 to get up there. And i agree that there probably will be something after christmas. But I still have this tiny huntch that there could be something involving the BG1E maybe even a 6-hour sale. but i guess all we can do is wait and see.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I saw somewhere in E facebook that there will be no more deck promotion this year.
So, no BG v1 this year. And I highly doubt that it would be next year.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 01:20:41 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I saw somewhere in E facebook that there will be no more deck promotion this year.
Do you have a link to where this was said?

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 01:24:58 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Do you have a link to where this was said?

It is just a comment of someone's posts on E wall.
You gotta search for it.
The link would just be the link to E facebook wall.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 02:03:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Found it, buried in the comments on someone's post - it's straight from Jake (Xntrix) at E:

Tj Halford dang. So I placed my order yesterday for about $120. and today I get an email that All orders over $75 get a free GOLD ARCANE for the next 48 hours
 Like · Comment · 13 hours ago ·
    • Tj Halford well thats my luck.  maybe next time13 hours ago · 1
    • Tj Halford Thanks for continuing to make ONLY top quality material and striving for excellence.  Happy Holidays E.13 hours ago · 1
    • Josh Kuperstein Hey TJ, I'm sure they might be able to help you out and send you one if you ordered yesterday. Send em an email, you never know what might happen!13 hours ago
    • Tj Halford eh, if they do they do. I dont want to ask them to bend or break the rules for me13 hours ago
    • Jade Redmond Gotta love those deal that "are never to happen again" that seem to happen again.12 hours ago · 1
    • Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief Jade - those deals that 'don't happen again' are specific to each deck. This is the last Deck promotion we are having this year. -Jake11 hours ago
    • Jade Redmond Ah ok, so it is on a yearly basis.  And if this is the last deck promotion of the year,  That makes me feel more comfortable to make a promotion based purchase, without worry of a double-up deal coming out the very next day.  Of course, that still leaves 1 January for another deal to happen, lol.  It would be just my luck!11 hours ago
    • Nate McKenna cancel the order and place another one! I did lol9 hours ago
    • Connor Rucker What did u get??7 hours ago
    • Tj Halford it already shipped7 hours ago
    • Tj Halford I got metal 2&3, winco forks, was going to get the liquid metal 2 Dvd, but it was sold out. I wanted the Dvd instead of the download, so I picked it up else where.3 hours ago

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:35 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Found it, buried in the comments on someone's post - it's straight from Jake (Xntrix) at E:

Tj Halford dang. So I placed my order yesterday for about $120. and today I get an email that All orders over $75 get a free GOLD ARCANE for the next 48 hours
 Like · Comment · 13 hours ago ·
    • Tj Halford well thats my luck.  maybe next time13 hours ago · 1
    • Tj Halford Thanks for continuing to make ONLY top quality material and striving for excellence.  Happy Holidays E.13 hours ago · 1
    • Josh Kuperstein Hey TJ, I'm sure they might be able to help you out and send you one if you ordered yesterday. Send em an email, you never know what might happen!13 hours ago
    • Tj Halford eh, if they do they do. I dont want to ask them to bend or break the rules for me13 hours ago
    • Jade Redmond Gotta love those deal that "are never to happen again" that seem to happen again.12 hours ago · 1
    • Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief Jade - those deals that 'don't happen again' are specific to each deck. This is the last Deck promotion we are having this year. -Jake11 hours ago
    • Jade Redmond Ah ok, so it is on a yearly basis.  And if this is the last deck promotion of the year,  That makes me feel more comfortable to make a promotion based purchase, without worry of a double-up deal coming out the very next day.  Of course, that still leaves 1 January for another deal to happen, lol.  It would be just my luck!11 hours ago
    • Nate McKenna cancel the order and place another one! I did lol9 hours ago
    • Connor Rucker What did u get??7 hours ago
    • Tj Halford it already shipped7 hours ago
    • Tj Halford I got metal 2&3, winco forks, was going to get the liquid metal 2 Dvd, but it was sold out. I wanted the Dvd instead of the download, so I picked it up else where.3 hours ago
Ok but notice how he said "Deck Promotion" There will be something else like x% off or free shipping or maybe 2 wristbands in the package. But now i think i am going to take advantage of this deal and get me a new gold arcane!

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 02:21:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Ok but notice how he said "Deck Promotion" There will be something else like x% off or free shipping or maybe 2 wristbands in the package. But now i think i am going to take advantage of this deal and get me a new gold arcane!

I know that - I was responding to the query about where Phantom found the info about no more DECK PROMOTIONS being offered this year.  No one said anything about other promos.

Extra bands is a possibility I hadn't considered - and a strong one, as well, especially after Christmas if there's unclaimed prizes left.

Jump on the Gold Arcane while there's still time.  But remember - if cash is tight, they've run that promo before, and didn't need a holiday as an excuse to do it.  It's likely to occur again.

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
E said that they won't do the GA at $75 again.

But, I think there will be on the RA.

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 02:35:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
E said that they won't do the GA at $75 again.

But, I think there will be on the RA.

That doesn't make any sense - they have roughly twice as many Gold Arcs as they do Red Arts because of the 3K sale this year.  The trade value of them individually is roughly the same on Ebay, or at least in the same ballpark.

But then again, it wouldn't be the first time in the world that someone did something that didn't make sense!

What's your source in that info?

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 02:38:57 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think they ment they wont be available at this level again as in like the coming mounths not ever.

Report/Mark as Spam  Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief Limited time only. The Gold Arcanes are now available to anyone who places a shippable order over $75. Let's these babies snuggle up next to your LTD and Red Artifice decks now, because this offer vanishes in 48 hours. Once you get them, take a picture of all your rare decks and show them off.

But remember, after 48 hours, these decks won't be available at this level again.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 02:40:42 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I know that - I was responding to the query about where Phantom found the info about no more DECK PROMOTIONS being offered this year.  No one said anything about other promos.

Extra bands is a possibility I hadn't considered - and a strong one, as well, especially after Christmas if there's unclaimed prizes left.

Jump on the Gold Arcane while there's still time.  But remember - if cash is tight, they've run that promo before, and didn't need a holiday as an excuse to do it.  It's likely to occur again.
I think the extra bands is very likely and I am going to get the order and just resell the Gold Arcane and have a pretty much free order ;)

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 02:43:47 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think it's hard to resell the GA, and the RA these time.
Too much supply of them.

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:36 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Too much supply of them.
Yes but if i put it at a good price ike $75-$80 bucks people will buy instead of buying one for $100

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 02:49:24 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That's what I call business ;)

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That's what I call business ;)
TeeHee pretty Sneaky Eh 8) 8)

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:55 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Too much supply of them.
Yes but if i put it at a good price ike $75-$80 bucks people will buy instead of buying one for $100

Right now, GA are only about $60-$75 in ebay (bidding)
So, $50-55 would be a price that you can sell fast.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:51 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Too much supply of them.

Yes but those still have a day left so they will probably go for about $75-$90 and it is right before christmas so they are lower in price i think i will wait to sell until the new year when people make their money spent at christmas back ;)

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Too much supply of them.

Yes but those still have a day left so they will probably go for about $75-$90 and it is right before christmas so they are lower in price i think i will wait to sell until the new year when people make their money spent at christmas back ;)

I think waiting is the best choice for us.
Because they won't do the $75 on GA again.
I'm currently have 2 GA that I wanna sell too.
But this isn't the right time.

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 03:11:47 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Why does everyone have prettier toys? I don't like being new :-\ haha

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Too much supply of them.

I think waiting is the best choice for us.
Because they won't do the $75 on GA again.
I'm currently have 2 GA that I wanna sell too.
But this isn't the right time.
I agree, People spend alot of money on Presents, Trips, Etc. this time of year and dont have as much money to spend on Luxury Cards :D

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 03:30:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I think they ment they wont be available at this level again as in like the coming mounths not ever.

Report/Mark as Spam  Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief Limited time only. The Gold Arcanes are now available to anyone who places a shippable order over $75. Let's these babies snuggle up next to your LTD and Red Artifice decks now, because this offer vanishes in 48 hours. Once you get them, take a picture of all your rare decks and show them off.

I have a feeling he wasn't speaking in terms of "forever" but in terms of "for this holiday season." Perhaps even "for just this offer period." But I've been known to be wrong before, so maybe I'll look a little deeper into this.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:45:06 AM by Good@Sabacc »

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 03:37:41 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I have a feeling he wasn't speaking in terms of "forever" but in terms of "for this holiday season."  But I've been known to be wrong before, so maybe I'll look a little deeper into this.
I posted a comment and i will see if i get a response

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
hey guys im at the checkout do you reckon its worth it to get this and the LTD deck?

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
hey guys im at the checkout do you reckon its worth it to get this and the LTD deck?

Depends on what you are buying.

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
here is my order. My mom paid half so i only had to pay like 45 bucks and do some work for her. So as long as i sell the gold arcane for more that $45 im going to make a profit and im not going to sell it for $45 ;) :D :D

Item DescriptionPriceQtySubtotal
Login required Update Shopping Cart
Arcane Playing Cards White Arcane Playing Cards White  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $6.99 Remove $6.29
3-Deck Sample Pack 3-Deck Sample Pack   choose three 1 x Infinity Playing Cards $7.99
1 x Artifice Second Edition : Blue $6.99
1 x Bicycle Shadow Masters $6.99  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%.
$21.97 Remove $21.97
Artifice Second Edition : Emerald Artifice Second Edition : Emerald  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $6.99 Remove $6.29
Bicycle Masters Edition Playing Cards - Red Bicycle Masters Edition Playing Cards - Red  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $3.99 Remove $3.59
Black Tiger Gaff Deck Black Tiger Gaff Deck  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%.  You save 25% on your Black Tiger Gaff Deck. $29.95 Remove $20.21
Bicycle Black Tiger Deck - White Bicycle Black Tiger Deck - White  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $6.99 Remove $12.58
Bicycle Black Tiger Deck - Red Bicycle Black Tiger Deck - Red  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $6.99 Remove $6.29
Gold Arcane Deck: Precious Metal Series Gold Arcane Deck: Precious Metal Series  Enjoy you free Gold Arcane Deck.  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $0.00   $0.00
Holiday Wristband Holiday Wristband  Here is your exclusive wristband and your automatic entry for the 2011 Holiday Giveaway. See details here Good luck  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $0.00   $0.00
Bicycle Masters Edition Playing Cards - Blue Bicycle Masters Edition Playing Cards - Blue  Free gift with sample pack (1 free deck per order)  Thank you for coming back. Here is your automatic savings of 10%. $0.00   $0.00
    Pick up some cards    Discount Codes Enter your promo code here. Apply Coupon Cancel Coupon     
Grand Total $75.02
Subtotal $90.86
Discount -$15.84

• Select your free gifts and Checkout
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:39:58 PM by Aaron »

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
If you guys wait a few weeks and come up with a good price, I might be interesting in buying a gold arcane from one of you ::) I passed on the offer cause I've already spent everything on my LTD and red artifice, but I'm paying back my credit pretty fast. Nice order by the way.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:47:01 PM by Moon.exe »

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 01:53:05 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
If you guys wait a few weeks and come up with a good price, I might be interesting in buying a gold arcane from one of you ::) I passed on the offer cause I've already spent everything on my LTD and red artifice, but I'm paying back my credit pretty fast. Nice order by the way.
Ok ya i would definatly sell to you but im not going to recieve my order until probably the first or second week of January.

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 01:58:35 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That's fine for me, I'm not really in a hurry :)
I should think of getting myself a suitcase or something now, at this rate the value is rising fast...

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That's fine for me, I'm not really in a hurry :)
I should think of getting myself a suitcase or something now, at this rate the value is rising fast...

Gimme a shout.  I already have a lot of Gold Arcanes.