You are Here:
Hello from Denver! (and the other PCF)

Author (Read 873 times)

Hello from Denver! (and the other PCF)
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »

justsomedude

• Newcomer
Hi everyone! I'm more of a chip nerd, but stumbled upon this forum after a few years in the poker chip collecting community. I'm also a frequent poster over on the other PCF (pokerchipforum.com), and wanted to join up here to help Jason (with Desjgn) promote his newest deck offering in the Plethora thread.

Here's hoping to rubbing elbows with you all soon!

;)

Re: Hello from Denver! (and the other PCF)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »

Great Lakes Playing Card Co.

• True Member
  • Open to learning and growing
Welcome.  Fairly new myself as well.  What's the "coolest" poker chip you have in your collection?  Do you specialize in a certain type etc?

Just getting started in collecting playing cards.  Any help is appreciated.  TY.

Re: Hello from Denver! (and the other PCF)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 05:22:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey - welcome.  I've seen some Desjgn decks made available on Kickstarter - they were good, solid designs but the price points were just too high for many people and there's more people into collecting paper decks (I seem to recall that his were plastic).  That's the tough part about selling plastic decks to collectors - they're always going to be at a price disadvantage, even when compared to some high-end paper decks.  The fact that a plastic deck will outlast a paper one by a huge margin unfortunately isn't enough of a difference to make the price point a non-issue.

If you have any questions about the forum or cards in general, don't be afraid to ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/