You are Here:
1900 ±10 Pinochle "Squeezers" deck in mønt sealed condition

Author (Read 845 times)

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Here's another eBay deal - paid $10 for it. Poor little thing was obviously unwanted...

Another one that I don't find in Hochman's encyclopedia, Tom. Any clues, or am I just overlooking it again?

As usual, I found it - in the footnotes for NY50, Hart's Squeezers. I guess 1890-1900? One of those decks that was printed so many times it is listed as an "also ran". Since I can't see the AoS it's hard to find.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:44:42 AM by Mike Ratledge »
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

Re: 1900 ±10 Pinochle "Squeezers" deck in mønt sealed condition
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Here's another eBay deal - paid $10 for it. Poor little thing was obviously unwanted...

Another one that I don't find in Hochman's encyclopedia, Tom. Any clues, or am I just overlooking it again?

As usual, I found it - in the footnotes for NY50, Hart's Squeezers. I guess 1890-1900? One of those decks that was printed so many times it is listed as an "also ran". Since I can't see the AoS it's hard to find.
Poor little thing is from 1940 to 1965 based on the tax stamp [ one pack ] - I was interested to see the CDC cancellation as I didn't know they used the Consolidated Dougherty name that late.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Poor little thing is from 1940 to 1965 based on the tax stamp [ one pack ] - I was interested to see the CDC cancellation as I didn't know they used the Consolidated Dougherty name that late.
Yes, that would be true, of course.  I hadn't even thought about the tax stamp.  Nails it down to the date range, and the 'CDC' cancellation is unusual to see that late in time, I agree.
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

A quote from this page: http://www.wopc.co.uk/usa/squeezers/squeezers-35.html

In 1930 the New York Consolidated Card Co. and the Andrew Dougherty Co. merged into Consolidated-Dougherty Card Co. Inc., with headquarters in New York. This company was dissolved in 1962 and was absorbed as a division of the United States Playing Card Co. of Cincinnati. The original Squeezer and Trip back design continued to be issued from time to time until at least 1977 (100th anniversary) with various Aces of Spades and Joker designs.

That would put the deck at between 1940 and 1962.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
This is all good stuff - I learn everyday!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club