You are Here:
I've got a problem! Help me please

Author (Read 2997 times)

I've got a problem! Help me please
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »

lyrad94

• Lurker
Hi, i'm a Singaporean that loves Bicycle cards and i am collecting them right now. I ordered 181.22 dollars worth of cards from Merz67 on 10th January. I paid a total of 363.31 for shipping as well which is the Fedex International Economy rate which should give me my shipment within a week. I asked Mr Bill Merz for the tracking number or reference number of the shipment through email and he refused to reply me. I wrote in to customer service of Bicycle to help me get a reply and awhile later he "shipped" my goods and replied my email. I then sent him an email asking for a tracking number and reference number to be able to track my shipment and waited for a good few days. He refused to reply again. I sent another email to customer service of Bicycle asking for their assistance and Miss Patricia helped me again so graciously. He replied in awhile again but he simply stated "Once again, I am asking you to leave the people alone from the US Playing Card Company.  We shipped  your cards and you have the tracking information." This statement is extremely frustrating as i have told him time and time again he did not give me any tracking number or reference number and he claimed i have it. I begin to doubt whether he have shipped the package at all and i have emailed him a few times asking for it but he refuses to reply again. I am only a student and 363.31 is practically all i have as im working and schooling at the same time. I really need help with this please thank you so very much!

Re: I've got a problem! Help me please
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Did you order them from his ebay shop? If so, open a ticket with ebay.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Sometimes a site will have the company shipping send the details. Also I would look in your spam folder to make sure it wasn't pulled.

Here is the contact info from his site Contact Us
By Email: Merz67@msn.com
By Phone: 513-761-3200
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00am till 4:00pm Eastern Standard

4 Kovach Dr.
Suite 450
Cincinnati OH. 45215
USA
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »

lyrad94

• Lurker
Did you order them from his ebay shop? If so, open a ticket with ebay.

I ordered them from his website!  T.T

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »

lyrad94

• Lurker
Sometimes a site will have the company shipping send the details. Also I would look in your spam folder to make sure it wasn't pulled.

Here is the contact info from his site Contact Us
By Email: Merz67@msn.com
By Phone: 513-761-3200
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00am till 4:00pm Eastern Standard

4 Kovach Dr.
Suite 450
Cincinnati OH. 45215
USA

Thank you! But I mailed him like at least 20 times... I'm still contemplating if I should call the credit card compamy to investigate as I really really love the Bicycle cards on his site.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »

moon.exe

• mmm... birds
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »

lyrad94

• Lurker

from Merz67
to customer service of Bicycle

Like cause they listed him as "Other Amazing Vendors" and he wouldn't reply my mails so I thought they would be able to help me. But even after they told him to reply he still didn't give me my tracking information... He just shrugged me off!

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 05:30:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Like cause they listed him as "Other Amazing Vendors" and he wouldn't reply my mails so I thought they would be able to help me. But even after they told him to reply he still didn't give me my tracking information... He just shrugged me off!

If you go to bicyclecards.com, he is indeed listed as a recommended company.

If you're having trouble and he won't reply, open a case with your credit card company.  That should light a fire under his butt.  But on the flip side of that coin, try not to become a pest by contacting him too frequently.

As a final note of caution: if, as you are a working student, $363.31 is practically all the money that you have, playing cards might not be the wisest thing to spend that money on, at least not in such large dollar amounts and from the other side of the world.  Never spend money that you can't afford to part with.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 05:48:07 AM »

lyrad94

• Lurker

If you go to bicyclecards.com, he is indeed listed as a recommended company.

If you're having trouble and he won't reply, open a case with your credit card company.  That should light a fire under his butt.  But on the flip side of that coin, try not to become a pest by contacting him too frequently.

As a final note of caution: if, as you are a working student, $363.31 is practically all the money that you have, playing cards might not be the wisest thing to spend that money on, at least not in such large dollar amounts and from the other side of the world.  Never spend money that you can't afford to part with.

Thank you so much! It's cause ar first I didn't have a hobby or anything but my friend introduced me to card tricks and I fell in love with the cards. And I really like things that are tie dyed so the deck attracted me instantly, and I felt like it wasn't worth it buying 2 decks with shipping exceeding so I felt that to make my shipping worth it I might as well get anything that interested me all at once. But thank you so much for the advice!

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Thank you so much! It's cause ar first I didn't have a hobby or anything but my friend introduced me to card tricks and I fell in love with the cards. And I really like things that are tie dyed so the deck attracted me instantly, and I felt like it wasn't worth it buying 2 decks with shipping exceeding so I felt that to make my shipping worth it I might as well get anything that interested me all at once. But thank you so much for the advice!

There are shops in Singapore that sell decks, are there not?  I'd be shocked if there weren't.  Magic Castle Singapore comes to mind, and I believe there are others.  I once placed an order with them for a deck I couldn't find elsewhere and found their prices to be reasonable, considering that the decks were imported goods in the first place and were being re-imported back to the country of origin.

Never let any hobby so completely dominate your life as to consume all of your resources.  I was once heading down that road, but my wife and best friend (same person) helped me take a more reasonable path.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:20:33 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:41:48 AM »

lyrad94

• Lurker

There are shops in Singapore that sell decks, are there not?  I'd be shocked if there weren't.  Magic Castle Singapore comes to mind, and I believe there are others.  I once placed an order with them for a deck I couldn't find elsewhere and found their prices to be reasonable, considering that the decks were imported goods in the first place and were being re-imported back to the country of origin.

Never let any hobby so completely dominate your life as to consume all of your resources.  I was once heading down that road, but my wife and best friend (same person) helped me take a more reasonable path.

Thank you so much! I finally received the decks that i ordered! And that second part is really true! I'll bear that in mind! Maybe limit myself to the time spent on deck hunting or anything! Thank you once again!