You are Here:
1881 Sportsman's #202

Author (Read 5291 times)

Re: 1881 Sportsman's #202
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 06:44:52 PM »

Cryptocard27

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I compared your Sportsman's deck with mine and I noticed that the index are not identical : the indexes of your deck are the same that your Army #303, Navy #303 decks and are smaller than mine. I also found another difference (noted in purple on the photo)
Does it mean that your Sportsman's deck is more older, more recent or anything else please Tom ?
Yes, mine is a bit older. Russell, Morgan & Co. was used for the earliest decks - then they changed to Russell & Morgan Co after a couple of years - likely 1883. The earliest decks had the smallest indices and they were not as elongated.
I like the way you were able to enlarge the differences - COOL!

Many thanks for the answer Tom. Would you have possibly a pix or scan of a Sportsman's #202 with the special and extremely rare joker please ? I would like very much seeing a copy.
Here it is - best copy I have.

Would you have the scan of the back please Tom ?
On the pix below, do you recognize the Chinese red back to the left ? Do you know if it was only used with the rare joker?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:47:22 PM by Cryptocard27 »

Re: 1881 Sportsman's #202
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
I don't have the deck and don't know which back it has. The back on the left I have seen only in sample books.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club