You are Here:
Where to get vintage decks

Author (Read 1077 times)

Where to get vintage decks
« on: April 11, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »

aaisdaman

• Newcomer
Does anyone know where vintage decks are sold other than ebay?
Trying to expand my collection!!!

Re: Where to get vintage decks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »

wongster88

• Newcomer

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
A good way is to browse through forums and check if there are any sales going on through the forums. Often people want to make some quick cash or dwindle down their collection, so they often sell their cards at pretty good prices. Just gotta keep your eyes open and hope to be lucky. Good luck man. What decks you looking for?

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
I'm not sure where you're located.. but here are some other good ways to find decks...

- antique stores
- estate auctions
- flea markets

I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:56:34 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
There are also two card collecting clubs in the US.  They are an excellent source of knowledge (and card decks).  52+Joker is now running their annual auction for some fantastic(!!) older and antique decks.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
jriffel... Shhhhhh... There are only so many to go around... Let's not let all the secrets out of the bag just yet...

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
jriffel... Shhhhhh... There are only so many to go around... Let's not let all the secrets out of the bag just yet...
Ahh, but jmrock is quite correct.  The older cards are quite more rare than what you will find on ebay.  Most of the vintage decks are not available to the public.  So you have to dig and be be patient, and strike when every opportunity presents itself.  This is an expensive hobby/compulsion.  But getting those special old decks has no equal.
One idea is to cozy up with some (much) older collectors and get them to put you in their will.  That way the lovely widow won't  be troubled trying to find a way to respectfully dispose of the collection.  It's a win-win situation.  Really!     I'm still trying to find that kindly old collector that will put me in his/her will.  LOL