You are Here:
rewrap playing cards

Author (Read 6502 times)

rewrap playing cards
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »

anep21

• Elite Member
does any of you know how to wrap playing cards?or does any shop can wrap it? one of my wynn have a little tear on the cellophane

thanks

Re: rewrap playing cards
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think there is none. There shouldn't be, so that's why sealed decks can be really worth.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yes you can get a resealer for about 30 bucks or so. Here's a link to a website that sells one. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13576

And then refills are pretty cheap http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13577

Hope that helps!!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
try wonder sealer you can by it in amazon.com or other places in the web .

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
A resealer is good, but you should open and use the Wynn deck instead of rewrapping it :P :P

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »

anep21

• Elite Member
thanks guys for the info

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wonder Sealer is definitely your best choice  :)

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
You can find a wonder sealer, 20 refills, and 20 deck seals or a color of your choice for about 65$ total on penguin magic. It's a really good deal, great for many magic tricks!

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
No! Don't unwrap your Brown Wynn and reseal it, thus killing its value. Any savvy collector can tell apart the cellophane from the Wynn decks from the resealer cello.

If you have just a small tear, here is what you should be doing:

Get a box cutter/razor/exacto-knife and some double stick tape. Cut a piece of the tape with the knife in the shape of the tear and in a slightly smaller size. Place the sliver of tape on the knife and slip it under the tear. Press & done. If the tear requires the tape to be put on the box itself, just pat down one side of the tape (the side that goes on the box) with your finger until the sticky residue starts coming off. The oil on your finger allows for the tape to not properly bond with the paper, thus not damaging it when you take the cello off.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:46 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
No! Don't unwrap your Brown Wynn and reseal it, thus killing its value. Any savvy collector can tell apart the cellophane from the Wynn decks from the resealer cello.

Get a box cutter/razor/exacto-knife and some double stick tape. Cut a piece of the tape with the knife in the shape of the tear and in a slightly smaller size. Place the sliver of tape on the knife and slip it under the tear. Press & done. If the tear requires the tape to be put on the box itself, just pat down one side of the tape (the side that goes on the box) with your finger until the sticky residue starts coming off. The oil on your finger allows for the tape to not properly bond with the paper, thus not damaging it when you take the cello off.
I didn't get that whole stick tape part... but anyways, hamburgers have feelings too! Also, is the cellophane on the resealed deck more loose than on a new deck?

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I didn't get that whole stick tape part... but anyways, hamburgers have feelings too! Also, is the cellophane on the resealed deck more loose than on a new deck?

From what I hear this is pretty common. The cellophane on the Brown Wynns, Absolut decks, and a few other can often have loose cellophane which is prone to rips. Yes it is more loose than a new wrap job
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

From what I hear this is pretty common. The cellophane on the Brown Wynns, Absolut decks, and a few other can often have loose cellophane which is prone to rips. Yes it is more loose than a new wrap job
Ok. And on a normal bike, would the cellophane be on more tightly than a re-sealed one?

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You can replicate loose/tight cello with the resealer.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Wow. You're great at selling products Alex! I don't see why anep 21 shouldn't reseal the deck on top of the cellophane!

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
There really is a way?
Please don't use that. The value of the decks shouldn't be stimulated.
Don't buy the thing unless you are using it for magic tricks.

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
There really is a way?
I agree with that, but if your deck truly is untouched and the cellophane is slightly damaged, you should be able to rewrap it on top and tell you buyers about this. Also, it can keep your decks in great condition!

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
There really is a way?
I agree with that, but if your deck truly is untouched and the cellophane is slightly damaged, you should be able to rewrap it on top and tell you buyers about this. Also, it can keep your decks in great condition!

I don't think it works that way, Nathan.  The resealer is seriously more for magicians who want to rig a deck before a performance and leave his audience none the wiser.  If he doesn't feel like doing the tape thing or if he simply wants to protect his deck, he should place it in an appropriately sized plastic box and leave it there for protection from further damage.  Double-cellophaning his deck just doesn't sound right - it would make a collector pretty suspicious.  I know it would make ME suspicious.

Alex uses it to protect his vintage decks, but we're talking about decks that in many cases weren't cello-sealed in the first place, or that are visibly vintage and have see age and wear.  He doesn't attempt to pass off a worn deck as sealed.

Personally, I like the suggestion from Digipunk!  Just open it and use it!  But I'm a playa like dat...  :))  Every day I'm shufflin'...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:30:10 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 06:07:07 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Actually I use ziplock bags to protect my decks if I think they are collectibles, especially those with torn cellophane (or without cellophane). A resealed vintage deck is very strange to me and I can not touch and feel it when I want.

If I have a Wynn deck that has a little tear on the cellophane, I won't process it. I am not sure if the Wynn decks are collectibles because they are always available on eBay or from other collectors. (well, I have more than 60 decks in total. Hope this may help anep21 understand Wynn is not that rare and valuable)

If I get a vintage deck w/ a little tear on the cello : protect it with a ziplock bag or open it (if I have more than one).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:07:29 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
How noticeable is the difference between original cello, and the resealer?
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
How noticeable is the difference between original cello, and the resealer?
Alex said it is as good as factory one, sometimes even better. He will post a video tutorial of how to rewrap a deck with the resealer.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
Be very careful when you reseal a deck.  If you seal it too tightly you run the risk of warping the contents from temperature or humidity changes (or time).  It is not illegal or immoral to reseal a deck of cards.  It is considered a fraud to mis-represent the real status of a deck for sale.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
@jriffel, if it's a new and inexpensive deck, I think there's no reason it can not be resealed. Maybe the buyer would be grateful for seller's doing this for him :P :P 

For vintage decks, even torn cellophane is still a part of it. I don't believe vintage collectors will take the original cellophane off and rewrap the deck. It is unwise because any experienced collector may judge whether it is rewrapped or not.

If someone uses the resealer to rewrap a vintage deck, his main purpose must be protecting the deck instead of cheating others.

_
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:03:23 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Oh thank you :) look forward to the video.

I would imagine you would have to be pretty clued up to be able to tell the difference.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:04:29 PM by hazofhorsham »
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Oh thank you :) look forward to the video.
Ask Alexander ::)