You are Here:
Can you embed a youtube video?

Author (Read 38 times)

Can you embed a youtube video?
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »

EndersGame

• Elite Member
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
Is there any code that can be used on PlayingCardForum posts to embed a youtube video?

Many other forums have this feature, even the Magic Cafe.  To see what I mean, see for example this post here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?forum=218&topic=643989#2

BoardGameGeek reviewer

====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of decks of playing cards <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of card & board games <====

Want me to write a review of your playing cards?  Please contact me via Private Message.

Re: Can you embed a youtube video?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:02:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• Vice President/Director of Club Forum, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
For the time being, while it is technically possible to have them, we've held off on video embeds.  I think it might be a bandwidth issue; I'm not certain.  I'll revisit the issue with Lee Asher when I see him at the convention in October.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Services for Hire

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:32:59 AM »

EndersGame

• Elite Member
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
For the time being, while it is technically possible to have them, we've held off on video embeds.  I think it might be a bandwidth issue; I'm not certain.  I'll revisit the issue with Lee Asher when I see him at the convention in October.
Thanks Don.

It can't be for bandwidth reasons.  When you embed a YouTube video, it streams directly from YouTube's servers - so PlayingCardForum's server isn't used for the data at all.

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/55984/does-youtube-videos-embedded-on-my-website-consume-my-bandwidth

BoardGameGeek reviewer

====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of decks of playing cards <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of card & board games <====

Want me to write a review of your playing cards?  Please contact me via Private Message.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:05:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Vice President/Director of Club Forum, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks Don.

It can't be for bandwidth reasons.  When you embed a YouTube video, it streams directly from YouTube's servers - so PlayingCardForum's server isn't used for the data at all.

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/55984/does-youtube-videos-embedded-on-my-website-consume-my-bandwidth

I recall there was some kind of reason, but that reason might no longer apply - which is why I'll bring it up to Lee.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Services for Hire

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain