You are Here:
New to the forum

Author (Read 645 times)

New to the forum
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »

jul320

• Newcomer
  • Card collector based in Australia
Hey, just wanted to quickly introduce myself, I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, and have only been collecting for only roughly a year despite admiring playing cards and the artistic style and functionality for many years. There was even a time I remember where during the entirety of high school, I always had a pack of cards in my blazer front pocket. Also, I would like to add that I hate shipping prices with a passion, and with a bulk of producers or sellers situated in the U.S. it can be a pain.

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:40:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, just wanted to quickly introduce myself, I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, and have only been collecting for only roughly a year despite admiring playing cards and the artistic style and functionality for many years. There was even a time I remember where during the entirety of high school, I always had a pack of cards in my blazer front pocket. Also, I would like to add that I hate shipping prices with a passion, and with a bulk of producers or sellers situated in the U.S. it can be a pain.

I know what you mean, we have a few Aussies here that share your pain!  The best answer I could give you would be "start making decks!"  I'm told you've only got one maker in the country and that it's terrible in comparison.  Imagine the killing you could make if you started besting their work...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/