Greetings from the Great Lakes....

Author (Read 1768 times)

Greetings from the Great Lakes....
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

Great Lakes Playing Card Co.

• True Member
  • Open to learning and growing
HI,

I'm brand-new to this forum and wanted to say HI.  I have cards in my hands and been trying to do card tricks since my age was in the single "pips."  I've always been a fan of the good ol' "Bicycle Reds."  I have a small collecting of "older" (40s/50s) decks that I got from a magic dealer years ago.  Other than that, I'm entering the hobby and trying to find my way.  I'm open to learning and growing in my understanding of the hobby and playing cards in general.    Excited to get involved.

TY.
Just getting started in collecting playing cards.  Any help is appreciated.  TY.

Re: Greetings from the Great Lakes....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »

Eddie Hughlett

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Welcome Ty.

Whatever questions you might have you'll likely find the answers here. You will not want to miss the annual convention in October. This year it's in Erlanger and we get to tour the USPCC factory. Very special. Last years convention was my first and I was treated like an old friend by all. You will see more cards than you can take in. One word of advice. Start saving now......

-eh
"...almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."

- S.W. Erdnase

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 01:38:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey, Ty,

We're glad to have you here!  If you have any questions about the place, don't be afraid to ask.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:30:39 AM »

• True Member
Thanks for the welcome Don.  I'm more confused and overwhelmed than anything.  Looking forward to learning and growing in the hobby.
Just getting started in collecting playing cards.  Any help is appreciated.  TY.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Hey TY,

Welcome to the forum! What part of Michigan do you live in? I grew up in a small, country town (between Flint and Lapeer) and graduated from Central Michigan Univ. in Mt. Pleasant. My family and I live in Indianapolis now, but we drive up to Michigan every three months or so.

Thanks, Randy

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

• True Member
HI Randy,

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm in the Detroit area.  I went to Central as well for a bit.  Go Fire Up Chips!  We should eat an insane size meal together at Tony's one day!  Excited to be a part of the forum and get more involved.