You are Here:
Bicycle Club 808

Author (Read 1548 times)

Bicycle Club 808
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:16:34 PM »

alecywu

• Lurker
Does anyone know if the membership expires? If I spend $100 to achieve gold member, will I be reset to bronze after a certain amount of time?

Re: Bicycle Club 808
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Does anyone know if the membership expires? If I spend $100 to achieve gold member, will I be reset to bronze after a certain amount of time?

When the club was first founded, you used to have to pay to be a member - $19.80 per year, if I recall.  There was a point to it - membership meant you could buy decks meant for members only.  Nowadays, they give away memberships for free and they have tiers based on how much you spend.  Anyone can buy their Club 808 decks, there's no more exclusivity, so collectors essentially stopped caring for the most part, except for those rare, few remaining Bicycle brand loyalists who specialize in collecting all the Bicycle-branded decks.

Here's what the website has to say about the free Gold Member decks that come out every year:

One Bicycle “Club Gold” will be produced every year as a co-development activity with Gold and Platinum members. To qualify for a free deck, gold/platinum members must participate in the co-development activity specified by the program.

This would seem to indicate that your membership is dependent on ANNUAL "co-development activity," meaning that you have to purchase at that level every year to remain a member at that level.  But I wouldn't treat that as written in stone - not only could I be mistaken, but even if I am correct, they could change that policy tomorrow and replace it with something new, just like how there used to only be one tier, "member," and you had to pay an annual fee to get it.

Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/