« on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:02 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
They are on their way...

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: New Decks - The Crown Decks V2s
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 12:41:04 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yes! Are there any major differences in the v2?
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:23:32 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
Will they be limited again? I want to get some! Didn't manage to get any of the 1st edition cause they were too expensive.
Check out my channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanDebozioSong?feature=mhee

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 02:26:13 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
As I have stated before...

Thank you BC, I have wanted to buy a 'regular' deck for a while.

:D
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 05:20:34 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Will they be limited again? I want to get some! Didn't manage to get any of the 1st edition cause they were too expensive.

Not limited. :)

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:22 AM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

As far as I'm aware, these are going to be some of the regular decks that they will always have in stock.
As it stands today, The Blue Crown does not have a core of decks to sell on a day to day basis.  This is them correcting that issue

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:23:46 AM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I know the different of red/blue crown v1/2
But what about the green one?

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys. We announced the 2nd edition Crowns on our Facebook page last night. I've copied the text below, but make sure you visit our Facebook page to participate!

Hey everyone!

Tonight the wheels begin turning on a momentous event - The Blue Crown's first-ever holiday contest! This is our first holiday season with everyone, and we want it to be HUGE!

Starting this Friday, the 18th, we will begin unveiling the details of our holiday contest and promos. The contest will officially start at Midnight on Black Friday - that's 12:00AM EST on Friday the 25th. Stay tuned to our Facebook page every day until then to find out about the amazing freebies that will be included with holiday orders, as well as the massive prizes that a few lucky customers will win.

On Black Friday (or perhaps we should call it "Black with Silver Metallic" Friday...hint hint) we will be launching the 2nd edition Crown Decks in Blue, Red, and Green (plus a little something special). The popularity of our first edition decks exceeded our wildest expectations, with each color selling out in record time! On the 25th, all of the colors will be available again for you to own. We've also made some wonderful changes and improvements to make the decks even better. The shading from the original Green decks has now been applied across the board to all colors. We've also made subtle tweaks to the Ace of Spades and Jokers, and the box is now made from a special paper with embossed design elements.

Of course, we have more plans for Black Friday than just the new decks! In all, we have a whopping 12 releases to share with everyone, plus the holiday contests, and a few more surprises that you'll just have to wait for...

But hold on a second! You don't have to wait until the 25th to have a chance to get your hands on the 2nd edition decks! We have a Facebook contest that starts TONIGHT with 3 opportunities to win the brand-new 2nd edition Crown Decks!

Prize 1 - We've posted some new photos of the amazing new 2nd edition decks. Simply tag yourself in one of the photos for a chance to win 3 Crown Decks of your choice. If a photo is full, just tag yourself in one of the others. Tag yourself in one photo only please!

Prize 2 - Create a holiday-themed image out of playing cards. This can be a Christmas tree, a wreath, a menorah, etc. The sky's the limit, as long as it has a holiday theme. Tag us, and post the image to our page. The winner of this level will get 6 Crown Decks!

Prize 3 - Tell us how you've been good this year! In one or two paragraphs, tell us what you've learned, how you've grown, and how you've become a better magician. The winner of this level gets 12 Crown Decks! You can submit this paragraph on our facebook wall!

You can enter all 3 contests, and each prize level can mix-and-match the colors so you get exactly the decks you want! Deadline to enter is 11PM EST on Thursday, November 24th. Winners will be announced at 11:30PM the same night. We look forward to your submissions, and hope to see you all on Black Friday for what is sure to be a night to remember!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i have read the post below a few times now, and unless im just missing it they dont say anything about whether these will be limited or not.

i hope that they are not limited because, well, i just dont have enough $$$ for all these decks and i would really like to get some of these. Plus Blue Crown really needs something to be in stock for long periods of time on their site.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The 2nd edition decks are not limited. Granted, we don't have an unlimited supply, but we printed a pretty large amount of all 3 colors so there should be plenty to go around.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
The 2nd edition decks are not limited. Granted, we don't have an unlimited supply, but we printed a pretty large amount of all 3 colors so there should be plenty to go around.

So, in the case that they are gone in a few weeks, will they be reprinted?

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Yep. We may briefly go out of stock from time to time as a new batch is being printed, but for the most part they will be in stock for the long haul.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
awesome, thanks a lot for answering my questions! i am very excited that these great decks will much more readily available!!

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
@reylek, why dont you just print more cards when ur dangerously low on cards? that way you will have more stock and hopefully never run out
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Yep. We may briefly go out of stock from time to time as a new batch is being printed, but for the most part they will be in stock for the long haul.

that's what he is saying they will do here, but while he new batch is being printed it is a possibility that they run out of the others.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
oh okay i see now
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I got a bunch of the first editions so ill probably buy 1 or 2 or each color of the 2nd editions

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I have only one red/blue first ed, and 2 green crown.
I'm sure I will get those 2nd ed too.

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I didn't get any of the first edition. I'm excited they are coming out with a 2nd edition!! And it's awesome that they aren't super limited  :D

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
No Crown decks for me until they fix their court cards. The Arrco faces ruin it for me, and I would even prefer standard Bicycle faces for consistency, but that costs quite a bit more to use whereas Arrco is free.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
No Crown decks for me until they fix their court cards. The Arrco faces ruin it for me, and I would even prefer standard Bicycle faces for consistency, but that costs quite a bit more to use whereas Arrco is free.
Oh my goodness those face cards are ugly! Thats the only thing I don't like about the deck... but I buy it anyway  :P

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I like the Arrco faces simply because it's different while not being extreme.  Streamlines use the same faces.  It's sort of old school for me - as a kid I saw a lot of decks with Arrco faces and a few other non-Bikes as well.  I still remember one face type: heavy bold numerals and letters in a clean design with minimal serifs that looked modern, along with court cards drawn in thick black lines.  I always thought they looked more modern.

From what I've heard so far, the v2s will be just a bit improved over the v1s, so I'm not losing much sleep over only being able to get my hands on two v1 greens.  There are limits to what I'm willing to pay for a paper box and 56 pasteboards, regardless of whether they're radical, fluorescent, cool, edible, classic, funky, explosive, limited, rare, radioactive, original, puke-resistant, bullet-proof, or whatever...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:28:48 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
While some may not care for the Arrco faces and think they need to be fixed, we think they were never broken.  :)

I can assure you that Arrco faces were chosen for this deck purely for aesthetics, cost had no factor in determining the faces that were chosen for the Crown deck.  We design our decks the way we want them without regard to production cost.  We will always make decks that we think are beautiful, we are never seeking out ways to "cheap out" on making the decks.

Not everyone will love every design choice, that's all up to personal taste.  Some people love Arrco faces, some don't, and that's cool.  But we felt that the Arrco faces were a better fit for the overall vibe of the deck than the current standard USPC faces.

Only 2 more days until we start unveiling our holiday contests and prizes!  Stay tuned!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:32:58 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
What is black and metalic things that the blue crown mentions on FB?
New deck?

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 11:21:09 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
What is black and metalic things that the blue crown mentions on FB?
New deck?

I'm hoping it's a new deck. Maybe a different style then the crown decks so far, but I doubt that. Should be interesting to see what they unveil.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I am going purely on gut instinct, black and silver crown.  It will make a perfect finish to the series!
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I am going purely on gut instinct, black and silver crown.  It will make a perfect finish to the series!

That would be a nice looking deck! I hope that if that's the case it is "the finish to the series" like you mentioned. I would like to see D&D end their Smoke and Mirrors series in a similar fashion (v7 carbon fiber). It seems that some series just last too long. Eventually the color combinations get old and a lot of us would rather see a fresh, new design.

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
While some may not care for the Arrco faces and think they need to be fixed, we think they were never broken.  :)

I can assure you that Arrco faces were chosen for this deck purely for aesthetics, cost had no factor in determining the faces that were chosen for the Crown deck.  We design our decks the way we want them without regard to production cost.  We will always make decks that we think are beautiful, we are never seeking out ways to "cheap out" on making the decks.

Not everyone will love every design choice, that's all up to personal taste.  Some people love Arrco faces, some don't, and that's cool.  But we felt that the Arrco faces were a better fit for the overall vibe of the deck than the current standard USPC faces.

Only 2 more days until we start unveiling our holiday contests and prizes!  Stay tuned!

I couldn't agree more on the Arrco faces - hear, hear!  Bicycle faces are nice and all, but eventually after seeing so many decks with them, a change of pace is practically necessary, not just welcome.

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
As much as I prefer having custom court cards at all times, I do prefer the Arrco faces to the Bikes.  Honestly, I think I just like the (slight) variation.

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »

Deboziology

• Forum Regular
  • Folie à deux.
It's always good to have new faces that are not bicycle standard faces :D . Definitely will be picking some of each colour up provided they don't sell it too expensive in Singapore:D

A madness shared by 52.

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 02:39:15 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
It's always good to have new faces that are not bicycle standard faces :D . Definitely will be picking some of each colour up provided they don't sell it too expensive in Singapore:D

It's arrco faces, so it is not a new face. But yes variation than the normal bike is good.

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I will probably be picking up 1 of each colour becuase I didnt buy any of the V1`s. But I personally don`t like accro faces i think they all look stoned.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 10:47:25 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Holiday contest/rewards tiers listed

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/#

CBJ
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:47:55 AM by CBJ »

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hey guys.  You'll notice that not all of the prizes have been unveiled yet, just the first few.  Hopefully the first ones are exciting enough by themselves!  We'll be uncovering more details every day.  The big event starts one week from today!
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 02:53:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey guys.  You'll notice that not all of the prizes have been unveiled yet, just the first few.  Hopefully the first ones are exciting enough by themselves!  We'll be uncovering more details every day.  The big event starts one week from today!

I almost missed the holiday stuff - had to scroll down...  It's got me interested, that's for certain.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Added shadows on the cards and an embossed box  ???

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
The new back design looks sick!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 01:55:03 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Good@Sabacc said they aren't limited
but I'm pretty sure they are....

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 01:59:27 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:

that's what he is saying they will do here, but while the new batch is being printed it is a possibility that they run out of the others.

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

that's what he is saying they will do here, but while the new batch is being printed it is a possibility that they run out of the others.
Oh I guess I missed that!  Thats good to know

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
yep yep. so for those of us that need to spread our $$$ around we can look over the v2's for now and get what's limited first.

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 02:03:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Read this!  ???

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Excellent catch EZ!  Thanks for the heads-up.

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
That picture is making me very scared of site crashing.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »

alexpandrea

• Newcomer
What's up guys!

Thanks for all your support with these decks. The response has been like no other! As for tonights event, a lot of people were asking if the decks were limited or not. Here is what I can say:

By "not limited" we mean that we will plan on printing these in the future for everyone to have. That being said, we only printed a limited amount for the holiday season. After they are gone, we'll print more, but of course that means time and money so it might be a while until we get them back in stock. So the real answer is: yes they are printed in limited numbers - how fast will they go? Well we don't know! How fast will they come back in stock? No idea.

Hope that answers some questions some of you may be having - i know there has been a lot of talk - limited, not limited, and like i said, the answer really depends on how you look at it. My honest opinion - the amount we have for the holiday season will not last long.

Alex^

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
What's up guys!

Thanks for all your support with these decks. The response has been like no other! As for tonights event, a lot of people were asking if the decks were limited or not. Here is what I can say:

By "not limited" we mean that we will plan on printing these in the future for everyone to have. That being said, we only printed a limited amount for the holiday season. After they are gone, we'll print more, but of course that means time and money so it might be a while until we get them back in stock. So the real answer is: yes they are printed in limited numbers - how fast will they go? Well we don't know! How fast will they come back in stock? No idea.

Hope that answers some questions some of you may be having - i know there has been a lot of talk - limited, not limited, and like i said, the answer really depends on how you look at it. My honest opinion - the amount we have for the holiday season will not last long.

Alex^
Welcome Alex! Good luck tonight with everything! And thanks for the info!
And I don't plan on getting the color crowns right now... ill pick them up another time
But I sure do plan on getting those Black Crowns!

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Thank you so much for this information. It was really helpfull!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!