Title: Telekinetic
Creator: Diamond Jim Tyler
Publisher: Vanishing Inc
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 24 minutes

Type of effect: animated (haunted) box effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

A card box comes to life in this sensational new take on a classic plot. After removing the cards from the box, the magician causes the card box to spin, stand up, rise, and open, without moving his fingers.

Cause your card box to twist, rise, and animate at will. Cause a selected card to spring from the card box. Animate a matchbox to stand on end. Make a cigarette pack move around on your palm and turn over.

What you'll see is the most natural of props--the card box--as it comes to life on the magician's outstretched palm. Without moving the fingers at all, the box slides, turns, stands on end, and then opens. As with everything we release, WE GUARANTEE THAT WHAT YOU SEE IN THE TRAILER IS EXACTLY HOW IT LOOKS IN REAL LIFE.

There is an epidemic of deceptive trailers in the magic industry. We hope you appreciate that every effect we produce lives up to its representation online. "Telekinetic" is truly wonderful. Here's why: before or after your favorite card trick, you have a card box naturally in your pocket or on the table, and this effect is therefore MOTIVATED in your show. It is the perfect ending or encore piece--just a tiny touch of visual before you end your performance. And as you can see in the trailer, it freaks people out.

The gimmick is durable, the handling is easy, and you'll be performing it within minutes.

How accurate is the ad copy? no deception ad unlike other animated box effects like animated matchbook - everything can be examined afterwards

What's in the box? Includes DVD and gimmick items.

Key points: use any card box - use your favorite brand, but just note that the box has to be empty - you cant do this with cards in the box.

How are the production values: very well shot and mic'd. Diamond Jim is in his magic library, and you can see his pachinko machine and his autographed picture of Steve Martin

Is it well made: the gimmick is strong and is an easy purchase should you need more.

Is it well taught: Diamond Jim has a good speaking voice, very slow and patient and he spoke with an air of authority that allowed me to relax in that I knew he understood what he was talking about.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): matchbooks are not something we necessarily keep on our person any more - so moving the haunted matchbook effect to a card box is a natural upgrade!

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" your "hook up" is very small and lightweight

Does it "play big?" being able to move physical objects with seemingly no influence can be one of the strongest effects you do in magic

Difficulty / Skill level required: very easy, he will also teach the acrobatic matches that this trick was inspired from. Acrobatic Matchbook, an animated cigarette box, animated business cards and a in your hands Haunted pack effect (where the deck cuts itself)

How much arts and crafts are involved? a little, but between what Jim gives you and what you need from home (you wont' get a card box) it's an easy crafts time.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) this comes from Diamond Jim's working repertoire. If you don't know Jim Tyler - his book Pockets Full of Miracles: Secrets from the Repertoire of a Professional Close-Up Magician is currently out of print and considered a classic. Jim performs, writes, gives private lessons and group lectures, invents routines and markets magic effects all over the world!

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

X     Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

Check out some of Jim Tyler's effects, Spinning Nickel, Diamond Monte, the Zap wallet and his forcing die.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPSMCeIvvMQ
More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy