LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic

Author (Read 38012 times)

LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« on: June 08, 2014, 04:11:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Allow me to introduce you to our second in what we hope to be a long line of Discourse Agents with an official topic - "Legends P.C.C."!

Lawrence Sullivan and his staff will be checking in soon, so keep an eye out for their first post and give them a big welcome!  Their playing cards are as "legendary" as their company name!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Allow me to introduce you to our second in what we hope to be a long line of Discourse Agents with an official topic - "Legends P.C.C."!

Lawrence Sullivan and his staff will be checking in soon, so keep an eye out for their first post and give them a big welcome!  Their playing cards are as "legendary" as their company name!

Lawrence Sullivan is a class act! Besides being an amazing and talented magician, he is one of the nicest people I've had the experience of following on Twitter. If you are not following Lawrence or Legends P.C.C., I highly recommend you do.
@LawrenceSully @LegendsPCC 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:33:50 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer
  • Legends Playing Card Co.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you for the kind words Don and Card Player!

At LegendsPCC we strive to create the perfect deck of playing cards. We source factories around the world and build close ties with their owners so we can adapt quickly to new printing and packaging advances, as well as experiment with new and crazy ideas. Our groundbreaking Legends #852 deck was one of the first mass-produced decks printed outside the USA for the magic and collector community. The cards were specifically engineered to perform and feel better than a standard deck of cards, with better edges, durability, and feel. This advancement continued with our subsequent printing of the private reserve Sharps deck, utilizing a new 'classic' feeling paper stock and a special printing technique.

LPCC mastered that process, and we are now focusing on creating superior packaging, which will be showcased in our Legends #202 Egyptian Edition deck. We are ultra-passionate about playing cards, and these are exciting times for playing card enthusiasts who want the ability to customize every aspect of their decks, from choosing multiple paper stock and coating variants, to custom die-cut tuck cases with luxurious embellishments. We hope you support LPCC and help us continue the advancement of our industry!

On a side note, we have noticed confusion online regarding the relationship between LPCC and EPCC (Expert Playing Card Co.), and would like to clear that up for everyone.

In 2012, Lawrence Sullivan (founder of LPCC) sourced a factory in Asia (where he lives), working closely with them for months before visiting Taiwan to oversee the inaugural print run of Legends #852, which was very well received in the card enthusiast and magic community. Throughout this process, Lawrence was in close contact with Bill Kalush of CARC, who gave invaluable advice and knowledge, as well as distributed the first batch of Legends #852 in the USA. This was the foundation of a strong partnership.

Lawrence then handled the printing of ExpertPCC's red and blue Exquisite decks, which at that point, neither EPCC or Bill Kalush were in contact with our Taiwan factory. After the success of the Exquisite decks, our relationship grew closer and the direct contact at our Taiwan factory was shared with Bill Kalush (founder of EPCC), and we now work together on nearly all aspects of our respective businesses and print jobs. A partnership which helps both our companies innovate, grow, and compete with the big guys like USPCC.

LPCC is looking to continue this strong partnership. However, we are very separate companies and offer different specialties and services. People are free to choose who they would like to print with, and we both ship our products worldwide. Our pricing structures are aligned, and we speak and collaborate nearly daily about every major project we are working on. So rest assured, regardless which company you choose to order a custom deck from, you will get Expert and Legendary advice!

Legends Playing Card Co. is looking forward to being a part of this online community. Thank you to our loyal fans for the support, and please make sure to follow @LegendsPCC or #LegendsPlayingCardCo. on Instagram for some very exciting products coming soon!
--
Legends Playing Card Co. Ltd.
www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And for a little teaser... here is a photo of our upcoming Gnostic deck, designed by magician and mentalist Stuart Palm. Following in the Legends tradition, this deck is chock full of secrets and hidden reveals, a boon to the working performer and mentalist.

This deck features two colors of foil, precisely registered and hot stamped. And at the request of our client, a super thick and durable matte black tuck paper with interior laminated foil, a true tank of a tuck case! Additionally, two of the three decks in this release feature two color Pantone printed back artwork. A process that takes a highly skilled printer like LPCC to align and calibrate properly. A feat which is magnified due to the extreme detail of the Gnostic artwork.

You will be able to buy them soon at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com, and also at CARC, who will have an exclusive red edition with numbered seal!
--

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Welcome LPPC!!  :D

It really is brilliant to see LPCC presence here  at the Discourses!

The majority of us recognize LPCC to be the gold standard when it comes to producing the finest quality playing cards known to mankind. As far as I'm concerned, nothing else even comes close to the Diamond Finish.

I'm genuinely excited about the LPCC line up of decks (that are known about via social media) that are in the works -- The Egyptian Legends are at the top of my "wants" list, along with the LUXX deck, and the Gnostic decks.

I really like the sound of the really thick tuck box for the Gnostics -- in my opinion, a nice and thick tuck box makes a deck even more desirable.

Anyway, I absolutely love the Legends series -- so much, that I'm not even interested in any non-LPCC decks!  :D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:29:45 PM by HolyJJ »
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I have a few questions with regards to the upcoming 202 Egyptian Legends!

(1) I think it was Zenneth Kok who mentioned that the No. 852 in the Legends series was a reference to a particular area... and so I wanted to ask what the significance of the number 202 is in the Egyptian Legends deck.

(2) Even though there is a difference in 3 digit numbers, 852 and 202, can we still assume that the Egyptian Legends are part of the same Legends series is the V1 and V2 Legends? As can the Egyptian Legends informally be thought of as the Legends V3?

... or will the 202 Legends form a separate series of their own, separate to the 852 Legends?

And one final question (for now!)...

(3) Just as the USPCC have multiple distinct signature brands (Bicycle, Bee, Tally Ho, etc), are there any plans for LPCC to have multiple signature brands in addition to the Legends brand?

Something with a repeating all over back design (like the Bees) would be awesome for gamblers! :)
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

(1) I think it was Zenneth Kok who mentioned that the No. 852 in the Legends series was a reference to a particular area... and so I wanted to ask what the significance of the number 202 is in the Egyptian Legends deck.

(2) Even though there is a difference in 3 digit numbers, 852 and 202, can we still assume that the Egyptian Legends are part of the same Legends series is the V1 and V2 Legends? As can the Egyptian Legends informally be thought of as the Legends V3?

... or will the 202 Legends form a separate series of their own, separate to the 852 Legends?

(3) Just as the USPCC have multiple distinct signature brands (Bicycle, Bee, Tally Ho, etc), are there any plans for LPCC to have multiple signature brands in addition to the Legends brand?

Something with a repeating all over back design (like the Bees) would be awesome for gamblers! :)

I can help with one of those answers.  No. 852 was chosen because it's the area code of Hong Kong.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
And for a little teaser... here is a photo of our upcoming Gnostic deck, designed by magician and mentalist Stuart Palm. Following in the Legends tradition, this deck is chock full of secrets and hidden reveals, a boon to the working performer and mentalist.

This deck features two colors of foil, precisely registered and hot stamped. And at the request of our client, a super thick and durable matte black tuck paper with interior laminated foil, a true tank of a tuck case! Additionally, two of the three decks in this release feature two color Pantone printed back artwork. A process that takes a highly skilled printer like LPCC to align and calibrate properly. A feat which is magnified due to the extreme detail of the Gnostic artwork.

You will be able to buy them soon at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com, and also at CARC, who will have an exclusive red edition with numbered seal!

That looks BEAUTIFUL!

The original legends quickly became my go-to deck for magic. I can't wait for this one!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Hi Legends

I read on one of your social network pages that there might be a secret way to pick up some "Sharps". Are there other "Sharps" that will be available besides the CARC variety box? Right now these are at the top of mine and others collectors lists. Will enough ever be printed or available for outright sale?

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 08:00:53 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 11:35:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hi Legends

I read on one of your social network pages that there might be a secret way to pick up some "Sharps". Are there other "Sharps" that will be available besides the CARC variety box? Right now these are at the top of mine and others collectors lists. Will enough ever be printed or available for outright sale?

Thanks

The CARC page for the Variety Box stated that they were available as a "pre-release" deck - meaning that they actually weren't released yet at the time and don't appear to have been released yet.  I'm guessing they'll be out soon, especially since we know they're already printed!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

Jeremy Hanrahan

• Newcomer
I really enjoy my Sharpe decks. Really superior to anything on the market!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:52 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hi HolyJJ,

We plan to release various editions of LEGENDS branded decks that compliment the mythology theme. Right now we have #852 and #202, with a few more in the works. Legends #202 Egyptian Edition is entirely different artwork than the #852s, so it would technically be Legends #202 v.1, or first edition.

Sharps is a gambling oriented line of decks from LPCC, with the Sharps Private Reserve deck acting as a test run for a new paper we sourced, and now call Classic Finish. Classic Finish paper has a more flexible feel; a happy medium between our stiffer Diamond Finish and a standard Bicycle deck. Classic Finish is proving to be a very popular card stock for magicians. The coating is identical on both decks, the paper is the only major difference between Legends #852 Diamond Finish and Sharps Private Reserve Classic Finish.

In addition to our customer's deck orders like Aquila, Tenebre, and LUXX, we are planning at least two other signature in-house decks with custom artwork. Stay tuned or follow us on twitter @LegendsPcc or Instagram @LegendsPlayingCardCo!

--

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 12:32:53 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I know this might be due to an edit. But there is still this possibility that it exists. Hands up if you think that it looks awesome. Maybe EPCC can chime in on this.

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I know this might be due to an edit. But there is still this possibility that it exists. Hands up if you think that it looks awesome. Maybe EPCC can chime in on this.

Well, where did you find the image?  That would go a long way in determining the real deal.

I've spoken with Bill Kalush a few times about the Legends deck.  To the very best of my knowledge, only blue, red and black were made for version 2.  CARC was the exclusive seller of the black deck.  It possible that he held out on me, but I consider it unlikely.

Since this is a Legends deck, I'm going to merge this to the Legends company topic so you'll get a straight answer and faster response.

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
That pic is directly from the Legends PCC website.  I went and looked right after it was posted.  Lat picture of the carbon clip.

http://legends-playing-cards.myshopify.com/products/carbon-fiber-card-clip

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 11:45:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That pic is directly from the Legends PCC website.  I went and looked right after it was posted.  Lat picture of the carbon clip.

http://legends-playing-cards.myshopify.com/products/carbon-fiber-card-clip

Now it's making sense.  I'm no expert on photography but I was a film production major about a lifetime ago.  The light from the flash was probably a bit on the cool side of the spectrum, like most flashes; more blue, less red.  Going through the cellophane, reflecting off the black surface (yes, I believe it's a black deck) and back through the cellophane to the lens, the lighting gains even more of a bluish tint to it.  While cellophane appears to be completely clear and colorless, it does actually have a very faint blue hue, something you'd notice if you had a large quantity of it stacked in sheets like a ream of paper.  These effects combined to make the black deck appear more like the color purple.

That's my theory!

Seriously, like I said, I haven't heard boo about an actual purple deck being made.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
I have no idea of the ins and outs of photography.  I would agree though, it's just the way the picture came out. 

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 02:58:08 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
From a photgraphic standpoint, yes, anything is possible. It can be lighting like Don mentioned, light has a funny way of "Changing" colors depending on the angle and exposure, but my quetstion would be, why not correct it?

If it's indeed a black Legend ( I think it's the Blue), why leave it like this? It's way to simple of a Photoshop fix to not correct the image to represent the actual color of the deck. Just sayin'............  :-\
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:04:11 PM by Sparkz »

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:36 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
This is on the site as well.

Know anything about these?

Oh and from instagram
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Oh and from instagram

How good is your Chinese?

http://www.bund18.com/cn/

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Oh and from instagram

The Bund is a Shanghai waterfront. From what I gather from their 关于我们 (concerning us) tab, they're a cultural center.

I could be wrong. My Chinese is mediocre at best.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Oh and from instagram

The Bund is a Shanghai waterfront. From what I gather from their 关于我们 (concerning us) tab, they're a cultural center.

There's an English version of the website. Top right of the website (EN |中文). Just click the "EN" for English.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

There's an English version of the website. Top right of the website (EN |中文). Just click the "EN" for English.

Based on the photos, I would have thought it was either a high-end hotel or a very-high-end apartment building.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 01:28:42 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
http://legendsplayingcards.com/products/gnostic-playing-cards

Fore sale on the legends site. With news of   a red li#$eD Ed!t@^ sry, Every time I try to type or say the words  limited ed.. Curse words spew forth from my being   any who, the edition will be red and available at  CARC soon. Also a lot of Legend Egypt deck images. If you click on the banner it just reloads the pages so my guess would be a launch this week?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:29:05 AM by DarkDerp »

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I'd like to confirm that Conjuring Arts will have all the colors of Gnostic, including our exclusive Red (numbered edition of 1000), available soon. We can't release them yet but I promise that we will as soon as they arrive. Presently they are in the US but being shipped to Kings Wild for fulfillment.
Pricing will be $13.75 per deck plus postage when bought individually (this is the price Legends requested us to sell them for) . All three colors as a set are $39 postpaid anywhere in the US (plus $8.99 for international). I realize that these are on the expensive side but they are really a fine deck and very few were made of each color. I believe that Conjuring Arts has the largest supply of each color and the ONLY supply of our exclusive red.
I will post here when they will go on sale but you can also check ConjuringArts.org for the latest information.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Bill

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 11:06:42 AM »

shadowkat

• True Member
I heard a rumor that there was a PDF explaining all the mentalism goodies that are hidden in the Gnostic deck.  Do you know of this, or if it will be available with a purchase of the decks from Conjuring Arts?  Thank you for your time. 

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Yep. The guide is available from the designer's site  http://www.stuartpalm.com/. There is a "secret" store that can be found in his shop. Entrance requires a password and the hint is "what is the thirteenth step?" 

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Yep. The guide is available from the designer's site  http://www.stuartpalm.com/. There is a "secret" store that can be found in his shop. Entrance requires a password and the hint is "what is the thirteenth step?"

The password isn't too hard with a bit of a bit of research. The ebook for Gnostic Deck guide is 30$. I didn't buy it, but I find it fair with other magic books out there and especially with the work that went into it. It's cool that the Gnostic has these hidden stuff and what not making it not just a straight semi-custom deck. There's also force, invisible and a "T.O.D." Gnostic deck.

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 01:41:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The password isn't too hard with a bit of a bit of research. The ebook for Gnostic Deck guide is 30$. I didn't buy it, but I find it fair with other magic books out there and especially with the work that went into it. It's cool that the Gnostic has these hidden stuff and what not making it not just a straight semi-custom deck. There's also force, invisible and a "T.O.D." Gnostic deck.

Research, sure - but where to look?

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

I just leaned forward and looked on my coffee table.   :)

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector

I guess the clue is "13th steps" and mentalism, which is implied since that's part of Stuart's magic.

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:57 PM »

shadowkat

• True Member
Thanks everyone.  I have figured out the password and have entered the Mystery Shop.   ;)

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Thanks everyone.  I have figured out the password and have entered the Mystery Shop.   ;)

I finally got it as well!

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
The 3 deck collection we call the Gnostic Trinity will (finally) go on sale tomorrow at 1pm EDT at conjuringarts.org.
Conjuring Arts will be the only place you can get all three decks because we commissioned the third, red deck. In addition to that we also limited the edition to 1000 and put a numbered seal on each deck.

These are great decks from Legends Playing Card Co and have some new features. The most original new feature is that the interior of the tuck is gold foil. Beyond the shear beauty of this it can also act as a shiner (for those who know what that is). We will leave it to those who purchase them to find the other major features.

Another interesting note is that the back design features two colors and very thin borders. This combination has the excellent effect of making the cards handle extremely well.

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
These are great decks from Legends Playing Card Co and have some new features. The most original new feature is that the interior of the tuck is gold foil. Beyond the shear beauty of this it can also act as a shiner (for those who know what that is). We will leave it to those who purchase them to find the other major features.

That's PERFECT! I've contemplated getting a shiner ring, but I always thought they were too conspicuous, since I never wear rings. A hyper reflective tuck interior is the best incognito substitute thus far!

I'm definitely picking up a few.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

That's PERFECT! I've contemplated getting a shiner ring, but I always thought they were too conspicuous, since I never wear rings. A hyper reflective tuck interior is the best incognito substitute thus far!

Using a ring lets you glance at your hands as you deal, depending on how you plan to use it the tuck might prove a tad more conspicuous.

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Using a ring lets you glance at your hands as you deal, depending on how you plan to use it the tuck might prove a tad more conspicuous.

If you angle the tuck flap towards you and keep it about a foot away, it'll be much less conspicuous than a ring. You could just flash the top card while adjusting the deck toward the box, and no one would really process it.

I (personally) find that accessories cause suspicion. I've even had people ask if they can inspect my tie while busking.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Conjuring Arts is releasing the latest Legends on Wednesday at 1pm.
Lawrence Sullivan and Mark Stutzman have created a beautiful new series of 3 decks called Egyptian Legends.
The series consists of a Blue/Silver (metallic), Black/Gold (metallic) and Red backs. The faces also have metallic ink in their design.
The tucks for the Egyptians are really outstanding and include a die cut showing off part of the back design, gold foiling on the exterior and the entire interior and also 3D embossing that is really amazing.

The decks will be available singly at MSRP of $8.95 plus postage.
And due to popular request Conjuring Arts is also offering the decks in a
3 pack for $26.85 postpaid in the US
6 pack for $49.95 postpaid in the US
12 pack for $89.95 postpaid in the US

Move fast, because Legends sell out fast and when these are gone we will not be getting more.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:32:46 PM by WKalush »

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Conjuring Arts is releasing the latest Legends on Wednesday at 1pm.
Lawrence Sullivan and Mark Stutzman have created a beautiful new series of 3 decks called Egyptian Legends.
The series consists of a Blue/Silver (metallic), Black/Gold (metallic) and Red backs. The faces also have metallic ink in their design.
The tucks for the Egyptians are really outstanding and include a die cut showing off part of the back design, gold foiling on the exterior and the entire interior and also 3D embossing that is really amazing.

The decks will be available singly at MSRP of $8.95 plus postage.
And due to popular request Conjuring Arts is also offering the decks in a
3 pack for $26.85 postpaid in the US
6 pack for $49.95 postpaid in the US
12 pack for $89.95 postpaid in the US

Move fast, because Legends sell out fast and when these are gone we will not be getting more.

That's brilliant news, 1pm what timezone though? EDT? CDT? And Wednesday as in tomorrow, 27th?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

That's brilliant news, 1pm what timezone though? EDT? CDT? And Wednesday as in tomorrow, 27th?

Ha Ha, details details.
Yes tomorrow the 27th at 1pm EDT. Sorry for that!

bk

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 09:29:54 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
These Legends #202 series looks absolutely incredible!

Everything from the detail and foil on the tuckbox, to the back design, to the recolouring of the traditional court cards is amazing.

Does anyone know what the print run is for each colour?

The V2 Legends had an extremely short print run...

Cheers.

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 04:18:00 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Thank you for all the kind words regarding the Gnostic and Legends #202 Egyptian Edition decks.

We worked very hard with our Taiwan factory over the past year to ensure this was the best packaging they have produced to date, and we think it really shows with the Gnostic two-tone foil and the Egyptian 3D embossing / foil, which we have never seen done on tuck case. The cold-foiling interiors are also very special, and we now can offer it to customers with larger orders over 4,000 decks. There are many more features and secrets these decks hold, which we will reveal over time.

LPCC can now fulfil orders from Hong Kong for our customers. This saves you shipment costs, time, and the hassle of shipping our orders yourself. Our rates are very reasonable for shipping worldwide, around $4-6 for one deck, anywhere in the world. We can now handle your entire deck project from artwork, production, to fulfilment; the complete package.

To answer some questions; only 3,202 per color of the Egyptian Legends were printed, with less available for sale. Around 1k went to CARC, and the bulk will be sold at www.LegendsPlayingCards.com

Sign up to our newsletter to be informed about new projects, and you can always shop at our online store if you want to sample some of our decks. Thank you for supporting LPCC and helping us create the highest quality and most innovative playing cards in the world!

--

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 02:22:08 AM »

doubledouble

• True Member
is the card stock for the LUXX playing cards different than the egyptian legends? they are both diamond finish but when i riffle the LUXX cards the cards feel a little thinner somehow.

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
What is going to be done about the marking errors (and other TBD errors) in the Egyptian deck?  Will there be a reprint with proper quality control?  Any discounts for purchasers of the flawed decks?

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »

doubledouble

• True Member
^ yeah, I have three bricks of these cards cause i was such a fan of the design :/

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
What is going to be done about the marking errors (and other TBD errors) in the Egyptian deck?  Will there be a reprint with proper quality control?  Any discounts for purchasers of the flawed decks?

Dear Nate,

This deck has not been sold or advertised as having any sort of marking system whatsoever, nor do we say they are regulation decks for gaming. These are decks for collectors and card enthusiasts who appreciate quality and exquisite artwork and packaging.

We feel the #202 Egyptian Edition of Legends are a hallmark in printing and packaging design. You are free to disagree, and if you don't like your Egyptian Legends decks for any reason, we will gladly refund your order!

Thank you and stay in touch for some very special releases coming soon!
--

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Something to do with the "Slithering your way very soon." comment the other day?  :-\

Legends Playing Card Co.

New Joker.

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Are there multiple versions of the Sharps decks? I see them named 'Sharps' and also see 'Private Reserve' used for the Sharps decks as well, are these all the same deck, or have there been different versions between pre-releases and other available decks of Sharps?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Good Morning... What an epic email I got this morning.

Check your emails people!!

Thank You LS.

*Update: Out of Stock

I would have been so disappointed had I missed out on these.  My email was 7 hours old by the time I saw it. :))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:26:19 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 11:38:52 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Are there multiple versions of the Sharps decks? I see them named 'Sharps' and also see 'Private Reserve' used for the Sharps decks as well, are these all the same deck, or have there been different versions between pre-releases and other available decks of Sharps?

I'm pretty sure the full title is "Sharps Private Reserve".

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.

Oh ok, so there is just one Sharps deck, the Sharps Private Reserve? I wasn't sure if they had made different print runs with different sub names
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Oh ok, so there is just one Sharps deck, the Sharps Private Reserve? I wasn't sure if they had made different print runs with different sub names

Per the email, these are the same original decks printed 1 year ago. There was only one print run of each color.

Now that I finally was able to buy Sharps... How do I get my hands on a few Purple v2 Legends?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:48:21 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Now that I finally was able to buy Sharps... How do I get my hands on a few Purple v2 Legends?

You don't.  It's a black deck in just the right light to make it appear purple.  We've seen such photos before.

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
The box art says "Sharps Playing Cards", I'd guess the "Private Reserve" part is just to be clear that they are not meant to be sold publicly.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
The box art says "Sharps Playing Cards", I'd guess the "Private Reserve" part is just to be clear that they are not meant to be sold publicly.

I agree. When you consider quantity sold, time frame it took LPCC to sell them and the select customers that were offered to buy them, the name "private reserve"  is appropriate for this deck more then any deck I've seen to date.

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The LPCC releases till date have been exceptional, to say the very least.

Seeing as Black Friday and Cyber Monday are pretty much the time of the year where the playing card companies tend to launch either new decks or some sort of weekend sale, I just wanted to ask whether LPCC has anything planned.

The (supposed) "big boys" (Ellusionist, Theory11, D&D) don't have anything that interests me in the slightest. It's only CARC that has some exciting releases. If LPCC has anything planned, then I'll try eBay off some more more USPCC decks before Friday in order to raise more funds :D

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2014, 06:39:12 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The answer to my question above is YES, there will be a black Friday sale at the LPCC site.

If you check www.legendsplayingcards.com you'll find the following text:

"Get ready for our Black Friday super sale on NOV 27th, 23:00 GMT"

I'm very much looking forward to it! In all honesty, I think my entire card budget is going to be spent on this one -- I'll pick up EPCC's Zen decks some other time.

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Anyone else getting the "enter password" page?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Yeah, I'm getting that page also brother.

I've been refreshing for the past few minutes, hoping for to finally see the sale pages!

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Urgh.

I managed to find the page for the new mystery deck... but they were sold out!!

Mentally i feel like I've fallen off a giant beanstalk :(

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Legends Playing Card Co.

Some very exciting projects coming this year!

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2015, 12:11:10 AM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
Looks like a Chinese role playing card game (difference between 3 & 4 Kingdoms?). Interested to see more and the potential artwork associated with such a game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Three_Kingdoms

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2015, 12:21:09 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Wow..what a rip off of the Bicycle logo on that day of the dead deck.  I can't believe they would stoop that low.
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:43 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Wow..what a rip off of the Bicycle logo on that day of the dead deck.  I can't believe they would stoop that low.

Yea, I think there could be a copyright/ trademark issue there. No it doesn't say Bicycle, but one could be confused thinking it's a "Bicycle" brand or something.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2015, 02:28:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The similarities between logos is obvious, but it's hardly the first time someone's mimicked that design.  USPC themselves allowed variations of it to be made - Ferguson, Phoenix, and probably more - those are just the two at the tip of my tongue.

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2015, 03:07:10 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
haha, I like it. I like it alot! :))
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
The similarities between logos is obvious, but it's hardly the first time someone's mimicked that design.  USPC themselves allowed variations of it to be made - Ferguson, Phoenix, and probably more - those are just the two at the tip of my tongue.

Yes, but that's USPC allowing it.  Not an outside company.
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Were any of you confused as to whether this was a deck of Bicycle branded cards?

Probably not. The big letters that say "LEGENDS" gave it aways, huh?

Maybe you thought that this might be another company's deck that USPCC printed, but so what?

One design element that is roughly the same is likely not infringing USPCC rights.

/bama
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:02:38 PM by bamabenz »

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 03:46:50 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Yes, but that's USPC allowing it.  Not an outside company.

You're right.  But in trademark law, if a company "waters down" its own trademark by allowing alterations, it weakens the protection the trademark would receive in a court case over infringement by similar-looking products.  It never helps when the trademark consists mostly of lettering - no one has a trademark on the alphabet.  Hence the reason McDonald's refers to their logo as "the Golden Arches" rather than "the letter M."  Shapes are one thing, letters quite another.

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I don't see what the issue is. Legends have been using that same lettering and placement ever since they released their first Legends branded deck.

So far there have been 3 Legends branded releases... and no such issues.

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I don't see what the issue is. Legends have been using that same lettering and placement ever since they released their first Legends branded deck.

So far there have been 3 Legends branded releases... and no such issues.

Now that you mention it - you're right!

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 11:29:19 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

I can see where the banner and framing would raise question.

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2015, 01:08:56 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

I can see where the banner and framing would raise question.

The first additions have similarities, but the letter frame is different, and the scroll ends are not even close.

This one the letter frame and scroll is almost exact to Bicycle.  We all know the difference between Bicycle and Legends. For someone that doesn't, there could easily be some brand confusion. I think USPCC could easily have a case against this. On the other hand, If I'm Legends, and I'm trying to make my own brand. Why would they go with anything close to the Bicycle logo?

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2015, 07:11:43 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I'm guessing that this "Day of the Dead" deck is a custom order for an independent designer, and not one of the LPCC in-house decks.

In which case, I'd also guess that the independent designer was the one who chose for that particular look with regard to the Legends branding.

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2015, 04:48:29 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Legends site has NOC v4 for sale as well as a Draconian double set.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:48:57 AM by DarkDerp »

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2015, 06:24:38 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

ZOMG NOC V4!!!!!! 

Gonna get me some of that. :bosswalk:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:25:01 AM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2015, 10:25:23 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

ZOMG NOC V4!!!!!! 

Gonna get me some of that. :bosswalk:

Evidently there was a big WTF between HOPC & LPCC today.  >:(

UPDATE! We will have more available soon! Due to a mis-communication, we originally mis-labelled these as NOC v.4. Our apologies. These decks are a special edition reprint of NOC v.3 exclusively for LPCC and EPCC.

This is a special Limited Edition reprint of NOC V.3, only 1,000 decks per color, only for LPCC and our close friends at EPCC.

NOC was printed by our friends at ExpertPCC on Master Finish card stock (the same as our Diamond Finish). Thin, snappy, and long lasting imported casino grade black core paper.

You can easily recognise this version because of the Expert PCC seal, and the special tuck case paper made from actual card stock. The same material the playing cards are printed on, and coated with a special matte lamination, sealed with an ExpertPCC limited seal.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:28:34 PM by Rob Wright »

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2015, 03:01:53 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
The first deck that I got made by Legends PCC was Four Beasts by Alvin Cheung, and I found this very similar to Heretic Deck by Lorenzo Gaggiotti which is produced by EPCC.

In the past few months reading a few posts from the community in this forum, a lot talk about LPCC and EPCC (in a good way) and some even say that the deck made by LPCC and EPCC is superior than USPCC.

Today while I was bored, I did a little test. In the past I used to hate it when water get too close to my playing cards (made by USPCC) since they leave black mark on the edges. While I recently learn about the master finish and diamond finish orffered by EPCC  and LPCC respectively, I found that the cards feel a little like plastic coated.

So I thought maybe I should try placing 1 card produced by LPCC and 1 card produced by USPCC under running water for at least 5 seconds.
The results may not be surprising at all, since many of you already said EPCC and LPCC is superior to USPCC.
Here are some picture of the cards after exposed to running tap water for 5 seconds.
LPCC card is a clear winner on this test. I don't even see any water damage on the card produced by LPCC  :D
I am loving these cards now by both LPCC and EPCC super awesome...

Back for more

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2015, 09:43:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
That right there is one of the more amazing things I've seen that clearly demonstrates the difference in the quality of the cards between LPCC and USPC.  The other was the rather popular photo showing a pack of Bikes next to a pack of Legends, with the Bikes' unfortunately ragged die cut and the nearly perfect cut on the Legends.

Can anyone else provide demonstrations of the superior quality of Legends cards over USPC?  How about a comparison of a deck from each maker, one year after serious use?

« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
That right there is one of the more amazing things I've seen that clearly demonstrates the difference in the quality of the cards between LPCC and USPC.  The other was the rather popular photo showing a pack of Bikes next to a pack of Legends, with the Bikes' unfortunately ragged die cut and the nearly perfect cut on the Legends.

Can anyone else provide demonstrations of the superior quality of Legends cards over USPC?  How about a comparison of a deck from each maker, one year after serious use?

Hm that gonna take me a long time.
But I am currently making a comparison between draconians and bicycle master (which is suppose to be 1 of the good deck from USPCC). I am using them on a daily basis to practice and store them at the same conditions. We will see how this go in the Next 4 weeks.
Back for more

« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

Hm that gonna take me a long time.
But I am currently making a comparison between draconians and bicycle master (which is suppose to be 1 of the good deck from USPCC). I am using them on a daily basis to practice and store them at the same conditions. We will see how this go in the Next 4 weeks.

Go Draconians!

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2015, 01:29:18 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I had used both of them for about 2 weeks and draconians is holding better so far.
Back for more

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Just a quick update Legends deck that I have been using for a while now.. Spitfire Draconian deck you see below has been used for about 6 months now and as you can see, it had some stains on the edges of the cards.

I remember Don mentioned something about cleaning Classic Twin Decks, so I decided to give it a try and the results is amazing.

The cards were cleaned with damp microfibre cleaning cloth, surprisingly the water didn't affect the edges at all. I can't imagine USPCC deck treated in the same way.

Back for more

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just a quick update Legends deck that I have been using for a while now.. Spitfire Draconian deck you see below has been used for about 6 months now and as you can see, it had some stains on the edges of the cards.

I remember Don mentioned something about cleaning Classic Twin Decks, so I decided to give it a try and the results is amazing.

The cards were cleaned with damp microfibre cleaning cloth, surprisingly the water didn't affect the edges at all. I can't imagine USPCC deck treated in the same way.

I didn't even use water!  Just used a paper towel.  Clean microfiber cloth would be a better choice, I think.

USPC decks are allergic to water, completely.

So - no BEFORE photos?  Drat...

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:16 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I didn't even use water!  Just used a paper towel.  Clean microfiber cloth would be a better choice, I think.

USPC decks are allergic to water, completely.

So - no BEFORE photos?  Drat...

haha you kinda have to look closely to the first 2 photos.. the photos were over exposed to light when I took it, that is why it is not very clear. Zoom in a little and you can see it better.

I actually tried it on USPCC deck and the edges turned black.. I will upload the photo later tonight.

Back for more

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Hankman, thanks for the post!  Just out of curiosity, what is your practice routine and how much abuse do you put the cards through? 

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

It's great to see the Draconians holding up through 6 months of use!!
I love Legends' Classic Finish. Every Deck I do with Legends will utilize their Classic Finish.

Thanks, Randy

« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2015, 06:56:15 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hankman, thanks for the post!  Just out of curiosity, what is your practice routine and how much abuse do you put the cards through?

I used them every night for about 30 to 45 minutes till the deck started to feel clumpy, I then swap to other decks. I tend to do lots of dribble, riffle shuffle and faro (while practising sleight of hand like classic pass)

I don't think I abuse them a lot but for what I do, it handle better then bicycle.
Back for more

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I'd like to get the full story on the Chivalry debacle and why LPCC can't/won't print them.

From the latest KS update:

August 2
Final artwork was delivered to LPCC

August 22
After final and close examination of the Chivalry artwork LPCC has come to the conclusion that their Emerald Finish production facilities must decline the task of manufacturing Chivalry. They claim to lack the technical experience and capabilites to handle all the special features. This comes as a surprise to us because all matters were debated during the Kickstarter funding.

August 23
We request an offer to have the decks made at their Diamond Finish facilities.

September 4
We ask for status of the offer (which is still being processed)

September 23
LPCC sends us a rough estimate on quotation which is out of reach for us financially AND put a delay of +4 months to the projects. Note here that it took LPCC 4 weeks just to come up with a rough and unformal quote.

September 26
We request a formal quotation and try to negotiate with LPCC

September 30
LPCC are unable to give a formal quote and reject negotiation.

Chivalry will not be printed by LPCC

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'd like to get the full story on the Chivalry debacle and why LPCC can't/won't print them.

From the latest KS update:

August 2
Final artwork was delivered to LPCC

August 22
After final and close examination of the Chivalry artwork LPCC has come to the conclusion that their Emerald Finish production facilities must decline the task of manufacturing Chivalry. They claim to lack the technical experience and capabilites to handle all the special features. This comes as a surprise to us because all matters were debated during the Kickstarter funding.

August 23
We request an offer to have the decks made at their Diamond Finish facilities.

September 4
We ask for status of the offer (which is still being processed)

September 23
LPCC sends us a rough estimate on quotation which is out of reach for us financially AND put a delay of +4 months to the projects. Note here that it took LPCC 4 weeks just to come up with a rough and unformal quote.

September 26
We request a formal quotation and try to negotiate with LPCC

September 30
LPCC are unable to give a formal quote and reject negotiation.

Chivalry will not be printed by LPCC

This is unusual, for certain.  I do know that the "Emerald Finish" decks aren't made at the same facility as the one they share with Expert PCC.  "Diamond Finish," if I recall, is the same as what Expert calls "Expert Finish" and comes from the same plant in Taiwan.

I'm betting that there's a lot more to the situation that we haven't yet heard.  It seems odd that they'd suddenly drop the project cold like that, with such a delay and all the hemming and hawing.  There's something going on we don't yet know.

« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2015, 08:24:48 PM »

Legends P.C.C.

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hey guys! Other than running out of our now Legendary in-house sourced Classic Finish paper stock and waiting on a re-supply, everything is running as smoothy and efficiently as ever at LPCC. Running low on Classic card stock was a huge issue and we are deeply apologetic for the delays this has caused our customers. We are doing our best to make sure this won't happen again, and the Classic Finish card stock will always remain in, well, "stock'. ;)

As for our printing process, we have a very strict policy when it comes to issuing a quotation for a deck project. If you are planning to launch a Kickstarter campaign, please be sure you receive an official quotation from us BEFORE your campaign starts. We would think this should be standard business practice in any industry. You need to know how much something costs before you decide to purchase, so you can budget, etc.

Extras like foil, embossing, specialty paper or seals are all very important to a deck project. We need to see all the artwork, know the final print specs, and work with you to decide how the deck and packing should be printed before we can issue you a quotation. Printing a Legendary deck of cards is an exacting process that requires many steps to be perfect. This is the entire foundation of Legends Playing Card Co., ultra-high quality playing cards designed for use by magicians and playing card lovers.

Thank you again for all the support on the forums, keep in touch with us at Legends PCC for more great decks coming soon. If you haven't seen the SOUNDBOARDS deck, you should really check it out, a marvel of packaging and one of the coolest retro-inspired decks in a long while!
--

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
There you go, easily explained.  It sounds like the people running the project didn't properly organize it on their end.  They talked about features being "debated" during the Kickstarter project, but that doesn't sound like there's any firm quotes going on.  I've seen  lot of project launch without obtaining quotes beforehand - sometimes it works out, sure, but it's often a recipe for disaster.  Another question would be why the quote is so different from their perspective when all that changed with the project was the stock used and facility used - suddenly, it's out of their budget?  Is the stock that different in price?  And they're only discovering this two months AFTER the project closed?  I imagine it was a little complex, with stretch goal after stretch goal, but those are the kinds of things you plan for ahead of time, not after you're collecting pledges.  At the very least, if you're going to spring possible last minute stretch goals to keep the project rolling, you still need to plan them well ahead of announcing and releasing them.  Flying by the seat of the pants when it comes to the financial planning of a campaign is a really bad idea.

I'm about to launch a project in the near future, started prepping the KS project page for it and so forth - I haven't even started promotions yet, not until I have a firm quote from the printer!  I won't lift a finger on the public side of the project without solid numbers in place first.

Thanks for letting us know what was going on!

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
There you go, easily explained.  It sounds like the people running the project didn't properly organize it on their end.  They talked about features being "debated" during the Kickstarter project, but that doesn't sound like there's any firm quotes going on.  I've seen  lot of project launch without obtaining quotes beforehand - sometimes it works out, sure, but it's often a recipe for disaster.  Another question would be why the quote is so different from their perspective when all that changed with the project was the stock used and facility used - suddenly, it's out of their budget?  Is the stock that different in price?  And they're only discovering this two months AFTER the project closed?  I imagine it was a little complex, with stretch goal after stretch goal, but those are the kinds of things you plan for ahead of time, not after you're collecting pledges.  At the very least, if you're going to spring possible last minute stretch goals to keep the project rolling, you still need to plan them well ahead of announcing and releasing them.  Flying by the seat of the pants when it comes to the financial planning of a campaign is a really bad idea.

I'm about to launch a project in the near future, started prepping the KS project page for it and so forth - I haven't even started promotions yet, not until I have a firm quote from the printer!  I won't lift a finger on the public side of the project without solid numbers in place first.

I had a feeling something like this happen with the Chivalry project. It really didn't sound right that Legends PCC rejected a project after the campaign had finished. I actually assumed that the creator had only submitted draft artwork without the add ons...

I feel sorry for the rest of the backers now, since the deck is going to be printed by NPCC.
Luckily for some reason I backed out of this project...
Back for more

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2015, 12:09:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I had a feeling something like this happen with the Chivalry project. It really didn't sound right that Legends PCC rejected a project after the campaign had finished. I actually assumed that the creator had only submitted draft artwork without the add ons...

I feel sorry for the rest of the backers now, since the deck is going to be printed by NPCC.
Luckily for some reason I backed out of this project...
We should move this discussion to the topic for the deck.  NPCC??  My oh my...  Bad alternative, as I see it.  If I had backed this, I'd be pissed.

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2015, 01:09:37 AM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Actually, Nicolai is offering a full refund to any backer that is not happy with the result of having to change printers, which I think is the right thing to do.

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2015, 02:23:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Actually, Nicolai is offering a full refund to any backer that is not happy with the result of having to change printers, which I think is the right thing to do.

I had no way of knowing - the last update was for backers only, and I'm not one of 'em.

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thanks for the info, Legends.  I didn't think the picture being painted was the whole story.  You'd think a project creator would have his or her ducks in a row before launching, especially after having a successful project under his belt.

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2016, 09:16:36 PM »

JackofDiamonds

• Twitter:
I went through this thread and over the internet, and I can't figure out what distinguishes the Elite finish (Luxx) from Diamond or Classic, aside from the embossing (which I adore).

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2016, 10:06:04 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
isn't LUXX deck uses Diamond finish?
Back for more

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2016, 01:55:27 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Hank, the first and second edition LUXX decks use the Diamond Finish, where as the LUXX Palme decks use Elite Finish.

Whilst Diamond finish is completely different, the Elite Finish uses the Classic Finish paper, but with a different embossing pattern. It does handle differently, and in my experience, Elite Finish decks lasts longer the Classic Finish.

Although it sounds like a very very slight difference to Classic Finish, the embossing pattern is easy to notice even visually!

« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2016, 02:36:02 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
oh thanks for clarifying that  ;) I haven't tried palme edition yet  :P

Back for more

« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 12:11:13 PM »

JackofDiamonds

• Twitter:
Its actually a bit surprising to me that Elite would last longer with all other things equal, seeing as there is a somewhat more noticeable tooth to the embossing. Thank you for your quick reply!

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:46 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
Since this is the Official Topic for Legends, I figured it would be appropriate to cross-post links to a five-part series of feature articles about Legends Playing Card Company that I've posted here on PlayingCardForum, including detailed reviews of almost a dozen of their decks.  The first article may especially be of interest, because it details the origin of the company, the services they offer, and explains and reviews the quality of their range of playing card finishes.

Here are links to the entire series of articles:

Part 1: Introducing Legends Playing Card Company - Legendary playing cards
Part 2: Inhouse decks from Legends - Legends #202 Egyptian Edition, Legends #098 Persian Edition, and Legends Digital Petroglyphs
Part 3: Classy decks from Legends  - LUXX Greille deck, and Don Quixote Vol 1 deck
Part 4: Colorful decks from Legends  - Rome: Antony/Cleopatra decks, and Bowl-a-rama decks
Part 5: Creative decks from Legends  - Aquila deck, Jones Playing Cards, and Memento deck
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:20:03 AM by EndersGame »
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
I've subsequently posted another four part series of articles about Legends Playing Cards, focusing on comparing the different finishes they have available:

Part 1: Elite finish decks
Part 2: Emerald finish decks
Part 3: Classic finish decks
Part 4: Comparing all four finishes

I think that the final article which compares the four finishes will especially be of interest to people. 

One noteworthy fact that I've just learned directly from the publisher is that the Emerald Finish is going to be renamed as the JN Finish.  This Emerald/JN finish from Legends is identical to the JN finish produced by Expert Playing Cards.  The JN is of course a reference to the iconic Jerry's Nuggets.  The JN Finish cards are 0.1mm thinner than the Diamond Finish, and this finish is said to be the most similar in performance and feel to the famous Jerry's Nuggests Playing Cards.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=