You are Here:
What happened to Cardazine?

Author (Read 565 times)

What happened to Cardazine?
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:54:52 PM »

Chobee

• Newcomer
I am new to card collecting.  At first I was happy just pinning awesome art from decks I came across, but that has quickly devolved into frenzied acquisitions of amazing decks.  The very first deck that made me say, "I must make this mine!!" was the EXPLORE deck by Cardazine.  I was happy to find it on ebay for $5 (thank you pokerstud52) as well as the Seasons Pass deck, also $5- his second deck produced.  I just wanted to get more history on these cards. I tried reaching out on facebook (since the KS account was deleted). I have seen these decks in other people's collections, so I know there are more out there, but $5 seems super cheap for cards of this quality- was there an issue with production?

I love the art of both decks!
thanks for any info!

Re: What happened to Cardazine?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:15:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I am new to card collecting.  At first I was happy just pinning awesome art from decks I came across, but that has quickly devolved into frenzied acquisitions of amazing decks.  The very first deck that made me say, "I must make this mine!!" was the EXPLORE deck by Cardazine.  I was happy to find it on ebay for $5 (thank you pokerstud52) as well as the Seasons Pass deck, also $5- his second deck produced.  I just wanted to get more history on these cards. I tried reaching out on facebook (since the KS account was deleted). I have seen these decks in other people's collections, so I know there are more out there, but $5 seems super cheap for cards of this quality- was there an issue with production?

I love the art of both decks!
thanks for any info!

I can't rightfully say that I know what happened.  It's not easy to produce a high-caliber deck - many of the people who do find the challenge to be so great, that they might accomplish it once, perhaps even twice or thrice, before deciding they've had enough and moving on to other pursuits.  Some also simply move on because they lose interest and seek out other artistic challenges.  But as far as what happened to Cardazine specifically, I have no idea.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/