You are Here:
New collector and (hopefully) designer!

Author (Read 437 times)

New collector and (hopefully) designer!
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:40:03 PM »

fireshaper

• Forum Regular
Hello fellow card lovers!

I've always loved the look and feel of a deck of cards (and dice for that matter) but never really became a collector since my parents weren't a fan of needless spending. Two decks of cards were more than enough for a child in the 90s. My wife still could be a small roadblock to my deck collecting but as long as they are cool enough she will enjoy them too, haha.

I've recently got into vintage cards and cards from other countries, especially Italian cards. I've made one deck, just a poker sized deck of standard Italian playing cards based on the Napoletane images, but I would really like to design more, I'm just not an artist.

Anyway, I hope to enjoy myself here and read about your finds and ideas.

Re: New collector and (hopefully) designer!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 01:17:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome aboard, Fireshaper - you're in good company here.

If you poke around sites like DeviantArt and BeHance, you might stumble across an artist that shares your vision and is willing to do the art for your deck, perhaps even the design work.  But most artists aren't willing to do it free in hopes of making money off of a Kickstarter project later - they want payment!

Either way, best of luck on your project.

If you have any questions while you're poking around here, feel free to ask.  We're friendly and stopped biting the heads off of the newbies a long time ago!  (OK, maybe the occasional nibble, but we don't break the skin!)  :))

Kick off your shoes and make yourself comfortable.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: New collector and (hopefully) designer!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Welcome, there is a great community here. Its like being home for the holiday here, except without the drunk uncle and the food. But a lot of people having a good time with one another. :)
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.