vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:09:26 AM by vovkalex »

Re: Re: Arcanum playing cards
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:07 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Ouch!  You might want to reevaluate your price points... As it is now I dont see this getting funded.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:34:25 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:17:58 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Ouch!  You might want to reevaluate your price points... As it is now I dont see this getting funded.

This is a beautiful deck. I think it very likely will fund and these will be made. The price is a bit high though, I agree with you there. I think it may need to be high for fulfillment center shipping cost if he is going that route, given the low funding goal. Will be interesting to see. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:23:31 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran

This is a beautiful deck. I think it very likely will fund and these will be made. The price is a bit high though, I agree with you there. I think it may need to be high for fulfillment center shipping cost if he is going that route, given the low funding goal. Will be interesting to see. :)

I love this deck and i would love to see it made but I'm mostly referring to the tiers of pledges.  Their needs to be some smaller tiers. 1 deck and 2 deck tiers both limited and "non"limited.  And those grandiose tiers are kind of reaching especially for a first time developer. 

Also:  You might consider posting that you are live on kickstarter on the "Playing Card Plethora"  board. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:58:26 AM by Will W. »
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I confess: I'm tyred of skulls. But, I really like your project! Well done.
Keep up your good work.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:39:31 PM by ruicorreia »
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you for your support!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I like where this deck has come, but I am very concerned that you don't have a printer yet...
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
I like where this deck has come, but I am very concerned that you don't have a printer yet...

Yea I call that a red flag.  When a creator says "Most Likely"  and has a goal of $5000.  Looks like he is doing a tuck swap with the gold tuck box.  Plastic cards!  Good lord.  Does USPCC have a minimum.  I know a tuck swap is 1000.  I wonder if his LE decks are limited to 1000.  This guy needs to be a bit more transparent and hopefully he has some money in the bank.  $5000 seems a bit low for 2500 decks with possibly of some plastic decks.  Just saying.

Re: Arcanum Playing Cards [KS]
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This project is beyond simple "red flags."  It can't be made, especially at the goal that's stated.

Vovk, you've stated here that your printer is "most likely" going to be USPC.  A simple 2,500-deck print run with them, plus delivery to your backers, will run closer to $10,000-12,000, and that's a stingy estimate.  You're also offering plastic decks and mini decks, all for merely $5,000?

The only way you'll be able to get away with making this deck that cheap would be to use MPC, a manufacturer that isn't making cards in the USA.  As far as plastic decks and minis - even if you used USPC, they don't make their own minis; they farm out the work to a Chinese printer.  And their plastic decks would blow the lid off that goal of yours, sending it sky-high - plastic decks are EXPENSIVE TO MANUFACTURE.

I've seen exactly one custom plastic deck, and it didn't even use custom faces except for the Ace of Spades and the Jokers - that was the Karnival Death Heads Armour Edition, made in Vitoria, Spain by USPC subsidiary Heraclio Fournier.  They sold for $25 a pack, and weren't hot sellers.  Subtracting out the two paper decks you offer with it at the lowest tier it's available, you're offering it for $26 with US domestic shipping.  Seems a bit lowball to me.

There's so much here that doesn't add up, financially speaking, that i wouldn't touch this project with a forty-foot pole, no matter how gorgeous the cards may look.  If it funds, and only by a narrow-enough margin, you're going to either lose a huge amount of money or you're going to shortchange everyone who backs you, be it unintentionally out of inexperience and lack of knowledge or with intent because you're out to rip them off - none of these are pleasant alternatives.  Either that, or you lied about using USPC and are using some other printer as yet to be mentioned, in essence creating a bait-and-switch.

No matter how you slice it, this in its present state is a toxic project, doomed to fail even if it "succeeds."

Vovk, if you're serious about getting this made, shut it down now, get a printer and get someone to help you figure out the REAL costs involved in getting your decks made.  Make the plastic decks and mini decks STRETCH GOAL ADD-ONS, not part of the initial project goal, because it's hard enough to produce a single deck, never mind three.  Then, once you know the REAL costs of making a deck, make a project that's realistic in terms of the minimum cash needed to get it off the ground.  Without that ground work, this project is barely more than fiction.

BTW: you misused the word "triduum".  Its definition is "three consecutive days of religious celebrations leading to a feast" or at the least "three consecutive holidays."  It's most frequent use is in referring to the three days starting with the mass on the evening of Maundy Thursday, continuing through Good Friday and ending with evening prayer on Easter Sunday.

Hallow'een, or All Hallow's Eve, was originally the pagan holiday of Samhain.  The Roman Catholic Church moved All Saints' Day to November 1st and started the feast day at Vespers on the night before in order to co-opt the holiday from the pagans.  All Souls' Day follows on November 2nd.  Originally, there was a feast day for celebrating marytrs on May 13th, with the first record of its celebration recorded on 373 CE, though there are records of a similar day on different dates in different parts of Christiandom.  Under Pope Boniface in 609 it was changed to celebrate all martyrs, under Pope Gregory III at some point between 731 and 741, it was moved to November 1st to replace the May 13th feast day and under Pope Gregory IV in 837 it was expanded to include all saints as well as martyrs, becoming All Saints' Day.  The celebration period ends at the end of November 2nd on All Souls' Day, lasting just over two days - Halloween to this day is considered a pagan holiday, is not celebrated on Christian calendars and many Christians shun Halloween celebrations.

There's precedent for this with other holidays - the Catholic Church, having no accurate record of the exact date of the birth of Jesus Christ, moved the date to coincide with a Germanic Pagan 12-day holiday period called "Yuletide", replacing the first and last days of Yuletide with the birth of the Christ Child and the arrival of the Three Wise Men.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:21:33 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:30:57 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you Don for clarification.
We are thinking about it all now. We do not want to deceive anyone. We want people to get a good quality of our decks.

Thank you all very much for helping to create the project.
Special thanks to Don.
You all gave us a great service and we have purchased the invaluable experience.
We stopped collecting funds that would fix all the flaws.
We refused to release a mini packs and plastic.
Completing work on the second deck.
Reach an agreement with USPСС.
You will be aware of all the changes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:15:46 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 12:42:25 PM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
This deck is seriously epic and amazing, I certainly hope you relaunch, perhaps re-evaluate the rewards and maybe offer the mini decks as a stretch goal. (Also everything Don mentioned )
Gorgeous deck!

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you.
Try not to make the same mistakes.

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I can see you have put a lot of work into this deck vovkalex, amazing detail, well done. I will look forward to seeing the project return to KS.  :)

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
I love to spread rumors and I read this here.  http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5763

Firthetic  said "I pledged for this deck and received an email saying, "You Have Authorized a Payment to AlieN InK, Kickstarter, Inc.". This is the best deck from them so far, I'd say."

If that is true, I have to agree.  It's a good deck, but I do have to agree with MigikFingerz.  The courts are to small.  It was said a couple of times, but they never changed it.  Might be artistic in nature....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:20:47 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 02:29:57 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you all for your comments. It is very useful to read them. I am new on kickstarter. So did a lot of mistakes. I plan to return to the amendments. Once again thank you all for your experience.

Here is our partner in the USA. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alienink/the-elements-playing-cards?ref=category
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:16:35 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You're partnered with Alien Ink - or is it Alien Slink?  It's hard to tell, he's used both.  It's not a partnership I'd recommend.  He's never managed to successfully raise enough funds for a USPC project, preferring to work with less-expensive, lower-quality printers.  His later projects were actually not bad in terms of the art.  There have been people in the past who complained about not getting their decks from his first project.

He's also the guy who notoriously held a deck project where NONE of the art was ever revealed on the project pages.  Potential backers were expected to take it on faith that they'd like the deck he was producing.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 10:42:11 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Hi, Don.
"Alien Ink - or is it Alien Slink" as we found out - it's the same thing.
We stopped with him to cooperate with him.
Don, could you advise someone?
We are from Kiev, Ukraine. For this reason, we can not self-register for an account. According to the rules kickstarter.
We need a partner with the account. He will make the payment of production of playing cards and is responsible for delivering.
Thank you.

EDIT: White Arcanum.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:18:28 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Well hell Don cut this guy a deal.  Advise him for a good price.  He has a good deck it just needs a good tweak here and there.  Plz no $2000 pledges.  This is your perfect opportunity to do what you do best...

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Once again thank you all for your support.
We continue to work.

The back side of card Arcanum white.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:20:14 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I really like the white. I think it makes the gold color pop in a very nice way. :)

I noticed your campaign was stopped. I hope things get sorted out and you're able to progress. These are very nice.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 09:48:10 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you for your support and understanding.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:24:08 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
@vovkalex - Nice red in the Joker.  It makes it pop out.  You definitely have a Major and minor Joker...

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 04:05:03 AM »

vovkalex

• Forum Regular
  • TDS
Thank you for your support and understanding.
We came to an agreement with Gamblers Warehouse.
Now we will make the necessary changes making the background pattern a little lighter, which you write.

If you wish to  PDF Uncut Sheet Arcanum black or white  PDF Arcanum Uncut Sheet email us arcanumtds@gmail.com.

This joker is better? More red.

AT THE BOTTOM: Which is better?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:29:27 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
#1 looks the best to me.  Also the red looks good in the joker and i like the white just as much as the black.
- Jose Bedia