You are Here:
Jetsetter Playing Cards (KS)

Author (Read 20790 times)

Re: Jetsetter Playing Cards - Now live on KS
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Project has reached over 105% funded with 5 days left. If you haven't check out Jetsetter Playing Cards yet... here's your chance.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulruccio/jetsetter-playing-cards-printed-by-legends-playing
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
www.jetsetterplayingcards.com
- - - - -
High-class products and playing cards for the aviation, travel, and playing card enthusiasts around the globe.

Re: Jetsetter Playing Cards - Now live on KS
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
It's been a while since I've swung by to post. Thought I'd take a moment to provide an update regarding Jetsetter Playing Cards...

Physical proofs are en route from LPCC for review and approval. Once approved the playing cards will be moving to production. I ended up adding a couple "features" or accents to the tuck case. Nothing crazy. Very simple but will be a nice touch and unexpected. The campaign on Kickstarter ended up being really successful. The majority of the decks were accounted for directly through the Kickstarter campaign. Although there will be residual decks available directly from my site and a couple other options, the availability will be limited. I'm really excited to finally see these land in everyone's hands.

Until next time...
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -
High-class products and playing cards for the aviation, travel, and playing card enthusiasts around the globe.

Re: Jetsetter Playing Cards (KS)
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks for the update, Paul!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This is one similar, minimal deck that i'm really looking forward to. It's done very nicely IMO. I like the shade of green used too.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This is one similar, minimal deck that i'm really looking forward to. It's done very nicely IMO. I like the shade of green used too.

Hmm...  The design is simple, but not really minimal.  That term's been tossed around a lot lately, and not always correctly applied.  The individual planes in the design are minimal of themselves, but the pattern of so many of them together is considered more simple than minimal.  A single large plane taking the entire card back - would be minimal; a single tiny plane in the center would be even more so, but not dozens of planes arranged in a neat pattern.

Forgive me if I'm being pedantic about this.  "Minimal" is rapidly climbing the list of deck-design clichés, joining the ranks of steampunk, Lovecraftian mythos, zombies, Alice in Wonderland, etc.  This deck doesn't belong on that list.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:11:03 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Do you have any hairs left to split? ;) Bet you're as bald as me lol
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Just to clarify - that wasn't implying you are receding or even bald, ive no idea - it was a reference to your love of "splitting hairs" :)
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 03:22:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just to clarify - that wasn't implying you are receding or even bald, ive no idea - it was a reference to your love of "splitting hairs" :)

Shaved - been losing hair since my teens.

Yes, I tend to split hairs, but it's worth it in this case.  The Jetsetter deck shouldn't be lumped in with all the other "minimal" designs.  It's more original.

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I'm pretty sure my post was more complimentary than to "lump in with the others". Anyway, we can agree to disagree. :)
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
For me this deck is more simple, than it is "minimal" -- for me minimal is when back designs are pretty plain in that they aren't "busy". For example, the Madison Rounders, the Wynn logo decks, etc. The use of only 3 colours on the faces is also something that makes Madison Rounders very much minimal.

I think the Jetsetter back design is very much comparable to something like the Smithback No 2 that CARC did -- a repeating pattern, with a hybrid border.

Anyway, minimal or not, this is a deck that I'm looking looking forward to receiving! :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Thanks guys! It means a lot to see that everyone is looking forward to receiving these. I've been pretty excited myself. I'm actually about to catch a plane home and in high hopes that the physical proofs are waiting for me. If not, they'll probably arrive next week and I'll be able to review and approve them when I get home next week.

As soon as I review, approve, and update all the other backers on Kickstarter. I'll be sure to post some photos of the proofs.

Time to board the plane... literally...

Thanks again for all the support!
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2015, 01:29:47 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Here's sneak peek of the Jetsetter Playing Cards tuck cases (see attached).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:39:23 PM by PaulRuccio »
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
That tuck looks freakin' awesome!

It's turned out twice as good as expected. I'm not kicking myself for not pledging for 6 more decks!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »

MrVamp

• 52 Plus Joker Member
Nice tuckbox, indeed. The back embossing looks great.

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
That tuck looks freakin' awesome!

It's turned out twice as good as expected. I'm not kicking myself for not pledging for 6 more decks!

Thank you, JJ. I'm really happy with how the tuck case looks and feels. It's simple, the features are subtle, and it give a really classy vibe. I cannot wait to see the actual finished product.

Nice tuckbox, indeed. The back embossing looks great.

Thank you! I'm really digging the results. The embossing isn't really embossing at all. It's UV spot ink. It really made the deck fit the jetsetter-style theme.

Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2015, 01:38:45 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
In case you need something to hold you over until the decks are printed and delivered... vintage Jetsetter Playing Cards tee shirts are available for a limited time... teespring.com/jetsetter-playing-cards-vtg (see attached too)

Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2015, 02:10:28 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Great news! Fulfillment (directly from LPCC) will officially start the week of July 6th. The first two decks from production were pulled and they're en route to me now. Pretty excited.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 02:10:50 PM by Paul Ruccio »
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2015, 10:09:46 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Excellent news! :D

I always take a few decks with me whenever I'm travelling. Well, the next time I'm travelling via air, Jetsetter will be the cards I'll be shuffling throughout the journey.

This is one of the few decks where I like absolutely everything... and so I'm genuinely excited about receiving them next month :D

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Excellent news! :D

I always take a few decks with me whenever I'm travelling. Well, the next time I'm travelling via air, Jetsetter will be the cards I'll be shuffling throughout the journey.

This is one of the few decks where I like absolutely everything... and so I'm genuinely excited about receiving them next month :D

Thank you for the tremendous support. I cannot wait until the two decks get here. I'm guessing I'll have them in my hands on Wednesday or Thursday - they were just processed through the NYC sort facility. I'll be sure to post some photos when they arrive.

Glad you'll be bringing Jetsetter Playing Cards next time you travel by air. Please share photos if you do! I cannot wait to see these go everywhere.
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 10:18:59 AM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Fulfillment by LPCC has started and should be completed by the end of the week. Looking forward to seeing them land in everyone's hands. Enjoy!
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 02:24:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Fulfillment by LPCC has started and should be completed by the end of the week. Looking forward to seeing them land in everyone's hands. Enjoy!

I have to say, I've really enjoyed these cards.  You chose a GREAT shade of red for the red suits, and the stock is excellent.

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I have to say, I've really enjoyed these cards.  You chose a GREAT shade of red for the red suits, and the stock is excellent.

Thank you, Don! Glad you're enjoying them. I love how they came out. Very pleased with the results. I greatly appreciate the support here and on Kickstarter. Couldn't have done it without everyone's support.

Now, I'm hoping to build Jetsetter Playing Cards out as a brand. I've sold 34 tee shirts so far (teespring.com/jetsetter-playing-cards-vtg) which is giving me the gut feeling that Jetsetter Playing Cards could morph into their own brand. I should send you a DM sometime soon to give you a heads up on potential future plans. Could get interesting...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:01:16 AM by Paul Ruccio »
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2015, 11:51:37 AM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Received an update from LPCC last night... all decks of Jetsetter Playing Cards have been officially shipped. Keep checking that mailbox!
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2015, 03:27:00 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Received an update from LPCC last night... all decks of Jetsetter Playing Cards have been officially shipped. Keep checking that mailbox!

Sad I missed this KS, really love this deck, and those tuckes are stellar! Any plans to sell after the project? Or is the resale market my best bet?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Sad I missed this KS, really love this deck, and those tuckes are stellar! Any plans to sell after the project? Or is the resale market my best bet?

Thank you! The tuck really did come out great. It feels very classy. I'm gearing up to launch the website sometime next month. No set date right now but you'll have the chance to purchase some decks. Stay tuned for more information.
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
- - - - -