• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
oh thanks for clarifying that  ;) I haven't tried palme edition yet  :P

Back for more

Re: LEGENDS PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 12:11:13 PM »

JackofDiamonds

• Twitter:
Its actually a bit surprising to me that Elite would last longer with all other things equal, seeing as there is a somewhat more noticeable tooth to the embossing. Thank you for your quick reply!

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:46 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
Since this is the Official Topic for Legends, I figured it would be appropriate to cross-post links to a five-part series of feature articles about Legends Playing Card Company that I've posted here on PlayingCardForum, including detailed reviews of almost a dozen of their decks.  The first article may especially be of interest, because it details the origin of the company, the services they offer, and explains and reviews the quality of their range of playing card finishes.

Here are links to the entire series of articles:

Part 1: Introducing Legends Playing Card Company - Legendary playing cards
Part 2: Inhouse decks from Legends - Legends #202 Egyptian Edition, Legends #098 Persian Edition, and Legends Digital Petroglyphs
Part 3: Classy decks from Legends  - LUXX Greille deck, and Don Quixote Vol 1 deck
Part 4: Colorful decks from Legends  - Rome: Antony/Cleopatra decks, and Bowl-a-rama decks
Part 5: Creative decks from Legends  - Aquila deck, Jones Playing Cards, and Memento deck
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:20:03 AM by EndersGame »
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
I've subsequently posted another four part series of articles about Legends Playing Cards, focusing on comparing the different finishes they have available:

Part 1: Elite finish decks
Part 2: Emerald finish decks
Part 3: Classic finish decks
Part 4: Comparing all four finishes

I think that the final article which compares the four finishes will especially be of interest to people. 

One noteworthy fact that I've just learned directly from the publisher is that the Emerald Finish is going to be renamed as the JN Finish.  This Emerald/JN finish from Legends is identical to the JN finish produced by Expert Playing Cards.  The JN is of course a reference to the iconic Jerry's Nuggets.  The JN Finish cards are 0.1mm thinner than the Diamond Finish, and this finish is said to be the most similar in performance and feel to the famous Jerry's Nuggests Playing Cards.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=