« Reply #1225 on: July 04, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »

fenderdemon

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • Raymond Williams

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
(continued...)

I've been trying to snag a couple of those decks off of eBay. No luck thus far.

Re: Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions
« Reply #1226 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »

fenderdemon

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • Raymond Williams

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Here is mine

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17X4lF6Mr8EaXIjYk0om3vnVqYTxyFlWZON3IRsiwvuY/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

I do trades time to time
I'll work on a short vid.

Note to Self: Create a spreadsheet of decks..!!! 😉

« Reply #1227 on: July 07, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

« Reply #1228 on: July 07, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »

fenderdemon

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • Raymond Williams

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

« Reply #1229 on: July 07, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I really love the P52 concept, I would love to see them revamp some of the utility of it though, I would love to get more consistant images and labels on the images for editions/differences etc. I wish I could get access and go in and update it all =P
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #1230 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:18 AM »

Chuqii

• Standard Moderators
  • Discourse Veteran
These came in yesterday.  My first Kickstarter project!  (I'm in trouble now :)
Check out my decks for sale on eBay, and contact me directly for discounts. https://www.ebay.com/sch/clahobo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Check out a bunch of my collection over on my  UnitedCardists Show Us Your Cards thread: https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6900

« Reply #1231 on: July 18, 2016, 03:35:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
These came in yesterday.  My first Kickstarter project!  (I'm in trouble now :)

Indeed you are!  There's a lot of amazing work being offered on Kickstarter - it's worth checking out.  I can't keep up with it all, personally - I love it, but my budget only gets me so far!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #1232 on: July 18, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »

Kruser

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • Erlanger or Bust!!
Kickstarter is where my card addiction really took root ...

With the help of therapy and counselling, I've become much more selective in backing projects!

The final RAVN product looks great - especially the embossing.  I didn't back this deck, though I've backed other Stockholm 17 campaigns.  The mini-decks were hard to resist - kids love 'em!

Congratulations!

Kruser
"The mind is like a parachute - It works best when it's open." - Frank Zappa

« Reply #1233 on: August 08, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I haven't posted anything on this thread in months. My bad, busy happens but since I had the lights up with nothing to do until my afternoon today I took a few decks off a few shelves and grabbed a few quick snaps of random stuff. Different shelves so there's different stuff. I think everything is new since the last photo I posted here, with exception of the Vandas. I just felt like grabbing a photo of those for you. :))

For those who didn't pick up a Nocturne Deck. A lot of character and humor in the text of the tuck. Made me laugh, it's a worthwhile tuck. The cards are what you would expect for a deck that's not intended to do anything other than raise a few bucks for a film, nothing to write home about although the back design is pretty great for what it's purpose is. There is no real bar code on the tuck of Nocturne, it's a joke instead. so I'm thinking they probably won't have any for resale. Most likely a promo item at a film festival or some such thing. A lot of fun.

I was one of the lucky ones who, while received a very poor packed internationally shipped envelope, didn't have complete destruction when my Infinite Collision decks arrived. They've just been collided with many, many times en route haha. They are as you see. Still haven't popped into them and I may not for some time, the seals are barely on as it is. Monsoon season effects things in spectacular ways here and they're gummy as gummy gets. I'll wait until we dry out to do any tuck popping so the seals, hopefully, stay on the tuck. I wonder why the tucks are so big, they're like a XL sweater on someone who should be wearing medium haha. They're great and I see the wear from their long journey as character.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #1234 on: August 16, 2016, 07:22:31 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

NOC v3 Summer, dont know why no shop in USA that i know selling these, or why HOPC still keep silent

« Reply #1235 on: August 18, 2016, 05:15:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
NOC v3 Summer, dont know why no shop in USA that i know selling these, or why HOPC still keep silent

They were a limited-time offer from what, last summer?  Or was it the summer before?  Just like the light blue Crown deck - here today, gone tomorrow, likely never to return.

« Reply #1236 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

beat me haha, but need to correct than this is v3s - thinner stock and faro better, not v3. also now playingcards.net sells them for 10usd each

« Reply #1237 on: August 23, 2016, 02:02:16 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
After searching for over a year I finally got these decks on my hand  :D

This deck was mentioned by Don a while back, and after looking at the old Kickstarter project I love the theme deck.

Can't wait to open 1 tonight  ;D
Back for more

« Reply #1238 on: August 23, 2016, 04:27:16 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

This deck was mentioned by Don a while back, and after looking at the old Kickstarter project I love the theme deck.

There's an entire website that goes with the deck, explaining every single card's story...

I actually gave my deck to my elder stepson a couple of years ago.  They're VERY rare, hard to obtain.  Not terribly high quality in terms of performance, but it's an art deck - you don't buy art decks for their glide and ease of shuffling.

« Reply #1239 on: August 23, 2016, 05:19:38 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

There's an entire website that goes with the deck, explaining every single card's story...

I actually gave my deck to my elder stepson a couple of years ago.  They're VERY rare, hard to obtain.  Not terribly high quality in terms of performance, but it's an art deck - you don't buy art decks for their glide and ease of shuffling.

I did checked the website previously, but it is no longer available now.
I am not expecting this to be performance deck, but I really love the artworks  ;)
Back for more

« Reply #1240 on: August 25, 2016, 08:53:32 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

Gratz! ..............my hunt continues  :)

« Reply #1241 on: October 01, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »

Wild Joker

• True Member
I know my collection (if you can call it that) is probably not as impressive as what most people here have, but then again, I'm just not as much of a collector as I was when I was younger.

But, at any rate, as I previously mentioned, the first time I bought a deck of cards was about eight years ago, and I just needed a deck for a party - I was already at Party City getting supplies, and a dollar store was right next door, so I grabbed a deck of Classic by Cartamundi. A year later, I misplaced the deck, so I decided to grab a pair of Bicycle decks at Walmart, and it was then I realized what real playing cards are like. Even more years after that, I found Bee decks after only seeing them in older shows and movies, and I liked them even more (the way they appear on film doesn't do the cards justice). Since then, I'll grab a deck if it peaks my interest, and now, here's what I have:

So, here's my personal rundown of the decks I have:

Least Favorites:
Overall Deck
Streamline. I know Don said some nice things about them recently in another thread, but I clearly got the short end of the stick with this Chinese-made, Canadian imported deck: they plastic coating is terrible (and smelly), the handling is poor, and the design is just wonky.

Design
At the risk of running it into the ground . . . once again, Streamline. The pips look like they belong on cheap, off-brand decks; the face cards look stoned and are poorly printed; the back design is so-so, but I do like the shade of blue. Aviator to a lesser extent for its back design - it's plain (no pun intended) and simple, but it's not horrible.

Ace of Spades
That distinction also goes to Streamline: it's just too bland and plain.

Handling
Classic and Streamline tie because they're plastic decks, which I don't particularly care for in comparison to paper decks: they don't really fan, spread, or shuffle well at all. Less pressing for my Limited Edition Ace and Hoyle decks, mainly because their stocks are so thin and flimsy, they clearly won't hold up in the long run.

Most Favorites:
Handling
Aviator. Even though it doesn't have that nice air-pocketed finish like Bicycle's Air Cushion or Bee's Cambric, the smooth and slick finish it does have makes it excellent for handling: fans, faros, spreads, and shuffles great.

Ace of Spades
Bee. I always love an AoS where the design takes up almost the entire card, and when the design is also very distinct and eye-catching, and Bee's AoS meets both of those criteria.

Design
For back design, Limited Edition Ace: the two-color back design just pops, and I also like biplanes, so that catches me as well (I will say the face design is better than other Cartamundi decks). For face design, just USPC Standard in general. I have a special place in my heart for Bicycle's standard Rider Back.

Overall Deck
Bee. When it comes to regular use, Bee is definitely the way to go - the sturdy stock and air-pocketed finish makes for durable playable playing cards, and the diamond back design is a nice change of pace from your typical bordered designs.

« Reply #1242 on: October 02, 2016, 05:28:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So, here's my personal rundown of the decks I have:

Least Favorites:
Overall Deck
Streamline. I know Don said some nice things about them recently in another thread, but I clearly got the short end of the stick with this Chinese-made, Canadian imported deck: they plastic coating is terrible (and smelly), the handling is poor, and the design is just wonky.

Design
At the risk of running it into the ground . . . once again, Streamline. The pips look like they belong on cheap, off-brand decks; the face cards look stoned and are poorly printed; the back design is so-so, but I do like the shade of blue. Aviator to a lesser extent for its back design - it's plain (no pun intended) and simple, but it's not horrible.

Ace of Spades
That distinction also goes to Streamline: it's just too bland and plain.

Handling
Classic and Streamline tie because they're plastic decks, which I don't particularly care for in comparison to paper decks: they don't really fan, spread, or shuffle well at all. Less pressing for my Limited Edition Ace and Hoyle decks, mainly because their stocks are so thin and flimsy, they clearly won't hold up in the long run.

Most Favorites:
Handling
Aviator. Even though it doesn't have that nice air-pocketed finish like Bicycle's Air Cushion or Bee's Cambric, the smooth and slick finish it does have makes it excellent for handling: fans, faros, spreads, and shuffles great.

Ace of Spades
Bee. I always love an AoS where the design takes up almost the entire card, and when the design is also very distinct and eye-catching, and Bee's AoS meets both of those criteria.

Design
For back design, Limited Edition Ace: the two-color back design just pops, and I also like biplanes, so that catches me as well (I will say the face design is better than other Cartamundi decks). For face design, just USPC Standard in general. I have a special place in my heart for Bicycle's standard Rider Back.

Overall Deck
Bee. When it comes to regular use, Bee is definitely the way to go - the sturdy stock and air-pocketed finish makes for durable playable playing cards, and the diamond back design is a nice change of pace from your typical bordered designs.

Streamline cards made in China are terrible.  Streamline cards made in Erlanger, KY are pretty good, actually - on par with Aviator in feel and both Aviator and Bicycle in quality.

The Ace of Spades is plain - but streamlined, as the name indicates!  It was a popular 1950s/1960s graphic style.  As far as the faces, they're Arrco standard, which USPC inherited when they bought Arrco - Arrco, Arrco Tahoe, Studs, Play-Right and the Crown decks all use the Arrco standard face.  For custom decks, USPC charges less to use them - they're not as widespread and a bit old-fashioned looking to some.

Lastly, Streamlines aren't plastic.  The old ones were plastic-coated, but still made of paper.  ALL playing cards used to be plastic coated, and many still are.  Newer US-made decks aren't because of laws requiring eco-friendly manufacturing, but the coatings used by the best and worst manufacturers out there outside of the US all use some variety of plastic for the most part, unless they followed USPC's example and started using starch-based coatings.

« Reply #1243 on: October 03, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »

Wild Joker

• True Member
If I managed to get a Streamline deck that was actually made in Erlanger, my opinion probably wouldn't be as poor as it is - if they handle and feel similar to Aviator, as you say, my opinion would probably be a little bit higher. Makes me wonder though, when it comes to design and such, do the pips differ on U.S.-made Streamlines from China-made? The reason I ask is because there's certainly a difference with Cartamundi's pips: my Classic deck (China) has rather chunky spades, really pointy diamonds, clubs with odd spaces inbetween the cloverleaves, and lanky shapeless hearts; Limited Edition Ace (U.S.A.) has better looking pips, though they're a tad smaller in terms of print size.

I also forgot to mention that Aviator's AoS is rather distinct as well: I know the horizontal lines are supposed to be jet stream/chemtrails, but somehow the AoS design, to me, looks like looking through at a giant spade through venetian blinds.

I'm still debating whether or not I should grab a couple of Mavericks from Big Lots, but the bad rep they get really convinces me not to even bother with them.

« Reply #1244 on: October 04, 2016, 04:08:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If I managed to get a Streamline deck that was actually made in Erlanger, my opinion probably wouldn't be as poor as it is - if they handle and feel similar to Aviator, as you say, my opinion would probably be a little bit higher. Makes me wonder though, when it comes to design and such, do the pips differ on U.S.-made Streamlines from China-made? The reason I ask is because there's certainly a difference with Cartamundi's pips: my Classic deck (China) has rather chunky spades, really pointy diamonds, clubs with odd spaces inbetween the cloverleaves, and lanky shapeless hearts; Limited Edition Ace (U.S.A.) has better looking pips, though they're a tad smaller in terms of print size.

I also forgot to mention that Aviator's AoS is rather distinct as well: I know the horizontal lines are supposed to be jet stream/chemtrails, but somehow the AoS design, to me, looks like looking through at a giant spade through venetian blinds.

I'm still debating whether or not I should grab a couple of Mavericks from Big Lots, but the bad rep they get really convinces me not to even bother with them.

The US-made Streamlines and Chinese-made Streamlines (and the old Spanish-made Streamlines) all have the same Arrco standard faces on them.

I know what you mean about the Aviator Ace of Spades - sleek, minimal and everything that traditional Aces of Spades aren't.

Mavericks are cheap-ass dollar-store decks made in China, the worst product in USPC's line.  Fine if you want to have them just for the design or something pretty to look at or whatever, but don't expect anything exceptional or great about them in any way beyond that.  They're barely playable, perfect for that night of poker with the perpetually-drunk bros who keep spilling beer on the cards.  If you like cards for performance or quality, you're better off drawing pictures of cards on paper towels...

« Reply #1245 on: October 05, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »

Wild Joker

• True Member
Mavericks are cheap-ass dollar-store decks made in China, the worst product in USPC's line.  Fine if you want to have them just for the design or something pretty to look at or whatever, but don't expect anything exceptional or great about them in any way beyond that.
Yeah, that's pretty much the purpose my Limited Edition Ace already serve. Yeah, I think I'll definitely pass on Maverick.
If you like cards for performance or quality, you're better off drawing pictures of cards on paper towels...
I could draw a Queen of Hearts that looks like Grace Kelly on a napkin. :P

« Reply #1246 on: December 09, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »

akicer

Recently bought a white version of sons of liberty playing cards, will post some photo and comments when I collect all three of the sons of liberty decks!

« Reply #1247 on: December 22, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »

lovenugget2003

First time share cards here...
The Glamor Nugget

« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

Wild Joker

• True Member
I've added a few new additions to my arsenal since my previous posts (of which I see I'll have to modify, now that Photobucket has screwed everybody over):

But, since I already went into detail about the bulk of my decks in previous posts, I'm just going to concentrate on my newer additions:

Now, when I started buying playing cards, USPC had already changed Bicycle Rider Back to Standard, so when I found Rider Back decks in a grocery store, I wasn't sure if these were the real-deal - like backstock that hadn't been sold yet, or possibly fakes, since I know Bikes (and Bees) are victims of counterfeiters. Nevertheless, I figured I'd grab them anyway, but never intended on opening the seals. After some inquiring, Don was able to identify these as not Bike's standard 808 deck, but rather their 807 deck made specifically for magicians who prefered the classic box design. Still don't think I'll open them, though.

The Maverick decks I was advised against by a few on this forum for their low quality (especially since USPC moved to Kentucky), but I suppose I was a glutton for punishment, and since Walmart had them at the dirt cheap price of 88 cents each, I figured I could afford to throw money away over that. So, I have to say that IMHO, these Maverick decks are really not too different from the Streamline deck I have in terms of quality and handling . . . but I think I'd venture to say that I think the Maverick decks are actually better than the Streamline deck, if only by design: the Hoyle royalty is certainly a lot more pleasant to look at than Streamline's eye-sore royalty, but that's just me.

This SEINFELD Festivus deck was a gift I had gotten for my birthday this year, because I'm a SEINFELD fan and am apparently a playing card collector now, lol. The deck is cool and all, and I like the royalty design, but I'm not sure this is an officially licensed product: it's by a Canadian company called Aquarius, and the deck is made in China; the cards themselves have a very thin and flimsy stock that you can actually see through, but have the dimpled finish you've come to expert from Bikes and Bees; and while the overall artwork is nice, the use of characters look like low-quality JPEGs that were simply Photoshopped in (especially very telling with the shot of Frank Costanza on the front of the box, and the backs of the cards). Because of their flimsiness, I'm not sure I would use this deck for any kind of gameplay, but like with my Limited Edition Ace deck, I'd say this is pretty nice for looks.

The Bicycle Stargazer deck I just recently picked up, and it's beautiful: the artwork is amazing, the dark-colored cards with the lit royalty is a nice contrast, and the handling is great - they spread and fan perhaps the best out of all the decks I have. Definitely worth the purchase!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:04:43 PM by Wild Joker »

« Reply #1249 on: April 02, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »

lovenugget2003

I love the playing card boxset
anyone also like this kind of set?