You are Here:
Red Eyes Playing Cards (Redesigned)

Author (Read 1384 times)

Red Eyes Playing Cards (Redesigned)
« on: July 28, 2016, 02:06:16 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular
Hola Amigos!

Some of you have heard of this campaign that got cancelled midway : http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=8656.msg117941#msg117941

AV designed the original deck for a young man named Jonathan Pieper. Although the concept was brilliant in my opinion, I did notice a few flaws.

Good news is, Jonathan gave Adrian and I total control over the deck. It is ours to do whatever changes we want and launch it on Kickstarter by ourselves. For now I leave you the new and improved back design  :D

And don't worry, the court cards will not have faces of people you've never met  ::)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:27:57 PM by Jay Losa »

Re: Red Eyes Playing Cards (Redesigned)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:04:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hola Amigos!

Some of you have heard of this campaign that got cancelled midway : http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=8656.msg117941#msg117941

AV designed the original deck for a young man named Jonathan Pieper. Although the concept was brilliant in my opinion, I did notice a few flaws.

Good news is, Jonathan gave Adrian and I total control over the deck. It is ours to do whatever changes we want and launch it on Kickstarter by ourselves. For now I leave you the new and improved back design  :D

And don't worry, the court cards will not have faces of people you've never met  ::)

It's a simple yet "eye-catching" design, no pun intended.  I'd say keep it fairly traditional and market it as a magician's deck - it has great potential for such an application.  If you're interested, you can talk to me about a method for creating a marked version that's reasonably subtle and functional...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 11:19:29 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
In the previous design, Ace of Diamonds has a large eye in the centre of a diamond - providing a definite association to the back design. Curious to see if you keep this (and what you do with the other Aces) :)

I like the frame (and straight corners) around the new back design - looking forward to seeing more!
*wave*

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 11:46:27 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular
It's a simple yet "eye-catching" design, no pun intended.  I'd say keep it fairly traditional and market it as a magician's deck - it has great potential for such an application.  If you're interested, you can talk to me about a method for creating a marked version that's reasonably subtle and functional...

The marking does sound like a great idea  :D and as for traditional... Well we have somewhat completed the project and there's nothing traditional about it per say ;D

I let AV run wild with this one (micro managing a few things here and there) and overall, I'm content with how it looks. I'll post some more pictures soon

In the previous design, Ace of Diamonds has a large eye in the centre of a diamond - providing a definite association to the back design. Curious to see if you keep this (and what you do with the other Aces) :)

I like the frame (and straight corners) around the new back design - looking forward to seeing more!
*wave*

Thank you my friend :) We honored the original idea with the ace of diamond and will keep all other aces standard, to be honest with you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:53:16 PM by Jay Losa »

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »

Jay Losa

• Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:54:43 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I'll quote myself from my UC post in case you don't see it there.

You may want to list what you project the overall length and width of the tuck will be on your KS page. That may help out some folks the render gives the illusion of it being much thicker than a standard tuck and may lead them to think it's a five inches long.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 04:09:58 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'll quote myself from my UC post in case you don't see it there.

You may want to list what you project the overall length and width of the tuck will be on your KS page. That may help out some folks the render gives the illusion of it being much thicker than a standard tuck and may lead them to think it's a five inches long.

It's more like roughly four inches long, when you think about it...  I don't know if the tuck will help or hurt the project.  It's a novelty, to be sure, but will it be more convenient or less?  Time will tell.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/