You are Here:
Does anyone have any information about this Circle Back deck?

Author (Read 659 times)

MrSlaybury

So, I saw these on eBay and thought they were part of the series put out by Aloys Studio a few years ago that also included 5 other colors.  The pictures were limited, so I messaged the seller and had him clarify that they were not produced by Aloys Studio.  I wasn't interested in that particular deck.  He told me they were produced by a different overseas company.

So I bought them, and upon receiving the deck today, and comparing it to a review by VJose32, they appear to be the very deck I was told it wasn't!  Before I contact the seller about a return, I just wanted to triple check.  I'm pretty upset, especially considering the seller appears to be pretty big time, even having some of his own decks produced under the name "Merz67".

To me, the gold seal and the way the corners fade away on the back of the tuck are dead giveaways these are the Aloys deck.  Thanks for any info.  And if this is the deck I was told it wasn't, I'd steer clear away from that seller.  Either he is completely clueless, or straight up lied to me.  I feel as though it's the latter!

Re: Does anyone have any information about this Circle Back deck?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So, I saw these on eBay and thought they were part of the series put out by Aloys Studio a few years ago that also included 5 other colors.  The pictures were limited, so I messaged the seller and had him clarify that they were not produced by Aloys Studio.  I wasn't interested in that particular deck.  He told me they were produced by a different overseas company.

So I bought them, and upon receiving the deck today, and comparing it to a review by VJose32, they appear to be the very deck I was told it wasn't!  Before I contact the seller about a return, I just wanted to triple check.  I'm pretty upset, especially considering the seller appears to be pretty big time, even having some of his own decks produced under the name "Merz67".

To me, the gold seal and the way the corners fade away on the back of the tuck are dead giveaways these are the Aloys deck.  Thanks for any info.  And if this is the deck I was told it wasn't, I'd steer clear away from that seller.  Either he is completely clueless, or straight up lied to me.  I feel as though it's the latter!

The date and the appearance seem to coincide with the runs that Aloys Studios made, but don't quote me on that.  There's not too many people "overseas" making Tally Ho decks besides Aloys Studios.

Merz67, a.k.a. Bill Merz, has kind of a mixed track record as a seller with some people.  I've personally never had a problem with him, but I've heard of damaged merchandise, bait-and-switch and poor customer service.  I think the decks that he designs himself and has printed with USPC are absolutely terrible and I avoid them like bubonic plague, but this isn't one of them to my knowledge.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Does anyone have any information about this Circle Back deck?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

Your deck is Reversed White from Aloys.it's exactly the same with the one in my set. Never trust 100% buyer, i once time contacted USPC asking question about an "oversea" Tally Ho, a staff confirmed through email that it was made by USPC. But when i check with the shop that sold me, the owner had told me he printed it himself, a counterfeit/tribute deck, not USPC