You are Here:
"Carat" Acrylic Deck Display Case

Author (Read 2667 times)

"Carat" Acrylic Deck Display Case
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:41 AM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Here is the new acrylic single deck display case that have been working with a manufacturer here in China to produce. I wanted to give forum members the opportunity to purchase them before they are sold elsewhere. As I only have limited supplies (approx. 400 cases) at the moment, there will be restrictions on the orders:
1. A minimum number of 5 pieces need to be ordered
2. The maximum number of pieces per person is 25
3. Shipping is currently only planned for the US via USPS...if you are based outside of the US, contact me and we can determine what is the most cost effective way to ship (either from US or China).

The specifics to the cases are as follows:

Dimensions:
Inner - W 6.8cm x H 9.3cm x D 2.0cm or W 2 11/16 in x H 3 5/8 in x D 1 3/16 in
Outer - W 7.8cm x H10.3cm x D 3.0cm or W 3 1/16 in x H 4 in x D 1 1/4 in
Weight - 130g (4.6oz)
Materials - 0.5cm (1/4 in) thick acrylic sheet & neodymium magnets
Features - lid held in place by magnets...holds well, but easy to change decks

Prices are as follows (in USD):

5 - 10 pieces @ 8.00 each
11 - 15 pieces @ 7.75 each
16 - 20 pieces @ 7.50 each
21 - 25 pieces @ 7.25 each

EDIT - I HAVE RE-CALCULATED COSTS AND HAVE DECIDED TO PROVIDE FREE US SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS...I will subsidise International shipping based on quantity ordered.

Please send me PMs as I may not check this thread regularly.

P.S. Special thanks to Kai (Volantangel) for supplying the awesome pictures of the case
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:42:00 AM by Cardfool »

Re: "Carat" Acrylic Deck Display Case
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
Repost of mine from UC, but sharing here too.  Bottom line, totally recommended if you like this display method.  Personally I have mine worked out differently, but this would be good for a select few or as display method as an alternate tuck for those without one.

Got mine today, well packaged with bubble wrap, but would have preferred in a mailing box instead of cardboard document envelope.  Arrived undamaged though, bubble wrap did the job and I imagine the acrylic is pretty resilient anyhow so not really an issue.  Crazy fast shipping too!

I also am pleased with the magnet strength, it's the perfect amount of cling factor.  I put a few decks in them and also am using some as pseudo-tucks for a few decks that don't have one.  The extra room allows the cards to bounce around if handled much, but I just set on a shelf standing in vertical display mode so not a big deal.  I also included in the upper arc those decks that I would have liked to fit, but don't fit the dimensions.  Sherman gave lots of dimension details so I wasn't expecting them to fit, but for the others be aware these really only fit the common modern poker size tucks.  See image for some examples that don't fit.  I was really hoping my Vanity Fair deck would fit, but SO close and not quite enough.   :(   Oh well, over all I'm happy with them and may have to reconsider using more to display some top 10 decks or something on a shelf together (the rest I have in hanging wall display cabinets).

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Repost of mine from UC, but sharing here too.

I never object to a worthwhile repost.  Sounds good, looks good.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Gotta toss in my endorsement as well, just a beautiful case for your favorite or valued decks. You won't be disappointed. :)

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »

Cardfool

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Dear All,

Thank you for your interest and support of the Carat Card Cases!

Please note that I will no longer be taking orders and from now on, all future orders can be made directly through the UC forum via the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7712

I am in the process of transferring my remaining stock (currently only about a hundred left) to Mike and he should have them by the end of the week, so order them while they last. If you don't get them this round, don't worry as I will be shipping more to Mike and should they be available for sale in a couple months...we will keep you posted!

Thanks again,
Sherman

P.S.  All orders that have been confirmed by me have been or will be shipped in the next day or so.  If you had placed an order prior to yesterday and have not heard from me, please send me a PM and I will do my best to sort it out.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:24:29 PM by Cardfool »

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 03:28:43 PM »

Shade

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
  • "Better 2 Burn Out - Than Fade Away!"
These cases really are amazing, especially for the price!!!! I ordered the 24 of mine thru the UC site. http://www.unitedcardists.com/ucoffers.php

I intended to use them for my signed decks without cellophane, but ended up using to display my favorite deck tucks as well. Although the decks without cellophane look the best.  I will probably end up ordering more. The little magnets are incredible, and really snap into place. The cases are a little big for a standard deck which move around a bit. As ecNate mentioned above, this is not a big deal when using them for display. They are just big enough to snugly fit a Tenebre with the pack jacket.  The slip cases like the 52Card Club Deck or Triplicate Deck uses are a couple millimeters too big, and the Run slip case isn't even close. Haven't yet tried a standard CARC pack jacket, since the point is to display the deck. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:29:09 PM by Shade »

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Thanks!  Several several designers are using them for their signature / private reserve decks, and I just shipped Bill Kalush 50 for Conjuring Arts displays in Manhattan.

They really "dress up" a deck, with or without a tuck.  We're looking at custom orders for 2- 3- &  4- deck formats, expect to hear more from a PCF favorite soon.
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!