You are Here:
New party deck on Kickstarter

Author (Read 1091 times)

New party deck on Kickstarter
« on: February 06, 2016, 08:17:46 AM »

wahlmank

• Lurker
Hi!

I have just launched my Kickstarter campaign for my new party game, Drinkster, I would love some inputs on the campaign and the design :)

https://goo.gl/SCLcy3

Re: New party deck on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:18:21 AM »

wahlmank

• Lurker
And the tuck box

Re: New party deck on Kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:44:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome to PCF.  I moved your topic to the Conversation Parlor.  We reserve the Playing Card Plethora for decks conforming to the International Standard, for the most part - otherwise we'd have topics for Uno, Mille Borne, Rook, etc...

It's been my experience that people don't require that much of an excuse to start drinking - drinking games with cards usually result in a stack of wet cards and a taller stack of drunk people.

I hope you tacked in some kind of legal disclaimer in there somewhere about the consequences of alcohol drinking.  One of your cards declares that a player must consume five drinks.  Assuming the normal standard of a drink containing about an ounce of 86 proof liquor or the equivalent (12 ounces of beer or 5 ounces of wine), there's not a state in the US where that person would be within the legal limit for driving - and many people would be hard pressed to even walk after so much alcohol.  Many states have liability laws in place where a host of a party or owner of a bar where alcohol is served can be held liable for the actions of their guests/patrons who become drunk on their premises - I wonder what legal issues a game like this would raise, considering the litigious nature of American society in general, despite the fact that you're operating out of Sweden.

Your stretch goal indicate that you want to create more and more cards, each with their own new rules on them.  At 72 cards, your game would seem complex enough, especially considering that it's not exactly on par with chess, Risk or Diplomacy when it comes to strategy.  I wouldn't bother with more rules - 72 cards will be hard enough to shuffle as it is.

Your pie chart is colorful, if not terribly informative, considering that it's lacking any kind of unit of measure, be it percentage of budget or dollar amounts.

Overall, I don't see a lot of merit for this game, seeing as how we're in an age where responsible alcohol consumption is the order of the day (and in many cases, the law of the land).  This might have been fashionable about twenty or thirty years ago, but today, not so much, at least not in America and I'm guessing not in much of the civilized world.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/