Author (Read 32308 times)

Re: info on marked and stacked white lions
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 01:28:37 AM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
I can post some pictures of all the cards so you check the full gaffed deck... just give me a couple of hours tomorrow...

8)
Form Follows Function

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I can post some pictures of all the cards so you check the full gaffed deck... just give me a couple of hours tomorrow...

8)

Awesome.  Whatever info you have about the deck as well would be great!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »

antonshudder

• Newcomer
Hi yalls! Recently I bought the White Lions Tour edition. The latest of the White lions. I still could not find the marking system. Can anyone help me?

If possible use the 5 of hearts so that I can compare with mine!

Thank you!

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi yalls! Recently I bought the White Lions Tour edition. The latest of the White lions. I still could not find the marking system. Can anyone help me?

If possible use the 5 of hearts so that I can compare with mine!

Thank you!

Have you looked at the other topics on White Lions?  It's been written about here before.

Have you tried putting the deck through the riffle test?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »

Old Guy

• Newcomer
I'm not sure if there are other ways to determine the value of cards, but this is the way that I do it.  It's 100% accurate.  Both sides of the back of the deck are marked the same.  So for this explanation, I'll only talk about the left side of the deck.  I can do the entire deck in about 3 minutes.
First, as most of us know, the suit can be determined by the four full spades at the top left corner of the deck.  The suit is determined by the darken shade of the center of the spade.  The two horizontal spades represent the Diamonds and Clubs and the vertical spades are the Hearts and the Spades.
We also know that the value of the cards is determined by the half spades on the left side.  If you look at the half spades, you will see a one quarter spade at the bottom and another 8 half spade along the edge.  The quarter spade and the 8 half spade near the top mean nothing for determining the value.  The first half spade from bottom is a 2 and is only a 2.  The 7th half spade is a king and is only a king.  So that leaves the 3rd half spade to the 7th half spade for the card values 3-7 and 8-Q.  The 3rd half spade is either a 3 or an 8.  This continues all the way up.  4th half spade is a 4 or a 9........   
So how do you determine which is which?  I'm assuming at this point, that most of you see the subtle differences in the shading of the half spade to determine which one to focus on.    So let's say that the subtle shading difference is the 3rd half spade.  So is it a 3 or an 8?  Running out of room on this post, will send another in a bit.

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »

Old Guy

• Newcomer
This post is a continuation of the previous....So how do you determine which is which?  I'm assuming at this point, that most of you see the subtle differences in the shading of the half spades to determine which one to focus on.    So let's say that the subtle shading difference is the 3rd half spade.  So is it a 3 or an 8?  Look at the angled space between that 3rd half spade and the full spade to it's lower right.  Now look at the angled space between the 4th half spade and the full spade to it's lower right.  If the angled space under the 3rd half spade is wider than the fourth half spade then it's a 3.  If that space is the same, then it's an 8.  This is how you determine the values 3-7 and 8-Q.  CR says you determine value by looking at the angled lines.  I can't see it that way.  I only see the subtle width difference of the angled white spaces.  Hope this helps.