You are Here:
New to collecting

Author (Read 855 times)

New to collecting
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »

Chobee

• Newcomer
Hiya!
I'm Leigh, online people call me Chobee.  In real life I am a fitness instructor in the Bay Area.  I stumbled into card collecting 6 months ago when I went on Amazon to try and find some interesting decks of cards for my family's Nerts games (multi deck game).  I was blown away by the number and beauty of all the quality decks being produced today.  I've always preferred the feel of Bicycle decks to other cheapie decks when playing cards- I was just never privy to the variety!  I shortly after discovered the premium market, as well as Kickstarter.  I started devouring deck review videos, as well as magic/cardistry videos. I'm hooked!

My favorite decks so far are the Legacy's Knowledge Deck, Blue Luxx, Theory 11 Union deck, and Dan and Dave's Sons of Liberty.

Edited to add:  Ha!  I must really like birds- I just realized that three of those decks feature birds on the backs!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:04:27 PM by Chobee »

Re: New to collecting
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hiya!
I'm Leigh, online people call me Chobee.  In real life I am a fitness instructor in the Bay Area.  I stumbled into card collecting 6 months ago when I went on Amazon to try and find some interesting decks of cards for my family's Nerts games (multi deck game).  I was blown away by the number and beauty of all the quality decks being produced today.  I've always preferred the feel of Bicycle decks to other cheapie decks when playing cards- I was just never privy to the variety!  I shortly after discovered the premium market, as well as Kickstarter.  I started devouring deck review videos, as well as magic/cardistry videos. I'm hooked!

My favorite decks so far are the Legacy's Knowledge Deck, Blue Luxx, Theory 11 Union deck, and Dan and Dave's Sons of Liberty.

Edited to add:  Ha!  I must really like birds- I just realized that three of those decks feature birds on the backs!

Hi there, Leigh/Chobee!  Welcome to the forum.  Please feel free to ask questions, make posts and just plain make yourself at home.

I have family in the Bay Area (Union City, to be specific) and about a lifetime ago my wife lived in San Francisco, after she moved up from her hometown of Los Angeles.  I'm from the other side of the country, myself...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: New to collecting
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

jul320

• Newcomer
  • Card collector based in Australia
Hello, quite new to collecting and very new to this forum. Lovely to meet you.