You are Here:
Fox Targets Playing Cards by Lance T. Miller

Author (Read 736 times)

Fox Targets Playing Cards by Lance T. Miller
« on: June 07, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
All the love and care in my soul went into making these decks. It was such an awesome project and I'm proud to share them with you. This deck was in the making for 2.5 years and we almost scrapped it entirely because the court cards just weren't working. I'm so excited to share my new project with all of you.

"True beauty is natural and elusive, much like the fox. Inspired by our love of nature, Fox Targets Playing Cards embraces an authentic, raw beauty that reflects the allure of the rugged outdoors.

Pixel by pixel, hand-crafted artwork art-directed by Jason Brumbalow and illustrated by Lance T. Miller. Masterfully printed by the Expert Playing Card Company on a premium stock and crafted with a smooth, slipstream finish.

All that glitters is not gold. True beauty is just knowing where to look.

Murphy's Magic Playing Card Co, is proud to present: the Fox Targets."

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:47:10 PM by lancetmiller »

Re: Fox Targets Playing Cards by Lance T. Miller
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:19:07 PM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
As an owner of this deck, I am super impressed with the quality and looks!  I plan to post a review of it in the next month or so.

One thing I'm wondering about is what I read about this deck in an interview with Lance, where it says that there is a puzzle built into the deck, one which is particularly challenging.  To quote from what Lance says in the interview: "I won’t be upset if people don’t figure it out right away or ever for that matter. I wanted to create something that would last throughout time; that people might pick up 25 years from now and still be trying to solve. There are clues buried throughout all of the artwork and the entire deck itself is the puzzle. I almost hope no one ever solves it and that it brings many years of adventure to those endeavor to work on it."

I have no idea where to start with this.  Lance, are you able to give some small clue about where to start looking, or what we're supposed to do, to at least get us started in trying to figure things out?  Even if the puzzle proves nearly impossible, it would be nice to at least know something about what it is, or what the aim is, so we can begin this near-impossible quest! :)

Has anyone noticed anything unusual in this deck, or seen anything that points to the existence of a puzzle?
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Re: Fox Targets Playing Cards by Lance T. Miller
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:40:10 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I like Enders suggestion, you can still be obscure, but giving a small hint might whet people's appetite for embarking on a puzzle solving quest :)