You are Here:
Admin/Moderator Info Page?

Author (Read 9934 times)

Admin/Moderator Info Page?
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:28:07 PM »

spindles

Hello,

I think it would be really awesome if there could be a whole Admin/Moderator contact page outlining who everyone is and their specific forum roles. I can see at least 5 of you when sorting the member list. Perhaps this could even be a "sticky" (not sure what they are called on this forum) at the top of this "Feedback + Support" thread or maybe even attached more visibly to the main page.

Thank you!
Spindles

Re: Admin/Moderator Info Page?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:32:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello,

I think it would be really awesome if there could be a whole Admin/Moderator contact page outlining who everyone is and their specific forum roles. I can see at least 5 of you when sorting the member list. Perhaps this could even be a "sticky" (not sure what they are called on this forum) at the top of this "Feedback + Support" thread or maybe even attached more visibly to the main page.

Thank you!
Spindles

Hey, bro!

If you check out the bottom of the front page, you'll see a bunch of color-coded links indicating the assorted staff ranks.  Click on a link to see all the members of that rank.

You can also sort the member lists by ranks.  There aren't many different ranks in use on the staff.

Administrator
Technicial Staff (Technician)
Omni-Moderator
Standard Moderator

Not listed is the position of "Ambassador" - it's not considered a staff position.  Ambassadors are our members who volunteer to seek out designers, magicians, cardists, etc. to invite to the forum.  The only additional privilege they have is access to "the Embassy", a board where they can chat with each other and coordinate their efforts without resorting to mass PMs.  They also have the undying gratitude of the administrators!

That's all there is.  "52 Plus Joker Member" is also listed at the bottom of the front page, but only because they have a members-only forum on the Staff area of the forum.

I'm the Head Administrator, but title-wise it doesn't mean much - I just happen to spend more time and post more often than the other two admins (or any three members combined!), so I tend to have a greater knowledge of what's going on around here.  I peaked at an average of 16-17 posts a day - I'm down to about 13 now.  I've also logged nearly three-and-a-half months of time spent online here - the next closest, John, has about two months.  One in five posts here were written by me - just a wee bit over 20%!  That's kind of scary - not long ago it was only one in eight, close to 13%!  (That's also probably because posts to more boards than before don't count toward your post total - STISO and the Parlor are now excluded from your count as well as the Support Board.)

The point being, there's already ways in place to identify the high muckety-mucks around here.  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/