Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh my. Now that is just shameless. That looks like a Dymo laberlwriter label, not ever something custom. I would be horrified and apologizing up down and sideways if I promised something like a custom box and couldn't deliver. I mean, I feel genuinely bad that my tuck box printing incidents sent me back a few weeks and prevented all my Tendril orders from being in people's hands before the end of this month, but that's nothing compared to offering a custom item and just flat out ignoring it.

These Skulkor folks should be ashamed of themselves. What a crummy way to run things. Really glad I steered far away from all their weirdness.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #351 on: May 31, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
These Skulkor folks should be ashamed of themselves. What a crummy way to run things. Really glad I steered far away from all their weirdness.
Me too. They are just committing one shameless act after another. I find it sad that the community has come to a point where you support those who cheat us.

« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Me too. They are just committing one shameless act after another. I find it sad that the community has come to a point where you support those who cheat us.

Define "you" and "support", if you would, please, as it applies here.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I didn't mean you. I meant we, the community as a whole. And by "support" I mean buy products from such a shady company. It's similar to backing bad deck projects on Kickstarter just to have all the new decks that come out, in case that deck gets funded. If everyone did that, all the Kickstarter projects, whether good or bad, would be successful.

« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2012, 09:23:15 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I didn't mean you. I meant we, the community as a whole. And by "support" I mean buy products from such a shady company. It's similar to backing bad deck projects on Kickstarter just to have all the new decks that come out, in case that deck gets funded. If everyone did that, all the Kickstarter projects, whether good or bad, would be successful.

I never thought you meant me.  The community as a whole does NOT always support this kind of crap - I pulled my support and got a refund.  And a good number of Kickstarter projects for crap decks do indeed fail - I see more fail than succeed.  I report on them usually weekly, though I missed last week's report due to being in Toronto.

In short, your entire statement is based on baseless assumptions and incorrect generalizations.

« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Don you are misunderstanding me. In my post I wrote the word "you" and I meant to write the word "we". I'm not talking about a specific person, I'm talking about us as a group. Skulkor wouldn't have happened if 50% of us on these forums hadn't backed the deck. And those kickstarter crap decks sometimes do get funded, and what I'm saying is that we should try to limit our backing of these as much as possible so we are sure that people don't even think to themselves that they have a chance of designing a deck and make some quick money.

« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don you are misunderstanding me. In my post I wrote the word "you" and I meant to write the word "we". I'm not talking about a specific person, I'm talking about us as a group. Skulkor wouldn't have happened if 50% of us on these forums hadn't backed the deck. And those kickstarter crap decks sometimes do get funded, and what I'm saying is that we should try to limit our backing of these as much as possible so we are sure that people don't even think to themselves that they have a chance of designing a deck and make some quick money.

I fully understand - perhaps better than you.

Where did you get the statistic that 50% of all the forum's participants supported and bought the Skulkor deck?  Did you take a survey, or perhaps hired a survey company?  Was there a statistically significant number of responses to make the survey valid?

What "crap" deck or decks made it through to being financed?  Who determines if it's crap?  You?  Or the people who want to own a pack or two of it?  Are the all members of this community?

Decks on Kickstarter made solely for the purpose of making money FAIL if that's all they have going for them.  I've seen it before.  Even the successful decks don't always make much money!  People back a deck based on their tastes, and just because their taste is radically different from yours doesn't mean it's crap.  And even if it is, at least in my own opinion, I don't recall Kickstarter ever holding a gun to my head and forcing me to back any deck, good, bad or indifferent, on penalty of death...

When you're talking about facts with an actual foundation in truth, I'll listen.  But your assumptions are as far from facts as the earth is far from the sun.

« Reply #357 on: May 31, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don't mean to judge anyone's decisions. Maybe we should just think twice before pre-ordering a deck. Think about the consequences putting this deck on the market will have and thinking whether we really want it or if we are buying it in case it gets funded so you can have all decks.

« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I don't mean to judge anyone's decisions. Maybe we should just think twice before pre-ordering a deck. Think about the consequences putting this deck on the market will have and thinking whether we really want it or if we are buying it in case it gets funded so you can have all decks.

If you HAVEN'T been spending your money that way in the first place, you need some basic lessons in Personal Economics...  And none of that addresses the concocted conclusions you were coming up with.

You have a habit of speaking like an authority on a lot of things, many of which you're not really fully knowledgable on.  Many people, myself included, find this annoying, especially if you're wrong, because it sounds like you posted just to "hear your own voice".

Please check your facts before you post like you know everything.  I'm not perfect there myself, as no one is, but I either use qualifiers when I'm not sure or I accept that I was incorrect and acknowledge that, with apologies if needed.

« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Since I got a refund, here's what they sent me:

« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
They honestly had some pros and cons. I mean I feel cheated on the box too. I feel I could have done more there, plus I am not a huge fan of the jokers. But I will say I had a damaged deck and within the day that I emailed them they said they were sending me another. Also to whoever asked about places to buy I have a couple extra I could sell or trade.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Since I got a refund, here's what they sent me:

I got one of those as well, in a hand-written envelope - on which they MISSPELLED their own name!  Mine said "Sulkor".  Perhaps they're unhappy that I requested my refund and they chose to sulk about it?  I'll post photos later.

« Reply #362 on: June 10, 2012, 02:04:06 AM »

Dudeee

• True Member
Guys, I just got my decks, the custom box is fortunately quite nice. The shipping is awesome!!! The boxes came perfect and the decks were all well protected.

« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Just got my decks today and the special brick boxes are very nice! Everything came excellently packaged as well, and I must say they have some pretty good customer service, I would say they are a much better company than I expected with all the shady-ness at the beginning. In case anyone wanted to get a couple of these decks shoot me a PM, I will be selling off a decent amount in the near future to help fund my collection. I also have 2 Skulkor uncuts, 1 with the red wax seal imprinted on it. Let me know if you are interested!

*EDIT* Sorry just realized that actually both uncuts have the red seal on them, my apologies.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:04:11 PM by Eyeball »

« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »

chisairi

• Forum Regular
I got mine yesterday!
They have the best packaging far by! (correct me if I'm wrong)
This is what a brick should be like. SOLID!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:46:41 AM by chisairi »