You are Here:
The Royal Wilds Deck - Live on Kickstarter!

Author (Read 689 times)

The Royal Wilds Deck - Live on Kickstarter!
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

robinsonwood

• Newcomer
Hi all!

I'd like to introduce you to The Royal Wilds Playing Card Deck:

I drew this deck the old fashioned way, with ink on paper. It's my personal interpretation of the suit symbols—playing off of the idea of four kingdoms in a hierarchy, with each suit representing a different socio-economic class, philosophy, and natural element. For example, the Spades prize intellectual growth above all else. As the ruling class they govern with their highly-developed thinking, but also ultimately with the sword. Their element is Air, which presides above the other elements, and favors flying animals, especially the eagle—the king of birds.

Each Suit has its own story, and its own strengths and weaknesses. To see more, check out my Kickstarter page.

Thanks for checking out my work, everybody! Have a great weekend!

-Robinson

Re: The Royal Wilds Deck - Live on Kickstarter!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:53:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome, Robinson!

I have to say that your deck isn't my personal choice, but having said that, I recognize that it's really well done, highly thought-out and a worthwhile deck to see out there.  My biggest wish would have been that you made it in color - your images practically scream out for a full-color treatment.  You may also hear a few people wishing you'd done a two-way design for the back (many collectors and players prefer them and they tend to sell better), but I recognize that you were looking for something to fit with your theme and your back design does that well.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/