You are Here:
Lovecraft Playing Cards (poker & spanish decks with CTHULHU)

Author (Read 558 times)

Lovecraft Playing Cards (poker & spanish decks with CTHULHU)
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:58:33 AM »

newgeek

• Newcomer
Hi!

There are new decks for collectors in Kickstarter, based on Lovecraft works.
These cards represents to be "real cards from Innsmouth", the city from the Lovecraft stories. It's a limited edition for collectors.

Poker cards:

Aditional spanish cards (with original suits):

Link to Innsmouth, the lost games on Kickstarter.

Re: Lovecraft Playing Cards (poker & spanish decks with CTHULHU)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:36:24 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Have you seen the variety of Lovecraft Mythos-based decks that have already come before it, especially on Kickstarter?  You're facing quite a bit of stiff competition...  If you're going to do something that's been done before and you want people to stand up and take notice, you really should do it head-and-shoulders above what came before you.

The concept of the Spanish deck and the dice game are unique, so I'll give you credit for that.

What company have you lined up for the print work?  Collectors take notice of things like that.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Lovecraft Playing Cards (poker & spanish decks with CTHULHU)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:48:18 AM »

newgeek

• Newcomer
Have you seen the variety of Lovecraft Mythos-based decks that have already come before it, especially on Kickstarter?  You're facing quite a bit of stiff competition...  If you're going to do something that's been done before and you want people to stand up and take notice, you really should do it head-and-shoulders above what came before you.
The concept of the Spanish deck and the dice game are unique, so I'll give you credit for that.
What company have you lined up for the print work?  Collectors take notice of things like that.

Hi Don!

Sure, it's not presented as the first lovecraftian deck, obviously. I've got some of those decks (I'm also waiting for one of them since 2014, btw). These decks are specifically based on Innsmouth, more than just in "Lovecraft" or "Cthulhu" which are the general tone.
It will be printed on MPC but other options with the same quality are also in consideration. These project is focused in Lovecraft fans, more than collectors, but it seemed interesting to comment here :)