VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - Relaunch LIVE on KS

Author (Read 3547 times)

VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - Relaunch LIVE on KS
« on: May 25, 2017, 12:04:42 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hello Everyone!

I am excited to share my latest project; VIZAĜO - a fully custom deck of playing cards exploring faces in a truly colourful way.

VIZAĜO is now in the dressing room, waiting for the curtain call to officially launch on Kickstarter: Tuesday, 30th May at 21:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10 hr).

I began working on this deck July last year and have enjoyed every minute of creating the artwork. From ink on paper to completed designs, the artwork is influenced by traditional lino/wood-cut and contour line-drawing techniques, initially drawing inspiration from my range of whimsical teapots & bowls. Radiant Kings, Queens and Jacks are waiting to greet you, with custom number cards and aces standing by to take a bow.

I especially want to thank you all for the amazing feedback and colourful discussions in the design & dev forum :)

VIZAĜO
  • 54 custom illustrated cards with vibrant artwork
  • Poker size (63 x 88 mm)
  • Synthetic Tuck box (amazing and super durable)
  • 2 colour versions (identical faces, different back & tuck):
    • VIZAĜO - Lumina (red card back)
    • VIZAĜO - Lumino (blue card back) - stretch goal
  • Printed by Legends Playing Card Company on Classic finish
  • Shipped by Gambler's Warehouse
  • Limited early bird decks will be available
  • Stretch goals (beyond Lumino the blue deck) include: Spot UV on tuck | and | Interior printing on tuck box

Thank you for looking and I hope you come along to the launch party and feel excited to back and share this project!

Annette :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:14:04 AM by NineLives »

Re: VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - Launching Soon on KS
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Looking forward to it. I'll be in for sure.  ;D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 05:58:12 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Looking forward to it. I'll be in for sure.  ;D

Thanks so much Fess, delighted to hear :)

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:03:09 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Pledged.  I hope you get both of them funded, Annette.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:43:22 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Pledged.  I hope you get both of them funded, Annette.

Thanks so much PrincessTrouble - I truly hope so too :)

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 10:52:44 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi all,

50% funded 8 days into the campaign is super exciting. With so much amazing support I'm also biting my nails worrying if there is anything I should do to help this baby along towards and beyond funding?

I have aimed at keeping my first KS campaign as simple as possible, without complex add-ons - mainly because the artwork and the cards is what I know and what I am passionate about. I know little about dealer chips, coins, collector boxes and other cool things - and venturing into that territory without understanding the ins and outs could perhaps appear more like an afterthought.

Truly wanting this deck to fund, yet not wanting to throw the kitchen sink at backers, I've been considering some add-ons to include in the campaign and happy to hear your thoughts:

- Art prints (selected artwork from courts and aces)
- Mini deck (mainly because I think they look cute and I've seen them in some projects)
- Postcards | Signed card | give-away stickers
- Limited number of Nine Lives (poker size) playing cards are available as a special add-on

Thanks so much for looking - and happy backing!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:47:24 AM by NineLives »

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:29:07 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I just posted a campaign update which includes brand new add-ons - focussing on the artwork:

Artwork Prints
Available in courts and aces - these will be printed on archival quality photographic paper (12 x 18") and individually signed by me.

Add-on price includes world-wide shipping (with tracking) from Australia - 1 Art print = $99 AU (~75 US)  2 Art prints = $170 AU (~128 US)

Postcard Pack - 20 premium cards - 5 x 7"

Add-on price includes world-wide shipping from Australia - $46 AU (~35 US)

Re: VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - LIVE on KS
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:35 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hello all :)

With only a short time remaining on the campaign I wanted to let you know that I am about to cancel ... and relaunch!
It's been an amazing journey and along with all the wonderful support, I truly believe this deck needs another chance at funding.

After consulting with current backers and making a few adjustments, I am ready to relaunch with a new and lower funding goal:
While I really liked the idea of the synthetic tuck, I feel it may have been a little too ambitious for my first campaign (especially as it does push the cost per deck up quite a bit). 

VIZAĜO - Relaunch features:

- Funding goal $11,000 AUD (~$8,300 US)
- 1st Edition (shown on tuck box) - limited print quantity
- Printed by Legends - on classic finish
- Standard Tuck box (instead of Synthetic tuck)
- Lower stretch goal for second (blue) deck

Preview link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/1166185655?token=ba28dd8d

I hope to see you there as the journey continues!

All the best,

Re: VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - Relaunch LIVE on KS
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:16:56 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hello everyone :)

The relaunch is now live at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/vizago-playing-cards-relaunch

All the best,

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 07:17:37 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
And .... I see that the VIZAGO Playing Cards project (see my review here) has just been relaunched, with some changes, and a smaller target for funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/vizago-playing-cards-relaunch

There's a terrific early bird price of US$11 per deck, including US shipping.  Best wishes for success this time around Annette!
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 03:03:47 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
47% funded after 2 days!

While most of the early birds are gone, you can still pick up a full brick at the early bird rate :)

*wave*

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 02:57:01 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
60% funded - onwards and upwards :)

In the latest update I posted a link to a gallery I set up on my website. I thought it could be good to see the deck more as a whole (without needing to scroll a lot); single card images of all the courts, card back design, tuck boxes - and aces + number cards combined:
http://www.abolinaart.com.au/blog/vizago-playing-cards/

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Earier today we crossed the funding line and VIZAĜO will actually meet the printing presses! I'm over the moon, practically speechless and very very happy. The support for this project has overwhelmed me and means more than I can say! Truly grateful for the opportunity to get these decks printed and delivered in your most deserving hands - thank you all!

I ordered a few prototype decks (from MPC) to get a final look at artwork/layout and also see how this baby will print. While the final product will look somewhat different (given the different printing methods used by MPC vs Legends), I still hope you enjoy this first look at the printed deck:

Thank you and all the best,

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Exciting News! - I have decided to unlock the Blue deck early - we just hit $17,000 and it's time to celebrate :)

Announcing 2 new Early Bird reward levels:

1 single BLUE deck - $15 AU (int. shipping = $5AU) - Limited to 30 backers
Mixed Pairs (2 blue + 2 red) = $56 AU (int. shipping = $18AU) - Limited to 25 Backers

Thanks all for your support - so glad these two will get printed!

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »

Eddie Hughlett

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Congratulations and Thank you Annette for opening Lumino.

-eh
"...almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."

- S.W. Erdnase

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks Eddie,
I felt it was worth taking the risk, with so much awesome support, I didn't want to leave the blue deck til later :)

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 03:13:53 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I want to thank you all so much for your feedback, enthusiasm, support - and being part of the journey to bring these two colourful decks to life!
It means so very much and you're all amazing! :) :)

I was literally pinching myself as the campaign clock counted down the final seconds... Definitely ending on a high on a journey where I've learnt so much and met so many fabulous people. Unlocking both decks AND interior tuck box printing is more than I could have dreamed of. So grateful to have the opportunity to get these decks printed and delivered in your most deserving hands!

I have sent the final (final) artwork through to Legends, which means we can move to print production as soon as KS funds come through (in around 2 weeks).

All the best,

Re: VIZAĜO by Abolina Art - Shipping soon!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 08:43:49 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Hi all :)

Things have been moving forward smoothly, though being so busy with everything going on in the background I must apologise for the delay since my last update here  :o
The decks are now printed and getting ready to be air-freighted to Gambler's in the US, who will be taking care of distribution in a few short weeks. I can't wait to get these decks in your hands and update your with more photos once I see the completed decks myself :) When the campaign is delivered I will have some extra decks available on my website + they will be available in a few more locations, which I'll update you on as well.

A recap on production
(there's more in KS updates, but I wanted to include a short recap here as well :))

Legends supply proofs in both digital and hard copy format (printed on the actual printer used to print the decks once approved), to me this provided real insight into the great care they take to get it right - simply fantastic!

Digital proofs

Hard proofs - un-cut cards

Hard proofs - assembled tucks and 'hand' cut cards :)

Shipping, Add-ons and Backer gifts
As the decks are being shipped by air, fulfilment should begin within the next 2-3 weeks (this may be longer or shorter, depending on how quickly the shipment gets cleared through customs) - shipping from Gambler's Warehouse will begin shortly after - and my hope is that all backer rewards will be delivered in time for the holiday season.

Backer gifts (stickers and buttons) + Add-ons are all completed and most have been shipped (to Gambler's), except for the signed Art Prints which I'm sending from Australia.

VIZAĜO Postcard prints

Art prints of King and Queen of Hearts (pre signing) - with prototype cards included for size comparison :)

Thanks again and all the best,

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
Looks FANTASTIC Annette, congratulations on making this project a reality! :)
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Looks FANTASTIC Annette, congratulations on making this project a reality! :)

Thank you EndersGame, truly, I couldn't have done it without all you amazing people! Being so close to delivering these decks feels like a dream come true,
and my hope is that they live up to the expectations of everyone who's come on board and supported me along the way :)

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »

skinny

• Forum Regular
Guess what I got today!!

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 04:48:00 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
Well I finally saw a couple of the printed decks first-hand today, and just had to post something here to share my congratulations and compliments to Annette on a successful project, and two absolutely beautiful decks of playing cards!

Both the VIZAĜO Lumina (red) and VIZAĜO Lumino (blue) decks look terrific!  Legends Playing Cards has done a wonderful job with the tuck cases and the cards themselves.  The colours are vibrant, and really do justice to Annette's gorgeous and unique artwork.  I also love the oversized pips, which really ensures that the beautiful "face" patterns in them get the loving treatment they deserve.   The indices are also super clear, so it's totally functional and can be used for games as well if desired.  And the court cards and card backs are spectacular.  This deck is great for collectors and card players, and would make a great gift as well! 

Annette is a talented artist, and I am so pleased for her that this project became a reality, and turned out so well.  Since it was created by someone who is an artist first of all, the VIZAĜO deck is a unique contribution to the custom playing card industry that really stands out because of stylish, colourful, and artistic look.  Congratulations all round, and I'd like to wish Annette the very best for all her future artistic endeavours, and any further custom playing card projects she might create. 

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 09:38:44 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Guess what I got today!!

I'm so glad they've arrived skinny, thanks for being part of the journey!!

Well I finally saw a couple of the printed decks first-hand today, and just had to post something here to share my congratulations and compliments to Annette on a successful project, and two absolutely beautiful decks of playing cards!

Both the VIZAĜO Lumina (red) and VIZAĜO Lumino (blue) decks look terrific!  Legends Playing Cards has done a wonderful job with the tuck cases and the cards themselves.  The colours are vibrant, and really do justice to Annette's gorgeous and unique artwork.  I also love the oversized pips, which really ensures that the beautiful "face" patterns in them get the loving treatment they deserve.   The indices are also super clear, so it's totally functional and can be used for games as well if desired.  And the court cards and card backs are spectacular.  This deck is great for collectors and card players, and would make a great gift as well! 

Annette is a talented artist, and I am so pleased for her that this project became a reality, and turned out so well.  Since it was created by someone who is an artist first of all, the VIZAĜO deck is a unique contribution to the custom playing card industry that really stands out because of stylish, colourful, and artistic look.  Congratulations all round, and I'd like to wish Annette the very best for all her future artistic endeavours, and any further custom playing card projects she might create. 

Thank you ever so much for your kind words EndersGame, truly means the world! I am delighted that with the support and encouragement of amazing people like yourself - these two decks were given the opportunity to be printed and are now finding their way around the world :)

Hoping you all have a wonderfully safe and Merry Christmas and New Year!

All the best,