From Whimsical Teapots to VIZAĜO Playing Cards - The Journey

Author (Read 31075 times)

Re: From Whimsical Teapots to VIZAĜO Playing Cards - The Journey
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2017, 03:10:26 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Good point Don,
I have seen quite a few projects offer similar rewards as add-ons, which may mean it falls within the KS frame, but then again - regulations cover such a wide scope and can sometimes be hard to apply to individual projects. You can't accept donations for a cause (without an end product), yet there are campaigns who can't offer the 'end-product' (because of it's complexity or format) and instead offer tiered certificates of appreciation... KS aren't a store, yet many projects do offer add-ons with earlier models, decks, releases.

This article (while not super current) says it's not technically against the rules and delves into the pros and cons (mainly cons) of including existing products in KS campaign: https://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-142-selling-existing-inventory/

I ended up making a small number of Nine Lives decks available as add-ons - These decks won't help with the overall printing cost, but it's nice to be able to include something when backers show interest. I'll keep my ears open though as I definitely don't want to be breaking rules in my first campaign :)

Onwards and upwards

I'm really excited to be more than half way and overwhelmed by the support which has been seriously amazing! Looking towards the goal, I don't want to throw the kitchen sink at backers (or complicate the campaign), though it would be awesome to see VIZAĜO reach funding and beyond :)

I have a few more ideas in the pipeline and I'd love to hear your thoughts:

- offering Art prints of courts and aces (only). These would be printed on archival photographic paper ~ A3 size - and each print would be signed
- postcard pack (20 cards) with the 12 courts, 4 aces, 2 jokers and... the two (both red and blue) backs

Thanks again
Annette :)

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2017, 06:19:07 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I have a few more ideas in the pipeline and I'd love to hear your thoughts:

- offering Art prints of courts and aces (only). These would be printed on archival photographic paper ~ A3 size - and each print would be signed
- postcard pack (20 cards) with the 12 courts, 4 aces, 2 jokers and... the two (both red and blue) backs

Thanks again

An interesting idea I've seen in some campaigns - and one that's exceptionally inexpensive to offer - is giving away high-res graphic files.  The point is that they can be used for a variety of applications, all of which are up to the end user, and are a zero-dollar shipment to both the backer and the creator.  Picture your images being used on computer desktops, mousepads, coffee mugs, T-shirts, messenger bags, etc. - whatever the end user wants.  You give them an inexpensive file, they pay the cost of the printing (or non-printing, if they prefer enjoying them digitally) and they pay no shipping costs, plus the national Customs Service doesn't get in the way of the transaction.  And no damaged shipments to replace!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2017, 09:25:59 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Thanks for your suggestion Don,
I'll keep it in mind - similar but different, an idea I had earlier was to make selected artwork available in a downloadable PDF as a 'colouring-in' companion to the deck.

I just posted a campaign update which includes brand new add-ons - focussing on the artwork:

Artwork Prints
Available in courts and aces - these will be printed on archival quality photographic paper (12 x 18") and individually signed by me.

Add-on price includes world-wide shipping (with tracking) from Australia - 1 Art print = $99 AU (~75 US)  2 Art prints = $170 AU (~128 US)

Postcard Pack - 20 premium cards - 5 x 7"

Add-on price includes world-wide shipping from Australia - $46 AU (~35 US)

Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions, I'm excited to see how these go.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:26:49 AM by NineLives »

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
Unfortunately the original project didn't get funded, but the VIZAGO Playing Cards project (see my review here) has just been relaunched in an improved form, with a much smaller target for funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/vizago-playing-cards-relaunch

There's a terrific early bird price of US$11 per deck, including US shipping.

Best wishes for success this time around Annette!
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Unfortunately the original project didn't get funded, but the VIZAGO Playing Cards project (see my review here) has just been relaunched in an improved form, with a much smaller target for funding.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/vizago-playing-cards-relaunch

There's a terrific early bird price of US$11 per deck, including US shipping.

Best wishes for success this time around Annette!

Thank you so much EnderGame :)
I just posted in the playing card plethora section - glad to be up and running again!

Relaunch link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1932537931/vizago-playing-cards-relaunch

and... sorry, couldn't help myself :D :

Thanks all and - welcome back!

« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
8 Days in and 60% funded.

My own 'manual' kicktraq showing progress (and that we're more than a 1/3 of the way to unlocking the blue deck):

Kickstarter is a roller-coaster of anticipation, nerves and wonders - with a good dose of positive hope that we'll get across the line this time :)

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »

Helshawk

Yayyy!   :D :D :D  The red deck is funded. Congrats! Now if we can get the blue deck unlocked! 

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2017, 03:30:15 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Yayyy!   :D :D :D  The red deck is funded. Congrats! Now if we can get the blue deck unlocked!

Thank you Helsawk :) - I love your three cheers!
It's been a whirlwind of an experience taking this deck to Kickstarter and learning on my feet. I honestly couldn't have done it without the amazing support from people like yourself :) Because backer 'names' on KS often differ from usernames on forums - I haven't been able to reach out to all of you who have been such a big part of this deck from the beginning, though I do hope you know how much you mean - and how grateful I am for your support! : :D

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
And...more exciting news! There's been so much amazing support and I really feel it's time to celebrate :)

With just under 3 days remaining:
Blue deck is now unlocked (early)

2 new early bird rewards added: (single BLUE deck - and Mixed Pairs (2 of each colour)

Thanks so much all!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:22:16 PM by NineLives »

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2017, 03:36:49 AM »

NineLives

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
 I can't say how thrilled I am to end the campaign in such a positive way!

I want to thank you all for being part of the journey, offering feedback and support and making this a dream come true  :)  :D :D

Truly looking forward to the next phase, where these colourful decks will be printed and delivered in many of your most deserving hands!

I've sent through the final (final) artwork to Legends - which now also includes interior tuck box printing (Yay!) - and it won't be long before print proofing begins.

All the best,

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:38:24 AM by NineLives »