You are Here:
EXPERT PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic

Author (Read 25483 times)

Re: EXPERT PLAYING CARD COMPANY - Official Topic
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 04:54:36 PM »

Expert P.C. Co.

• The Expert Playing Card Company
New Zen Pure decks finally for sale!

It took a long time to come to pass but we have the official release happening now.
For a short time you can get a great bundle deal too.
11 Zen Pure decks.
1 Zen Pure Gold which has the Genie logo in gold foil on the cards
1 Magnetic Brick Box
And for the first 144 people you get a free RED Zen Pure Prototype that we have made but won't offer for sale.
All of this for an amazing price.

Go to Conjuring Arts store and check it out http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Zen-c183.htm

Uusi Tarot and Poker Decks by EPCC
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »

Expert P.C. Co.

• The Expert Playing Card Company
We are really pleased to announce that Uusi launched their latest kickstarter this morning and it is moving like lightning. In just a couple of hours it's $30k goal is nearly reached!
Check it out http://kck.st/1DvhzeR

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2016, 02:47:04 AM »

darkinertia

does anyone have a list of classic finish epcc (or even LPCC for that matter) decks? i love the master finish decks but the classic decks have an amazing feel to them, i have the classic twins and soundboards but i cant seem to figure out which ones have classic finish unless a seller specifies it themselves or magic orthodoxy does a review on it...neither site really say what finish is used

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I know most if not all of his work printed by LPCC used classic finish - Draconians, Midnight Bowlarama and Grinders

then we have the Mirage which uses classic finish as well.
Back for more

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2016, 05:17:41 AM »

darkinertia

now is there a big variance between decks with the same finish or is there more options, like different card stock? i got gamesters, sky islands, and smith no 3s. theyre all master finish, but the sky islands are a bit different than the gamesters, and the and the smith no 3s are WAY different than the sky islands, theyre almost 2 cards taller!

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2016, 06:38:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
now is there a big variance between decks with the same finish or is there more options, like different card stock? i got gamesters, sky islands, and smith no 3s. theyre all master finish, but the sky islands are a bit different than the gamesters, and the and the smith no 3s are WAY different than the sky islands, theyre almost 2 cards taller!

Do a search on this site for the free promo issue of CARD CULTURE that I put together last year.  In it was an article that covered all the stocks used by the Expert Playing Card Company.  Legends uses some of the same stocks - Legends uses the same factory in Taipei to do some of its print work and there's a few stocks they have in common, while the rest of their print work is done from another location somewhere in mainland China.  They use the term "stock" and "finish" interchangeably a lot because they get their stocks pre-finished from an undisclosed source in Europe.  So for example, "Master Stock" or "Master Finish" refers to the same thing - the Master paper stock textured with the Master finish.  All the Expert finishes (including the ones that the two companies use in common) are embossed and the embossing comes in different depths, affecting the feel and glide of the stocks differently.  Stock thicknesses vary from type to type as well.  But within a given type, they tend to be quite consistent, as consistent as is possible with any paper stock, really.

BTW: the "Codename: Iron Stock" featured in the article was eventually released as Robusto Stock - and it's probably the thickest card stock you'll find anywhere.  It makes a pack of Bees look like a pack of Bikes.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:39:51 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2016, 02:59:11 AM »

darkinertia

Do a search on this site for the free promo issue of CARD CULTURE that I put together last year.  In it was an article that covered all the stocks used by the Expert Playing Card Company.  Legends uses some of the same stocks - Legends uses the same factory in Taipei to do some of its print work and there's a few stocks they have in common, while the rest of their print work is done from another location somewhere in mainland China.  They use the term "stock" and "finish" interchangeably a lot because they get their stocks pre-finished from an undisclosed source in Europe.  So for example, "Master Stock" or "Master Finish" refers to the same thing - the Master paper stock textured with the Master finish.  All the Expert finishes (including the ones that the two companies use in common) are embossed and the embossing comes in different depths, affecting the feel and glide of the stocks differently.  Stock thicknesses vary from type to type as well.  But within a given type, they tend to be quite consistent, as consistent as is possible with any paper stock, really.

BTW: the "Codename: Iron Stock" featured in the article was eventually released as Robusto Stock - and it's probably the thickest card stock you'll find anywhere.  It makes a pack of Bees look like a pack of Bikes.

very interesting read in that card culture issue, yeah robusto is probably one of my favorite handling decks!but i love thick stocks since my favorite deck is wynns, but my favorite part is for some reason, whether its the actual coating or maybe just the thickness of the cards, but it fans so perfectly like an ohio deck. i need to check out the damask finish decks next, i didnt even know they made them!

i hope one of these days epcc does a smooth finish, CARC was probably the only one making custom decks in ivory finish and theyre great, especially since kentucky aladdins are way worst than ohio aladdins now. if they made a smooth version of their classic finish decks then id be set

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

very interesting read in that card culture issue, yeah robusto is probably one of my favorite handling decks!but i love thick stocks since my favorite deck is wynns, but my favorite part is for some reason, whether its the actual coating or maybe just the thickness of the cards, but it fans so perfectly like an ohio deck. i need to check out the damask finish decks next, i didnt even know they made them!

i hope one of these days epcc does a smooth finish, CARC was probably the only one making custom decks in ivory finish and theyre great, especially since kentucky aladdins are way worst than ohio aladdins now. if they made a smooth version of their classic finish decks then id be set

Damask is a great stock - I have the Chameleons in Damask stock.  Soft texture to it, though - you might not like it as much as Robustos if you're into heavy stocks.

"Smooth version of classic finish?"  It's like asking for thirst-quenching sand!  The finish is the texture of the surface - smooth is smooth, Classic is a variety of embossed.  Now, if you're talking about a smooth version of Classic stock, THAT'S a different story...  Mention it to Bill Kalush, perhaps he has something in mind.  You can contact him through here, EPCC or CARC.  Don't use Facebook - I answer all requests for information he gets at the Expert FB page, usually just referring people to the business site.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »

darkinertia

Yeah thats what i meant lol, a non embossed finish with the classic stock. Yeah i asked om fb but not through email, ill do that now