You are Here:
Is there more than one version of Bicycle foil prototype

Author (Read 488 times)

Is there more than one version of Bicycle foil prototype
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »

Crazy Gizmo

??? Ok so i know there are a Red, Green, Blue & Silver version of the foil prototype and there labeled out of 1000 Buttttt??? I have two red decks that are different one has the signature sticker on the outside of the box and the certificate and the other is just a plain white box with a red foil prototype deck. Are they the same just someone has removed the certificate and the sticker or are there different versions?

Re: Is there more than one version of Bicycle foil prototype
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:35:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
??? Ok so i know there are a Red, Green, Blue & Silver version of the foil prototype and there labeled out of 1000 Buttttt??? I have two red decks that are different one has the signature sticker on the outside of the box and the certificate and the other is just a plain white box with a red foil prototype deck. Are they the same just someone has removed the certificate and the sticker or are there different versions?

I could be mistaken, but to my knowledge, there was just the one run of the prototype decks.  But having said that, there's still the fact the Bicycle Rider Back MetalLuxe decks are on sale at the USPC website in cobalt (blue) and crimson (red).  It's possible that they might no longer be selling "prototypes" but are now selling newly-printed ones as standard merchandise.  Nothing about those decks on the website say "limited edition" and they don't appear to be serially-numbered.

EDIT: in the comments where they're selling the red and blue set, someone asks about when the gold ones are coming back.  A USPC rep answered by saying they are indeed limited editions and that the gold is sold out.  But he does say in response to a request to print more golds that he'd pass on the request to the development team.  So you never know.  For now, limited; tomorrow, anyone's guess.  No mention in the comments about the green or silver.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:37:59 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/