You are Here:
Playing cards created specifically for cardistry

Author (Read 265 times)

Playing cards created specifically for cardistry
« on: August 05, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
In recent years, there have been several decks of playing cards created specifically and exclusively for cardistry.  In one case (Art of Cardistry from the New Deck Order), the deck can't even be used as a regular deck, since all the faces are identical!  Here's a running list of some decks that I've personally come across that were optimized exclusively for the art of card flourishing, beginning with the well-known Virtuoso deck.  I've posted links to the reviews I've done on these.  If there are similar decks, I'd like to hear about them, but they do need to fit the criteria of being created purely for cardistry, and not for magic or playing games or anything like that.

Virtuoso Playing Cards

Virtuoso: The group, their deck, and their art-form by The Virts (Singapore)
Virtuoso: The world's first ever deck created just for cardistry by The Virts (Singapore)
Virtuoso: The evolution of the world's best cardistry deck by The Virts (Singapore)

Virtuoso, also known as The Virts, is a group of expert cardists from Singapore that have inspired many to take up cardistry, which is the art of card flourishing. They have also created the successful Virtuoso deck of playing cards, which has an eye-catching design and visual aesthetics optimized for cardistry.

School of Cardistry Playing Cards

The New Deck Order: Cardistry, and The School of Cardistry V1 Deck by Jaspas Deck (Singapore)
The New Deck Order: The School of Cardistry V2 Deck, and V3 Deck by Jaspas Deck (Singapore)
The New Deck Order: The Videos, and The Jaspas Deck by Jaspas Deck (Singapore)

Well-known for their School of Cardistry tutorials, Jaspas Deck and the New Deck Order have taken cardistry to the next logical step, by designing a series of stunning decks where every face card is identical, thus optimizing them for cardistry more than ever before.

Isometric Playing Cards

Isometric Playing Cards by Kenneth Aidan Foo (Singapore)

Kenneth Aidan Foo is well-known in cardistry circles for his videos and more, but he's also applied his own passion for this new art-form to create modern decks inspired by the classic Tally Ho circle-backs, and dominated by an isometric design that features his own love for hexagons.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=