You are Here:
The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund

Author (Read 1036 times)

The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:35:08 PM »

Jody Eklund

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

The Iron Horse premium quality playing cards has some of the most intricate details I've ever designed. This is a fully custom Illustrated deck of playing cards that has been painstakingly scrutinized on every level.

One of the most notable feature of this project is that this deck is inspired by a short story written by my good friend Ricky Cassford. His ability to creatively tell an epic story is truly awe-inspiring.

I am launching The Iron Horse on Saturday, May 6, 2017 @ 10am MST. As always, I would love to get your thoughts. I am attaching some pics of the project. Let me know your thoughts.
Jody Eklund

Re: The Iron Horse by Jody Eklund
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:16:42 AM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
Looks great Jody!

I love the deck box - will it be black with gold foil, like the Black Ink Limited Edition of your Golden Spike deck pictured below? 

Those are some very sweet looking tuck boxes, especially the pair alongside each other like that!

I noticed that in some of your decks you included the character names on the court cards, which I thought was a nice touch - any reason for not doing that here?
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:51:13 AM »

Jody Eklund

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

One of the things I wanted to do with The Iron Horse was pay homage to one of my most successful decks, which was the Golden Spike Black Ink Edition. The Iron Horse Standard Edition (which might be cool to call it "Black Ink edition") will be very similar to the Golden Spike Black Ink. Using either black foil or UV spot for the train and robber. Difference will be the tuck paper. Better paper now in my opinion. Also, I like the look of a 90% black tuck, not a full 100%. The black will show better.

The reason for not putting the names on the respective cards is because it will take away from the artwork. I will do the same as I have done the last couple projects and put the names on a separate card in the back of the deck. This project will come with a $5 pdf download that you can add-on that will have all of the character backstories and the short story of the "Attack on the Iron Horse" written by Ricky Cassford.
Jody Eklund

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
The reason for not putting the names on the respective cards is because it will take away from the artwork. I will do the same as I have done the last couple projects and put the names on a separate card in the back of the deck.

I really like the idea of having all the names on a separate card, as you've done with other projects.

I find that this has the added advantage of being able to see at a glance everyone featured in the court cards, and it adds to the historical interest. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:17:03 PM by EndersGame »
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

Jody Eklund

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Jody Eklund

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:05:19 PM »

Jody Eklund

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

The Kickstarter launch for The Iron Horse has been moved to Monday May 8, 2017 10am MDT
Jody Eklund