You are Here:
David Blaine Tour?

Author (Read 1157 times)

David Blaine Tour?
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »

Great Lakes Playing Card Co.

• True Member
  • Open to learning and growing
I'm not sure where to post this.  What are the rumors/thoughts/ideas etc. as to if David Blaine is going to create/produce a unique deck related to his 2017 tour?  Just trying to start the topic.  Let the guessing begin....  Is anyone for SURE going to see him?  What are thoughts on the VIP packages available?  His Web site says "...one deck of playing cards signed by David Blaine..." is part of the VIP experience.

Just getting started in collecting playing cards.  Any help is appreciated.  TY.

Re: David Blaine Tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:30:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm not sure where to post this.  What are the rumors/thoughts/ideas etc. as to if David Blaine is going to create/produce a unique deck related to his 2017 tour?  Just trying to start the topic.  Let the guessing begin....  Is anyone for SURE going to see him?  What are thoughts on the VIP packages available?  His Web site says "...one deck of playing cards signed by David Blaine..." is part of the VIP experience.

I'd love to go, but the closest he's coming to New York City (his own hometown, ironically enough) is Syracuse, which is nearly 200 miles away.  It's on a night that I'm working, so without using one of the few days off I get, there's no way I'm going to be able to make it.  Even then, it would involve a lot of driving or a plane ticket with either a cab ride or a car rental.

As fun as it would be, it wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting as the night I got to meet him in person and have dinner at his office downtown - and that was free of charge.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:20:08 PM »

• True Member
It seems to be touring to "smaller" theaters.  For example, here in Michigan he's going to be in Saginaw and Grand Rapids.  No stops the major-market of Detroit.  I wonder if that has to do with the show or what the promoters feel is the demand for tickets. 
Just getting started in collecting playing cards.  Any help is appreciated.  TY.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 01:09:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It seems to be touring to "smaller" theaters.  For example, here in Michigan he's going to be in Saginaw and Grand Rapids.  No stops the major-market of Detroit.  I wonder if that has to do with the show or what the promoters feel is the demand for tickets.

Some performers prefer smaller venues out of major metropolitan areas.  In Blaine's case, it leaves a greater chance of "wow factor" improving audience reception.  Blaine's a great magician, but I know of one or two dozen really good magicians in the New York area that I've met and seen perform.  That's a lot less likely to occur somewhere less densely populated.  He's not doing it for the cash - he can afford to be doing it for the fun, and upping the wow factor increases the fun for him, it would seem.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:55:35 AM »

• True Member
Anyone "in the know" know anything about any decks Blaine might be producing to sell at these events etc?