You are Here:
Spud Playing Cards - The Playing Cards designed for Cardistry

Author (Read 604 times)

Spud Playing Cards - The Playing Cards designed for Cardistry
« on: January 30, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »

Spud

• Newcomer
About me

Hi everyone, I'm Spud, creator of Spud Playing Cards. In May 2017 I got an idea for a deck of cards and have been developing it ever since. Today, I'm proud to announce that Spuds are finally here! With your help, we can bring these cards to life and get them into your hands.

The Inspiration

When I was designing this deck, I wanted to create something noticeable and great for cardistry. I took inspiration from many decks: Fontaines, Origins by Cardistry Touch, and School of Cardistry by the New Deck Order. And of course, I was also influenced by the iconic simplicity of Supreme.

After a lot of tweaking and asking for cardists' opinions, I settled on this design. The borderless backs are great for fanning while still helping your packet cuts look smooth and connected. The faces are custom designed for cardistry, and they're all identical so any cut, display, or fan is visually balanced.

I would love for everyone to check out my projects, I will leave the link below if you want to know more information about the deck. Thank you for the amazing support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65134919/spud-playing-cards-green-edition

Re: Spud Playing Cards - The Playing Cards designed for Cardistry
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:17 AM »

Eddie Hughlett

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
While not a cardistry guy I really like the clean design, colors and logo you've chosen. There's no doubt you've got a hit on your hands as it funded so quickly. To create a "brand" on your first deck is very smart in my opinion. No question as to whose deck it is. Maybe in the future the faces will become more traditional and your target audience can expand. Best of luck and BTW... your cardistry style and moves are world class!
"...almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."

- S.W. Erdnase

Re: Spud Playing Cards - The Playing Cards designed for Cardistry
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 02:22:10 PM »

Spud

• Newcomer
While not a cardistry guy I really like the clean design, colors and logo you've chosen. There's no doubt you've got a hit on your hands as it funded so quickly. To create a "brand" on your first deck is very smart in my opinion. No question as to whose deck it is. Maybe in the future the faces will become more traditional and your target audience can expand. Best of luck and BTW... your cardistry style and moves are world class!

Thank you for taking an interest in my design. As in the future, I will be designing decks with standard faces and this design is exclusively for cardistry.