[ISO] Russell & Morgan Bicycle 808 US8, US8A

Author (Read 15080 times)

[ISO] Russell & Morgan Bicycle 808 US8, US8A
« on: December 04, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some decks.  Russell & Morgan Bicycle 808 US8 or US8A.

I would prefer better quality complete with Joker. Box if possible. But would buy in any condition.
I would prefer old fan back or Rider back.

Please PM me if willing to sell.
thanks, Mike
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:40:26 PM by Msp062 »

Re: [BUY] bicycle 808 pre-1900 decks
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:31:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi everyone,
I am wanting to buy any pre-1900 bicycle 808 decks. Please PM.

It's kind of a broad category.  Were there any specific decks you were seeking, such as a particular back in a particular color pattern?  What condition were you seeking?  Even with decks that old, some more common models like the Rider Back in less-than-perfect condition without the box could be had for a reasonable price, while something more scarce and mint in box would go for quite a bit more.  Did you have a budget you wanted to work within or is the sky the limit?  Right now, the only limitation or criterion you've given is that you're seeking decks made within a specific period of nearly 15 years, from 1885 (the founding of USPC) to 1899 inclusive.  Do you have any flexibility within that criterion - for example, would you consider something perhaps five or ten years younger that is in excellent condition at a good price?  Or are you hard and fast on that limit?

I'm not doing this to pick on you or poke fun - it helps when seeking something to give specifics when possible, especially in a forum that's accessible worldwide.  It also cuts down on inquiries to you from people who have decks that are out of your budget, not in the condition you want, etc.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:32:14 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi Don,
Thanks for the query. 
-I left my request pretty broad on purpose as I am interested in any back pattern, any color, any condition. My only requirement is that it is branded Bicycle
-I would prefer decks that had a joker included and even a box, but that is not a necessity.
-I have no budget in mind, I know some examples could be quite expensive and I am prepared for that.
-I am seeking decks between 1885 and 1899.  I am not interested in decks younger that 1900.

Haha, I don't feel picked on. Hopefully the clarity will inspire someone to step forward and offer me their decks.

thanks,Mike

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 12:25:02 AM »

tobyedwards

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi, Mike!
I may have some decks that might suit your purposes but I do not know how to "PM" anyone. Is there another way to contact you? Thank you!
Toby

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
my email address is parobec@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 02:06:15 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi, Mike!
I may have some decks that might suit your purposes but I do not know how to "PM" anyone. Is there another way to contact you? Thank you!
Toby

Hey, Toby,

"PM" is shorthand for "private message" or "personal message."  To PM someone, click on their screen name in the column to the left of their message to see their profile, then scroll down to the "Contact Me" section and click on the link "Send this member a personal message."  It's like email but sent only through the forum, though members do receive email notifications of new PMs waiting for them, unless of course they've opted out of receiving notifications or changed email addresses and didn't update their profile.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »

tobyedwards

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Thank you very much for this helpful information, Don! I appreciate any lessons of this kind that I can get.

Re: [ISO] Russell & Morgan Bicycle 808 US8, US8A
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 05:57:16 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
ok, I have learned a little more about what I am looking for and I have updated my original post above.

Russell & Morgan Bicycle 808 US8 or US8A.

I would prefer better quality complete with Joker. Box if possible. But would buy in any condition.
I would prefer old fan back or Rider back.

Please PM me if willing to sell.
thanks, Mike
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:39:26 PM by Msp062 »